4-d dream experiences ...

highmystica

Jedi Master
I've been having crazy dreams lately, well okay I always have crazy dreams, but I'm talking of a sub-type of my dreams. Technically they started several years ago late '96, but at the time the effect was mild, I started dreaming of various possible lines of existance that were essentially the same as my waking life, and some of those dreams were semi-prophetic, being that they describes things that were to come, like living in a place I wouldn't even see your years to come, yet missing certain key elements -> no biggie right, though for a while it bothered me as much as my truely prophetic dreams. I read somewhere on this site about how the c's consider prophecy to be a violation of free will - I fully agree, but for one who has such dreams it seems (at least in my case) to create a force of stagnation that was very hard to overcome in terms of development. All that aside, before I discovered this site my dreams took a profound new twist, I started to dream of many many other "me's". In the last year I have no idea how many such dreams I've had, but at some point or another all the story-lines connect back to this life. Before all this started happening I had felt that it was imperative to understand all my past incarnations, and to understand them so that I could try something "new". Anyway after reading through the material here regarding the transition to a 4d reality I've been really thinking about what such a transition must be like, and what the first part of the experience on the other side of that thresh-hold would consist of. I appreciate the synchronicity that led me to this site, for regardless of the accuracy of the limited metaphors one must rely on in describing higher density/dimensional realities in this reality it has offered me a useful model to try and work with this new mode of dreaming. Indeed it is far better than the web metaphor that has been describes for ages by mystics the world over - sure it is an appropriate model, but what is the useful application of it? Anyway I was wondering if anyone else has been experiencing a similar explosion of dreams, or if anyone has any thoughts to offer on it ...

The experience of an "explosion" of dreams is interesting, because it's likely that you have dreamed vividly every night (whether "prophetically" or not) but that you have recalled little except in a recent time of sleep changes as a result of some radical shift in your reality.

In the same reality you still have many "Me's" which are at the level of your personality, not in your essence. Your task may be simply to find the real and integral "me" through more true self-observation with less of the sense of wonderment.

In any event, you seem to want to present as confused and befuddled in your signature and in your overall written expression. Why have you been so confused? (I am not going to be the one to suggest that you look for professional assistance, that trigger will be in you).

Enjoy whatever your path is.

Well, indeed I have always been a vivd dreamer, the explosion of dreams I refered to was to this specific dream "type". I learned at a young age to remember my dreams because the thought of having 6-10 hours of experiences that I couldn't remember was unacceptable.

These other me's still feel like me and have essentially the same psychological landscape even though they seem to be defined by different (and sometimes radically so) events - my dreams of past lives though have often presented me with a far greater diversity in personality. It's just weird ya know ... I don't really think I explained it well above, not even sure how to fully express it ... hmm.

As far as the wonderment and confusion go - of course I'm beffudled - I live on planet earth ... confusion doesn't strike me as a bad thing, if I wasn't confused about this I'd be questioning some other aspect of reality and then would be confused about that - shruggs.

Thank you for your input though, I will think a bit on the possibility of simple ego constructs, but that solution doesn't seem to fit. But aye, self observation is always good advice ...

Usually, the prevalence of a certain type of dream or a certain theme indicates prolonged lingering of awareness on that topic. You mentioned you wanted to understand past incarnations, and the influx of material here provided more dream activation fuel.

Personally, I haven't had such dreams, but I did experience something similar in hypnagogic meditation visions spontaneously. In my case it was a decade or so ago, where a pillar appeared above my head and I could "see" figures one on top of the other. The higher it got, the more formless the figures, until there was a luminous source with wings, then abstract geometric (but not angular) flows and then just a blazing light. The lower portions were pastels of pink and violet for the most part, and the higher ones got more intense becoming gold.

I considered this just one "vertical" possibility, and may have been tuned to to different energies and concepts of spirituality at the time. My vision of the highest portions is pretty much the same, but the intermediate layers are not part of the picture anymore.

Anyway here is a dream posted here, that seems similar:

http://www.cassiopaea.org/forum/index.php?topic=1632

Other times there are direct encounters, and other times full-scale panoramic visions such as the one described in the link above.

