Angel statue found in a Russian mine in Yakutia

dredger

The Living Force
Hi,

I do not know where to post this news so i opened a new thread with an explicit name.
I'm currently watching a french video of 30m discussing about it (here's the link on odysee, french speaking)

I quickly searched if already posted here but did not find one reference. I searched on terms like "statue russia" or "Elga" which is the name of the town and/or the coal mine where this statue was found.

Here's one 1m clip on youtube :

So far there are many interpretations of this, in regard also to the current worlwide situation. There are maybe more findings to make about, and i hope i do not post this too rapidly and that it's not a fake story ... 😅 we'll see

The statue looks very "modern". It has too many fine details and no apparent damage for something very old and dug up with an excavator. There are no details how and when the statue was found. My guess is some dudes decided to have fun in the Internet. Happens all the time.

A Russian TG channel War on Fake has:
Fake: A statue of an angel with a sword and shield was accidentally dug up by miners from one of the Yakut coal deposits. A photo of a unique find appeared in the social media.

Truth: The story of the ancient statue in the form of a female angel with a sword and shield was invented and brought to life by the workers of the Elga coal deposit.

The miners decided to play a joke and filmed an ownerless sculpture, which had long been lying on the territory of the rotational camp. They pretended to have dug up the statue on their own, and were surprised by the supposedly sudden find, Irina Kichigina, spokeswoman for the Elga coal complex, said.

Also, the media, citing Anastasia Kharitonova, the head of the ELSI press service, write that the author of the statue is one of the employees of the Elga coal deposit. He probably offered to shoot a 'sensational' video.

“This is not an artifact of some Templars, as they say on the Internet. This is the work of a field employee. We have such gifted people who create such things for themselves,” Kharitonova explained.
This does not mean this is the last word, but for now...

A Russian TG channel War on Fake has:

Debunked in a few minutes, that's efficient ! :-)
Thanks, at least this will prevent us spending time doing more researches.
In the french video i watched, the girl dismissed out of hand the fact that minors of a certain age and from a remote corner of russia would certainly not have had the idea of wanting to create a buzz, obviously that seems to be true, what a world !? :rolleyes:

Here is more:

It is pretty big, one and a half times the person, so it would require some work. What about the style, can one find something similar? Here is a cemetery angle:
1675720235326.png
Compare with the image of the Yakutia angel from this page:
esrpic-63d819c8469ac1.jpg

The article that carried the photo said:
Soon a refutation came out, according to which this ownerless statue had been lying around in the shift camp for a long time, and the miners decided to joke.

According to the press secretary of the Elga coal complex, Irina Kichigina, the story with the angel was blown up from scratch. The ownerless statue was lying around in the shift camp for a long time, until the unknown decided to make a sensation out of it.

It turned out that the 'mystical angel' was the work of one of the workers of the Elga deposit, who was engaged in coal mining and created real art in his spare time.

The press service of ELSI reported that they would not disclose the names of employees, even such gifted ones as this sculptor. And we can only be glad that such amazing talents live and work in Yakutia.
This article has:
IN THE ELGA COAL DEPOSITS IN THE ZONE OF PERMAFROST, MINERS DIGGED OUT A STRANGE STATUE IN THE FORM OF A WOMAN WITH A SWORD AND SHIELD, AND THERE LIKE WINGS IN THE BACK. SCIENTISTS ARE INTERESTED IN THE FINDING, THE ISSUE OF ITS FURTHER TRANSPORTATION IS DECIDED, THE FIRST COMMUNICATION ABOUT THE FIND SAID.
One angel often represented with a sword and a shield is Archangel Michael
Some people on the RU internet did not mind the origin, fake or real, and were interested in the significance of the sign.

The Wiki begins:
Michael,[Notes 1] also called Saint Michael the Archangel, Saint Michael the Taxiarch in Orthodoxy[5] and Archangel Michael is an archangel in Judaism, Christianity, Islam and the Baha'i faith. The earliest surviving mentions of his name are in 3rd- and 2nd-century BC Jewish works, often but not always apocalyptic, where he is the chief of the angels and archangels and responsible for the care of Israel.[6][7][8][9] Christianity adopted nearly all the Jewish traditions concerning him,[10] and he is mentioned explicitly in Revelation 12:7–12,[11] where he does battle with Satan,[12] and in the Epistle of Jude, where the author denounces heretics by contrasting them with Michael.[13]
Here and here they report in Russian about unusual finds in layers of coal. In the last link they have for instance:
In 1934, the very famous 'London hammer' was found. Spouses Emma and Max Khan at the Red Creek, near London (Texas) found it in the rock and it was made in the second half of the 19th century. And the age of the rock where he “lived” was ahead of geologists as 444-485 million years.
If the above is true, a possible parallel could be sailors stuck in ships in one of the US Navy experiments. Or if is not from the 19th century but really is as old as they say the coal deposit is, perhaps our knowledge of history is lacking.

The statue looks very "modern". It has too many fine details and no apparent damage for something very old and dug up with an excavator. There are no details how and when the statue was found. My guess is some dudes decided to have fun in the Internet. Happens all the time.
It looks like statuary you would see in a cemetery- I hope if this is a prank the prankster didn’t desecrate a burial site.

The wings look unfinished and the coat is strange, done in layers. Normally, statues have no empty space between the body and the covering to imitate the clothing. This one does between the shoulder and the hood. It reminds me of cement covered "lawn ornaments" that are advertised online that you can create yourself. And the statue does not have a proper base. The "find" does not mention the weight of the object.
I agree with the temporary verdict here: it is not from the past. It is not ancient unless proven otherwise. We will see if anything comes out of this in the near future. Neat though.

The wings look unfinished and the coat is strange, done in layers. Normally, statues have no empty space between the body and the covering to imitate the clothing. This one does between the shoulder and the hood. It reminds me of cement covered "lawn ornaments" that are advertised online that you can create yourself. And the statue does not have a proper base. The "find" does not mention the weight of the object.
I agree with the temporary verdict here: it is not from the past. It is not ancient unless proven otherwise. We will see if anything comes out of this in the near future. Neat though.
esrpic-63d819c8469ac1.jpg

Update: just noticed the neck area. Notice how it is "wrapped" around the neck???? Definitely handmade. Looks like the persons who made this statue used these techniques to create layers of fabrics dipped in cement. And the hands are not very convincing.
Look:
ff58021e8b09e9457154dc43735d8a7e.jpg

These are very popular at Halloween time. Search online for many tutorial explaining how it's made.

Hi,

I do not know where to post this news so i opened a new thread with an explicit name.
I'm currently watching a french video of 30m discussing about it (here's the link on odysee, french speaking)

I quickly searched if already posted here but did not find one reference. I searched on terms like "statue russia" or "Elga" which is the name of the town and/or the coal mine where this statue was found.

Here's one 1m clip on youtube :

So far there are many interpretations of this, in regard also to the current worlwide situation. There are maybe more findings to make about, and i hope i do not post this too rapidly and that it's not a fake story ... 😅 we'll see
I find the statue impressive! I wonder how did it come into being and where did it come from. Curious physiognomy, posture, hands...
I hope more information will come about.

Back
Top Bottom