Beautiful Art: architecture, paintings, sculptures, etc

From what I know, they used ropes to go up and down.
What a lovely memory to have. We'll try anything when young. The buildings look so clean and tranquil and the woodwork within is beautiful. Thank you for sending me the video.

This required quite a leap of faith – the ropes were replaced, so the story goes, only "when the Lord let them break":scared:

L’immeuble Castel Béranger. 14 rue La Fontaine Paris 16 ème arrondissement. . Art nouveau de Hector Guimard
Nous, mes grands parents maternels, mes tantes, Maman, mes soeurs et moi-même avons vécu dans cet immeuble pendant au moins 30 ans, là, vous ne voyez que l'entrée mais il y avait aussi 3 escaliers magnifiques qui desservaient les appartements...

The Castel Béranger building. 14 rue La Fontaine Paris 16 th arrondissement . Art nouveau by Hector Guimard
We, my maternal grandparents, my aunts, Mum, my sisters and I lived in this building for at least 30 years, there, you can only see the entrance but there were also 3 magnificent staircases which served the flats...

Fq7PcJYX0AMI4eM

Le monastère d’Agía Triáda des Météores, est un monastère chrétien orthodoxe ou catholicon, qui fait partie des monastères des Météores, situés en Grèce, dans la vallée du Pénée, en Thessalie.
Fqw42d6WwAEYqVW
You have to give it to those monks: they loved a view! Now it would be interesting to know where did they get their materials? Stones? Tiles? I can see wires coming out from the left side of the cliff? Are those electrical wires? What a place!

You have to give it to those monks: they loved a view! Now it would be interesting to know where did they get their materials? Stones? Tiles? I can see wires coming out from the left side of the cliff? Are those electrical wires? What a place!
Tuatha de Danaan has already checked it out: Baskets and ropes! Mind boggling! Going all out in order to experience a full spiritual life into a predetermined doctrine of living. Wow. All i can say is: Determination and the desire to worship without interruption will get you anywhere! :love:

Stone Serpent Bridge over the Macclesfield Canal in England. The "Snake Bridge" or "Roving Bridge" is a bridge over a canal built to allow a horse towing a boat to cross the canal when the towpath changes sides without having to be unhitched from the boat.

FrA9FQLWYAAiBW2

DÉTAIL DE DENTELLE DE MARBRE Foulard de la statue en marbre magistralement sculpté par le sculpteur français Louis-Philippe Mouchy (1734 - 1801) en 1789, pour la statue posthume du duc de Montausier, Charles de Sainte-Maure, gouverneur du Dauphin.

MARBLE DENTELLE DETAIL Scarf of the marble statue masterfully sculpted by the French sculptor Louis-Philippe Mouchy (1734 - 1801) in 1789, for the posthumous statue of the Duc de Montausier, Charles de Sainte-Maure, Governor of the Dauphin.

FrBZBUTWcAAXs3c

Back
Top Bottom