This reminds me a lot about Jane Robert's Aspect Psychology theory. If you haven't read the book's:

Adventures in Consciousness: An Introduction to Aspect Psychology(1975)

Psychic Politics: An Aspect Psychology Book (1976)

they say a lot on the matter.

Things are definitely changing in the human psychic field, and I think many people are encountering what can be considered other aspects of themselves that go beyond (but may influence) personal psychology. If you want to explore the matter those books provide some interesting descriptions on the subject.

Actually I started having the dreams before I found the material here, though I suspect it certainly was influenced by my thoughts regarding past lives ... but I definately found the material here useful ...

Wow, that was an elegant image presented by John. Though his image has more of a vertical feeling to it - connecting higher and lower dimensional aspects of himself -

I'll see about tracking down those books after I have a bit more money to spend - I have a few financial annoyances to deal with first ... but I'm out of new books and need to read something that doesn't glow ... lol

I will stay with this "topic" to see whether we can achieve an understanding of common language, though in the end that doesn't matter so much as moving from a confused state (as if that is your normal existence) to a state of knowing that you can be awake.

Let's assume, too, (without either you or me being an ass) * edit - hahaha - the dreaded a*s*s* word - if you don't understand the reference it's simply the cliche "never assume because when you ass/u/me you make one of those out of you and me" * that I do not know you or anyone like you, while I take this conscious regression and feeling of deja vu:

*edit - para removed to avoid labelling any person present or absent*

They chose to remain in that state, believing that they could "become" something else if only they could piece together the puzzles of the intricate set of events and circumstances and things that could only be meaningful to them in the "spiritual" sense from dreams that were created and manifested in their own mind, that they could not separate in the "waking" state from the real environment and real people that influenced them and that they were responsible to.

There is no moral to the real life parable (yet), but there is an important distinction between a formulaic obsession with "becoming" and an experience of what it is to "be". Whatever they "become" in the dream state of their own consciousness, they will still "be" the same person in waking life until they take corrective and mission-appropriate action.

I wonder to what extent you, personally, go into these journeys in order to escape reality and the consequences of your own actions? Why is it that financial annoyances have become part of your existence? What is it that you have avoided dealing with?

What "material" did you definitely find to be useful?

These questions are rhetorical (to a point), not judgmental, and really they are only for you to answer privately. Self-observation begins in the mirror, of course.

These things that are bandied about as if we share them are in fact not commonly understood:

* being, as distinct from vebcoming, or doing, or trying
* knowledge (and its true value)
* understanding (which in an aware state, comes only from changes in being and commensurate changes in knowledge)
* "personality" (in the being sense, as it is opposed to essence. and the different sense in which psychologists use it, compartmentalizing into what you have called ego constructs and relating to psychopathology).

I apologise for my focus on your "confusion", and yes, you are correct, we all struggle with making sense of existence... some people attain a resolution by conformity and remaining asleep, and they are no longer confused, and their endorphins get off on numerous commodity fetishes and pretences at awakening... until they change. Most never can, never do.

You are describing abstract concepts that arise from you working on thoughts that are only yours... no-one put the dreams in your head but you. Perhaps you will be better to cite some specifics, things that have been interesting to you (like how you came to be in the house that was not quite the one you dreamed, and other examples) because in the theoretical you could unwittinlgy create further confusion with jargon and idiom that different authors use very differently (it's funny that the person I described used to criticize the use of "fancy words").

Be yourself and observe yourself, not what you think you will "become". Know that knowledge will not change being.

Attend to the consequences of your actions fully with your integral "I" when you have observed the presence of "I".

I wonder if we really have a common language at all, and whether "zebras ever change their spots".

Boootay??? I can easily assume that neither one of us are such, but I honestly have no idea what you mean by such a remark. With your concern about common language and what not, you can at least try and make an attempt to achieve that. Regardless you also seem to be working off a great many assumptions about me and are already willing to put me in a labeled box. This "wall" of assumptions that you seem to be working with would in and of itself be a hinderance to finding a common language.

Firstly I'm sorry that you spent so much time trying to help someone that it seems to have left a definate impact on your view of people in general. Perhaps you and this other person had conflicting ideas about what it is to be helpful and to be helped ... But then sometimes the best thing you can do to help someone is simply walk away, and sometimes just sometimes whatever you did to help them previously will help them in the long run though you will not be there to see the fruit of your labours. As it seems to me though you seem to have been helping this other person at the cost of yourself ... I have done similar things in my own life, so I'm not projecting any fault upon you ...

