Some of the images I saw on YouTube are eerie and very moving - thousands of people peacefully marching with candles, indeed very similar to what happened 1989...
The pictures I saw of this anti-corona measure protest in Leipzig today conveyed a very similar air to me too. As one who witnessed this one in part, I can say that many people from all strata of society attended, while so-called "counter demonstrators" and Antifa tried to disrupt them and inciting violence so that the media could smear the protestors as something like "violent conspiracy theorists". You could hear them calling slogans like "Nazis out!" or "F*ck off!" Although the masses of people attending equaled nazis as much day would equal night (at least as far I could see).

Then, on the other hand, police forces and city administration hindered the process in a similar way as we have seen before, like in Berlin. For instance, they used their vehicles to barricade side roads from the main square and parts of the loop road where the largest chunk of protestors had gathered. That made it more difficult for protestors to evade into these streets in order to keep the social distance which was prescribed by regulatory agencies. It looks indeed like the "kettling" tactic Jones described above.

To give you an idea how packed this one was (shared via Telegram). You can see the main square and part of the circular road (also called "the ring") surrounding the inner city:

Leipzig city ring packed.jpg

Later the main rally was ordered to being dispelled by regulatory agencies because many people "didn't wear their masks". However, at that point in time I wasn't present anymore due of having had to leave earlier, thus got it via Telegram channels instead. Markus Haintz, one of the main lawyers of the movement which organized this mentioned that police didn't go around asking people who didn't wear their masks about medical exemption certificates. (I don't know how to refer to Telegram posts here as a source.)
Thus this smacks like regulatory city agencies deliberately worked toward finding reasons to dissolve the rally and to prohibit the subsequent march around the inner city along the ring road.

People however defied this order and mostly worked to go to the march with candles on their own instead. It was named a so-called "spontaneous demonstration" (according to the same lawyer I mentioned before) which is legal as such by German constitutional law. Thus regulatory agencies couldn't do much against it - and due to the spontaneous nature they possibly weren't able to do so anyway.

Here are some impressions of the march with the candles, which went very peacefully. Before people started to march (shared via Telegram as well):

Candels on tracks Leipzig.jpg

And here's a Youtube video giving some impressions of just before people started to march, and then after they passed police and apparently some guys who have used pyrotechnics:

Later, the pedestrian precinct areas in the inner city have been packed by spontaneous demonstrators as well, carrying candles and some guys with drums. They are chanting: "Peace! Freedom! Democracy!" And also (in adaptation of an FFF slogan): "We are here! We are loud! Because our freedom (instead of "our future", like FFF uses to chant) is stolen!"

The guy who comments this compares the mood to the one which might have been present in 1989. He also remarks (among other things) that there are just a lot of people who are not satisfied at all with the "status quo" (with corona measures "being the straw breaking the camel's back") anymore. He asks the question: "Look at them! Are these nazis? Are these lunatics?" As this is the picture the MSM so much like to paint them with. Which may make this video fit to send to some people in Germany who may (still) be open to take a second look at these protests.

Last edited:
The pictures I saw of this anti-corona measure protest in Leipzig today conveyed a very similar air to me too. As one who witnessed this one in part, I can say that many people from all strata of society attended, while so-called "counter demonstrators" and Antifa tried to disrupt them and inciting violence so that the media could smear the protestors as something like "violent conspiracy theorists". You could hear them calling slogans like "Nazis out!" or "F*ck off!" Although the masses of people attending equaled nazis as much day would equal night (at least as far I could see).
View attachment 40030
The guy who comments this compares the mood to the one which might have been present in 1989. He also remarks (among other things) that there are just a lot of people who are not satisfied at all with the "status quo" (with corona measures "being the straw breaking the camel's back") anymore. He asks the question: "Look at them! Are these nazis? Are these lunatics?" As this is the picture the MSM so much like to paint them with. Which may make this video fit to send to some people in Germany who may (still) be open to take a second look at these protests.
You just inspired me to start an antifa-free-zone. See if i can pull some over. This really should not happen here.

Thank you @Learner for sharing your impressions and these awesome pics and videos!

Here is a screenshot from one of them, and below a video from the 1989 protests in the same city. From what I understood, police tried to stop the march yesterday, but people peacefully broke through and the police retreated. And all that despite massive attempts to sabotage the whole thing beforehand.

