Atlas Shrugged - Ayn Rand Psychopath?

Patience said:
OK... But MLK was all about macro-social economic dysfunction and it's cure. Somebody like him is an exception that proves the rule. Only in a world thoroughly corrupted by pathology would such a man be assassinated.

You may be right. I can certainly have my blind spots, especially considering that while writing my post, my sympathies were mostly with the poor of Calcutta. Mother Theresa gets beatified but for the poor of Calcutta, what has changed?

Laura said:
There are very few people who do best on fruits and vegetables though many who can tolerate more or less of them. I just don't happen to be one of them.

This only works if you cut out the rest and let your body adjust to it for a while (1 to 3 months). That means nothing but raw, ripe, organic, fresh and whole fruits and vegetables. So a meal can consists of for instance 10-20 bananas. And a day menu: watermelon in the morning, bananas for lunch and oranges followed by a big salad for dinner. It's a skill to learn. It's hard to stick to it, mainly because of the huge social implications this has. But I know of no better detox (apart from fasting) method than this and if I eat enough calories (that means up to 30 bananas per day), eat enough greens (up to a pound per day), get enough sleep, be on purpose and set up conditions to manage stress there is nothing that makes me feel as clean, pure and sharp as this diet. It's a very difficult skill to learn when wanting to implement it as a permanent habit though.

Dirk said:
Laura said:
There are very few people who do best on fruits and vegetables though many who can tolerate more or less of them. I just don't happen to be one of them.

This only works if you cut out the rest and let your body adjust to it for a while (1 to 3 months). That means nothing but raw, ripe, organic, fresh and whole fruits and vegetables. So a meal can consists of for instance 10-20 bananas. And a day menu: watermelon in the morning, bananas for lunch and oranges followed by a big salad for dinner. It's a skill to learn. It's hard to stick to it, mainly because of the huge social implications this has. But I know of no better detox (apart from fasting) method than this and if I eat enough calories (that means up to 30 bananas per day), eat enough greens (up to a pound per day), get enough sleep, be on purpose and set up conditions to manage stress there is nothing that makes me feel as clean, pure and sharp as this diet. It's a very difficult skill to learn when wanting to implement it as a permanent habit though.

It may work for you Dirk, but it does not work for many of us here. It is not necessary to justify your diet, though I'm curious as to why you posted the above at all? Do you understand that seeking to make others do as you do is STS?

Do you see that?

Gimpy said:
It may work for you Dirk, but it does not work for many of us here. It is not necessary to justify your diet, though I'm curious as to why you posted the above at all? Do you understand that seeking to make others do as you do is STS?

Do you see that?

I am not justifying my diet. I am just saying that when Laura and others say it doesn't work for them, that they probably haven't done in it the right way (cutting out all other foods, mono-eating, eating enough greens, allowing enough time for the body to adjust, getting tons of sleep, getting enough calories, eating the fruit in great quantities ripe enough, eating organic, eating foods whole, getting enough sunlight, etc...). And I am sharing what I believe to be the right way. It's for up to any individual to then do more research and make such a choice for themselves.

I am not seeking others to do the same as I do. That's none of my business and is indeed STS in nature.

Dirk said:
Laura said:

Can I ask the reason that you became a vegan?

truth seeker said:
Dirk said:
Laura said:

Can I ask the reason that you became a vegan?

I am not vegan momentarily, but I did because of health issues.

Dirk said:
Bluestar said:
You really need to read the Wave and Adventure series, before the forum topics and transcripts by themselves. The information within these resources are priceless and will answer some of your questions. Probably add some more questions, but researching the answers for yourself is the key.

I have read parts of it, though it is a huge amount of material (the basics about 15 or 20 books or so altogether?).

Nope, it's only 8 books! ;)

Approaching Infinity said:
Dirk said:
Bluestar said:
You really need to read the Wave and Adventure series, before the forum topics and transcripts by themselves. The information within these resources are priceless and will answer some of your questions. Probably add some more questions, but researching the answers for yourself is the key.

I have read parts of it, though it is a huge amount of material (the basics about 15 or 20 books or so altogether?).

Yeah, for the Wave :-). Then about the same for the Adventure Series and again another 8 extra ((Gurdjieff, Mouravieff, Political Ponerology, some other books of Laura, etc..)

Well, will read them, nice project :).

Dirk said:
Approaching Infinity said:
Dirk said:

Yeah, for the Wave :-). Then about the same for the Adventure Series and again another 8 extra ((Gurdjieff, Mouravieff, Political Ponerology, some other books of Laura, etc..)

Well, will read them, nice project :).

Ahh, thought you were just talking about Wave and Adventures (FYI, the Wave books include the Adventures series). Along with all the recommended reading, it is quite the formidable list (but fun!).

Ayn Rand the hypocrite

Ok so speaking of books, and those written by Ayn Rand who is a libertarian icon, turns out that when she got old and sick she betrayed her own philosophy and grabbed Social Security and Medicare. There's a great article at Alternet on the subject: http://www.alternet.org/teaparty/149721/ayn_rand_railed_against_government_benefits,_but_grabbed_social_security_and_medicare_when_she_needed_them/?page=entire

So in addition to being morally bankrupt, IMO a "civilization" cares for its old and infirm, the philosophy proves to be impractical for one of its major proponents. It's one thing to take care of yourself when one is a young healthy breadwinner. It's another matter when one is old and/or sick. Guess she found this out firsthand but did she ever have the intellectual honesty to renounce her libertarian stance?

Dirk said:
Gimpy said:

Do you see that?

I am not justifying my diet. I am just saying that when Laura and others say it doesn't work for them, that they probably haven't done in it the right way (cutting out all other foods, mono-eating, eating enough greens, allowing enough time for the body to adjust, getting tons of sleep, getting enough calories, eating the fruit in great quantities ripe enough, eating organic, eating foods whole, getting enough sunlight, etc...). And I am sharing what I believe to be the right way. It's for up to any individual to then do more research and make such a choice for themselves.

Yup, Dirk, did all those things. And more. Remember, I'm pushing 60 and I've dealt with my autoimmune condition since I was 9, so I've had plenty of time to be experimented on and to experiment on my own. It's like The Wave... people who haven't read it keep writing to me asking "what about this, what about that?" and I say, just read The Wave - you'll see that there isn't much I've missed or haven't tried.

And another good one:
http://www.sott.net/articles/show/222351-Ayn-Rand-Fanboy-Paul-Ryan-Used-Social-Security-Hammock-to-Put-Himself-Through-College

Back
Top Bottom