Regarding the various paths this person sought they seem to have been trying someone else's path rather than their own. That strikes me as unfortunate, because without being able to test a given system's dogma experimentally to see if such a system has value (like christianity for example) how can one know if there is any merit to it? Which incidently is one of the things that really attracts me to the material here at cass. Still considering this other person you brought up ultimately they choose to do whatever it is they did, and go where they went - shruggs ... I myself do see a bit a value in understanding other systems particularly even ones such as christianity for the simple reason that the majority of people in the U.S. practice that faith and it helps to be able to see where they are coming from. Likewise I see a value in understanding symbolism in itself, because it strikes me as a form of visual poetry, and artwork that has a lot of embedded symbols in it has more to say if you can read the language.

Concerning the formulaic obsession with "becoming" and an experience of what it is to "be" that you present, as something seperate from this other person you seem to want to paste over your perception of me let me offer this ... "being" is only a mind-set, and becoming is a contant force, regardless of whatever we may or may not become we are always becoming something else. I do not see being and becoming as mutually exclusive, I see them as completely different, yet they do seem related for as one is in a state of being they can accelerate the process of transformation.

As far as going on these journeys I supose I do it to ultimately understand myself ... I see equal value in understanding all my parts, and considering my sub-conscious is definately at the front for about a quarter of my day to day life (when I sleep) and certainly colors my view on waking reality it is as important (in my opinion) as understanding my waking mind. We all have thoughts that seem to show up unexpectedly during the course of our lives ... with your fixation on self-observation, ever ask yourself ... "why am I having this thought?" "where did it come from?" and if it came from your sub-con then what? Are you prepared to face those unresolved issues buried in your sub-con?

Of course I am describing abstract thoughts that arise from my subjective mind - this IS the dream forum, as such it is less likely to find a common language here than it is in other forums ... the sub-con by its very nature is very abstract and subjective.

Oh opps, almost missed one thing you brought up ... the place where I was living was exactly the same, the events surrounding that specific day were virtually the same, the layout of the furniture was the same, the smells of what was cooked, the difference centered around two people that were missing ...

The financial annoyances I was talking about were in regard to a few impending dental appointments and we all know what health care in the U.S. is like. Sheesh ...

I have often heard it said in one way or another that the problems we see in others are the problems we are most affected by, perhaps you should spend a bit more time observing yourself so that you may integrate yourself more completely. Who knows maybe a sence of wonder and mystery will return to your life ... just a thought ...

Thanks for your "considered" assessment of what has been provided to you.

To briefly correct some misapprehensions:

1. Assumptions made about people don't really get in the way of commonality of language. Words are dead symbols describing living things, be they concrete or abstract. The way we use them is either common or it isn't... for example it is now abundantly clear that your understanding of and use of the words "self observation" are unrelated to an essential practice of the fourth way. But let me assure you, that any assumptions made by anyone about you do not build a wall hindering commonality of language.

2. The "other" person is not someone who affects my judgment of people in general, because every individual is unique, and every struggle is unique. It is simply that some people make no progress and choose to remain as they were, confused and embryonic. The "other" person demonstrated traits of mendacity and hypocrisy in relation to much of their dealings with all their significant others and particularly to their conception and application of Christian faith. This is not a general characteristic of other people. Last time I knew this person's position on Christianity they claimed to be very deeply committed; if I ever heard that the person was "just experimentally testing the dogma of the faith to see if the system worked" as you have suggested it would serve build the picture of abject confusion that they experience.

3. I did not give the "other" much of a gift of time, only energy.

I believe a common language can be found to describe the most abstract concepts including the dream state. The common language is essential to getting any value from sharing any self observation you choose to undertake. The thoughts that appear spuriously to you during the day come from what is called the formatory apparatus. "Being" is not a mindset, it is the true goal. "Becoming" something else that is different to your essence is a mindset more prevalent if you are in a confused position.

I personally don't feel lacking in any sense of wonder or mystery, you would need to ask the people that inspire and are inspired by me. It is more a case of not wasting energy on attracted attention or identification or imagination. If you chose to do what is colloquially referred to as "the work" you would certainly understand. But if you choose to "test the dogma experimentally to see if the system has value" *heehee* then you are wasting an awful lot of energy time and time again!