I mean, what should the authorities have done? Call in Soviet tanks!? Seems like a historical moment. Have a look everyone at the videos Learner shared and watch those good people peacefully marching with candles in their hands. Goosebumps!

1604830280591.png

Here's a video from 1989 for comparison, people shouting some of the same slogans:

Another video from yesterday:

You just inspired me to start an antifa-free-zone. See if i can pull some over. This really should not happen here.
You're welcome, and hopefully you can win people over for some sense!

And there's also a snippet in the last video luc has shared: At around 18:18 you can see the beginning of something which looks like an Antifa attack. While police is watching and does nothing, as far as I (and the guy who streamed this video and people surrounding him) can see, people are taking matters into their own hands chasing those guys away.

Now more videos of this event and the impressive images are uploaded on social platforms. Last night another video has been shared, which conveys some sense of the sheer mass of people just moving along:

What's so touching about this is that, different from 1989, now people from all parts of Germany - East and West (and maybe even from foreign countries) - are marching together! 💗

That's the best video yet, thanks again @Learner.

If you don't have time to watch the whole thing, there is a time lapsed version at the end of it, here it is starting at 13:38:

Keep in mind again that only the "stationary" rally was allowed, then ended because people didn't wear masks, and then the crowd spontaneously started this march, which the police then blocked, but had to give up. This was the result. Which makes the whole thing even more powerful IMO, besides the historical reference.

However, at that point in time I wasn't present anymore due of having had to leave earlier, thus got it via Telegram channels instead. Markus Haintz, one of the main lawyers of the movement which organized this mentioned that police didn't go around asking people who didn't wear their masks about medical exemption certificates. (I don't know how to refer to Telegram posts here as a source.)
Without being very familiar with Telegram, I still tried to look, how one could refer to a Telegram post. In this case, I opened the Telegram App on the computer and searched for Markus Haintz. This led me to his channel "RA Markus Haintz, Querdenken-731 Ulm", then I subscribed, and I could read his posts. Here is a screenshot of an example:
1604846830644.png
[While writing this there were notifications. The Channel changed name over a period of a few minutes to eventually settle for: "Markus Haintz Rechtsanwalt, Bürgerrechtler und Querdenker"] At the top of the post, hold the cursor over the name of the channel. Right-click and in the drop-down menu, select "copy link". Paste the link into a browser window and you will get:
1604847495900.png
The embed options, I could not get to work, but this is what I tried: The embed code if one clicks "<> Embed" is
HTML:
<script async src="https://telegram.org/js/telegram-widget.js?14" data-telegram-post="Haintz/1420" data-width="100%"></script>
but I don't know how to embed it into BB code. It says under "Media" in the menu that these formats are accepted: "Apple Music, Dailymotion, Facebook, Flickr, Giphy, Imgur, Instagram (Legacy), Liveleak, Metacafe, Pinterest, Reddit, SoundCloud, Spotify, Tumblr, Twitch, Twitter, Vimeo, YouTube" Telegram is not mentioned! I tried to insert the address for the browser, in this case: Markus Haintz, Rechtsanwalt, Bürgerrechtler und Querdenker, as if it had it been a Tweet, but it did not work. Maybe somebody else has a solution. Or that is just how it is.

To sum up: when referring to a particular Telegram post, the name of a channel and a link to the post, that would work in a browser as described above, or a screenshot, ought to be sufficient. Btw, I am beginning to like Telegram.

To sum up: when referring to a particular Telegram post, the name of a channel and a link to the post, that would work in a browser as described above, or a screenshot, ought to be sufficient. Btw, I am beginning to like Telegram.
Thank you for taking a look, thorbiorn! I played a bit around with it and found one can use the link to the browser window as reference and maybe quote the text here (and translate when not in English). Embedding Telegram posts doesn't work with this forum software.

And yes, I like Telegram too! It's very neat and you don't have the adverts and stuff, while being able to find info quickly.

This morning and early afternoon, there was a small demonstration in Copenhagen Denmark against the new legislation regarding the handling epidemics. It started with about 100 people that moved through the city beginning with the State TV and Radio station and moving toward Norrebro Station and then back to the center, so 6-10 km. By the time it reached Norrebro Station, there were around 300 people. At the beginning, there were speeches, later at the stop outside the National Serum Institute, a song was distributed, and two others were sung at Norrebro Station. The lyrics were in Danish, but they were good and telling.

