A Rolling Barack Gathers No Light

ru said:
You know, I have had to stop the post I am currently working on – addressing those that have posted stuff to me - so that I can reply to yours, as it has touched me… I feel it is coming from a good place.
Please do not respond to the posts others have written to you until you have gotten up to speed with the material covered on this forum - to continue to respond will only add more noise to this forum and you have repeatedly been asked to get up to speed.

Please understand that if you do not respect this forum enough to do at least that - to actually be quiet until you get up to speed - then you will be removed.

RU said:
And honestly speaking Mada85, and coming from both my mind and my heart – as that’s really all I have – the knowledge and experiences I’ve acquired through my years of research and my desire to help others *who ask* – that you are “correct” in quotes…
One thing I've learned is that our desire to help others often stems from our self-importance. This is something I struggle with, and it has been pointed out to me many times. I'm not sure if you're familiar with In Search of the Miraculous, it's on the 'required reading' list and gives a good summation of Gurdjieff's philosophy. I've been re-reading it lately and thought his exposition on 'helping others' was relevant so I'll reproduce it here for your parousal.

Ouspensky said:
It was said, for instance, that somebody wanted to help people. In order to be able to help people one must first learn to help oneself. A great number of people become absorbed in thoughts and feelings about helping others simply out of laziness. They are too lazy to work on themselves; and at the same time it is very pleasant for them to think that they are able to help others. This is being false and insincere with oneself.

If a man looks at himself as he really is, he will not begin to think of helping other people: he will be ashamed to think about it. Love of mankind, altruism, are all very fine words, but they only have meaning when a man is able, of his own choice and of his own decision, to love or not to love, to be an altruist or an egoist. Then his choice has a value. But if there is no choice at all, if he cannot be different, if he is only such as chance has made or is making him, an altruist today, an egoist tomorrow, again an altruist the day after tomorrow, then there is no value in it whatever. In order to help others one must first learn to be an egoist, a conscious egoist. Only a conscious egoist can help people. Such as we are we can do nothing.

A man decides to be an egoist but gives away his last shirt instead. He decides to give away his last shirt, but instead, he strips of his last shirt the man to who he meant to give his own. Or he decides to give away his own shirt but gives away somebody else's and is offended if somebody refuses to give him his shirt to that he may give it to another. This is what happens most often. And so it goes on.
I cut up the big paragraph into smaller bites to make it easier to read.

Is it just me, or does Barack Obama SOUND a little like JFK? I wondered if that might be something that he (and his fellow campaigners) would try to enhance. A good example of NLP?

Ruth said:
Is it just me, or does Barack Obama SOUND a little like JFK?
Apropos your observation, earlier in this thread, Ryan said:

Ryan said:
And speaking of Obama, I have found Dave McGowan's take on the subject to be disturbingly plausible.
Here's the URL for Dave McGowan's article, where he discusses the parallels between Obama and Kennedy. And it's most definitely 'disturbingly plausible'.

_http://www.davesweb.cnchost.com/nwsltr92.html

Back
Top Bottom