"Opps" I forgot too... the question I asked was how you came to be living in the house that you dreamed about, years later? You didn't quite address that... there would be a good deal of material about the prophetic value of your dreams contained in that example. Who were the people missing, and why do you think they were missing? Did they somehow come to your life later too, or were they simply characters who might have been there to make the dream fulfilment more precise and complete?

highmystica said:
Boootay??? I can easily assume that neither one of us are such, but I honestly have no idea what you mean by such a remark.
That's just the forum auto-censor kicking in so that the language stays "family friendly". Though it's preferred that people exercise a bit of restraint and censor themselves in this regard.

bleh - I choose to delete the other stuff that I *might* have said to instead to present this .... as I have previously answered your questions have you granted such answer unto me ... as much as I want to question you about your self righteous stance regarding experimentation ... let me ofer this instead - I was seeking to talk with folk who might have had a 4D dream experience, so we could discuss that, however you sought to turn it into random jazz regarding me, as I dissolved your first line of drama you seem to be of the desire to approach me again ... well hey it seems that you by your own standards seem to know all this and that, and well if that is the case - well then leave us dreamers in peace. So easy to talk to other folk that may have had such dream experiences ... whoa - you did that too? crazy huh - and all that jazz. You've gone out of your way to mess that up for me and them - I ask you why - do you feel better for it?

and I assure you that becoming is like "change" it is the only constant in the universe ... if you fail to test that experimentally then no matter how deeply you come to be you can never really .... well whatever .... nevermind - if you have something to say about dreams here discuse that - aye yo

highmystica said:
bleh - I choose to delete the other stuff that I *might* have said to instead to present this .... as I have previously answered your questions have you granted such answer unto me ... as much as I want to question you about your self righteous stance regarding experimentation ... let me ofer this instead - I was seeking to talk with folk who might have had a 4D dream experience, so we could discuss that, however you sought to turn it into random jazz regarding me, as I dissolved your first line of drama you seem to be of the desire to approach me again ... well hey it seems that you by your own standards seem to know all this and that, and well if that is the case - well then leave us dreamers in peace. So easy to talk to other folk that may have had such dream experiences ... whoa - you did that too? crazy huh - and all that jazz. You've gone out of your way to mess that up for me and them - I ask you why - do you feel better for it?

and I assure you that becoming is like "change" it is the only constant in the universe ... if you fail to test that experimentally then no matter how deeply you come to be you can never really .... well whatever .... nevermind - if you have something to say about dreams here discuse that - aye yo
All questions are relevant, and while "jazz" can be improvised it's not random.

My "stance" on experimentation is not self-righteous. It's based on the integrity of what you (general you, not specific you) present... if, for example, you present to a wide body of people who may hold respect for you, that you are a practising Christian - in order to conform with shared ideals and maintain the connection because this faith is important - then there is no problem. If at the same time, you present to other people that you have dabbled in Christianity to test the dogma to see if the system works - then by definition there is a conflict inherent in your faith (which is not true), and this is by definition the "H" word. I point this out not to offend you, but simply to show that questioning the validity of an "experimental" position on faith is not self-righteous at all.

Can you show me please where the first line of drama was, and where you dissolved it? I would be very happy to understand that more.

I'm certain that people who want to talk about 4D dream experiences and other experiences with you will do just that with you.

I have a genuine concern for you based on past experiences that are related and unrelated. Thanks for composing the extra material and deleting it, if you wanted to share that with me privately you will find that I am one of the most civil, sensible, understanding (and modest) folk that you will meet in this lowly dimension.

why on earth should you be concerned for me masked? That all confuses me to no end ... I already explained the drama part in being that it seemed to me that you were projecting the ghost of an ex past upon me - well not so much in such a phrase - shruggs - What I deleted seemed to be exteranious if you must know - something along the lines that such a random ex-romance and half-way expected stalker pestered you here and all that ... But such material seemed irrelevant considering this is a post about dreams all and all

No romance or half-expected stalker, no... someone in need.

Good luck in your becoming, and whatever your dreams do to guide you in that.

Back
Top Bottom