Attached is a recording of the sound of pots and pans making noise outside the State TV and Radio Station. One thing I learned from observation is that it can be helpful if one encounters inquisitive people to be open and ready to explain. The companion, I walked with was very good in this role.

In a newsletter from the organizer of the demonstrations, JFK21, there was a link to a Danish song from 2007, by the group "Danser med Drenge" fitted with new pictures from the Corona time. As I looked this song up, I found another video set to the song Uprising by the British rock band Muse but with Corona commented graphics including diagrams, video clips, pictures, and article headlines. Demonstration continues in front of the parliament all of the coming week, but it seems few are taking notice. Recently there have been scandals involving some male politicians being brought to fall because they put they made the wrong moves on colleagues and coworkers above the legal age. For instance, dancing too close, touching a woman on the thigh, and the like. As a result, one party went into a complete meltdown and the chief mayor of Copenhagen from the ruling party had to resign, and guess what, only women are now at the lead or even dare to be a candidate. Lots of scandal, lots of new commissions being set up to investigate this kind of offenses while at the same time, this far-reaching law flies under the radar. Another distraction has been the US election where people are happy that Biden has won, when one tells them about the cases where votes have been highly irregular, they move on as if nothing has happened. Some may even say it themselves, as when I heard: "In [such and such state] Trump stood to gain the state, but then they began to count the letter votes and they were all for Biden." Really - although this style of thinking may explain why they accept the Orwellian Corona measures without questioning?

Attachments

• 201108_1039.mp3
    556.2 KB
Hi Bernardo, you can watch it in the Odyssee platform :Hold-Up Documentraire 2020
I made a post about it in the thread Various interesting things in French : documentaries, etc. Indeed it's an excellent documentary !

More very touching scenes from the Leipzig protests. According to the media, of course, it was a bunch of violent Nazi-Conspiracy-theorists :lol: Note how even the police can't help but smile and the large group of doctors joining the protests. If you need some hope and positive vibes, this does the trick:

More very touching scenes from the Leipzig protests. According to the media, of course, it was a bunch of violent Nazi-Conspiracy-theorists :lol: Note how even the police can't help but smile and the large group of doctors joining the protests. If you need some hope and positive vibes, this does the trick:

Thank you Luc !!! 🥰 I confess that I had tears in my eyes. Even though I know that I don't have to become "attached" to it... but I will share it with all my friends 😉

Thank you from me as well @luc! I think this conveys the positive atmosphere that was felt by so many over that whole event. The weather was also very clear that day and stayed thus, so all the people with the candles on the loop road and later cramming through the pedestrian areas were well to seen from above - I thought it was like sending some signal to the sky in the symbolic sense! 💫

Keep in mind again that only the "stationary" rally was allowed, then ended because people didn't wear masks, and then the crowd spontaneously started this march, which the police then blocked, but had to give up. This was the result. Which makes the whole thing even more powerful IMO, besides the historical reference.

And as it goes, media and politicians (especially from the Green party, as it seems) are fuming all over about Leipzig regulatory agencies - especially police - that they let this happen. There's even a conflict about this in the state parliament of Saxony now:

The Leipzig “lateral thinker” demonstration on Saturday and the unrest in the Connewitz district the following night caused a coalition crisis in the Saxon state government. The Greens, who are responsible for the environment and justice departments in the cabinet of Prime Minister Michael Kretschmer (CDU), are demanding consequences: the Saxon security organs have “lost all trust.” Roland Wöller’s inaction as Minister of the Interior is no longer acceptable. ” The green coalition partner does not like the disproportionately harsh actions of the police in the alternative left-wing Connewitz with simultaneous nonchalance towards the “lateral thinkers”. Wöller disagreed at a press conference on Sunday. It is “irrelevant and completely absurd” to accuse the police of having failed: “The violent dissolution of a peaceful meeting was and is not an issue.”

As one can see at the page the link leads to, there has been unrest in Connewitz, a neighborhood in the South of Leipzig which is infamous for regular riots by leftist actors and their clashes with the police. Most MSM also rushed to tie this particular riot on Saturday evening to the anti-corona protest, though it happened kilometres away from that event.

I've listened to a statement of the president for the police in Leipzig, Thorsten Schultze. He said that police decided to not react in a violent way to the protesters when pressure built up on the loop road but to let them through, saying that they trust people to be sensible enough to act responsibly in the face of the "pandemic". Something along those lines.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom