Trump Assassination of Iranian General Soleimani - IRGC Counterstrike

We might have a new thread called Joe's hits ;)

Well, let's not get carried away! I'm just looking at any given situation with a very cynical eye and not believing any of the rhetoric and hubris and considering what all these people actually want: control over their own populations and political survival and enrichment for themselves. In that sense, ALL of this is a distraction, as the Cs have repeatedly said, from something 'wicked' coming this way. Oh well, those who see will, those who don't...won't.

The fall of the Ukrainian "Boeing" - aviators point to the striking elements in the skin (PHOTO)

Yeah, this is perhaps the most interesting aspect of last night's activities. At this point, it is highly likely the plane was brought down by sabotage of some sort. From a Telegraph article on the topic.

"Aviation expert David Learmount has said the crew's failure – or inability - to communicate has confused aviation experts, "because the implication is that whatever happened was sudden and violent, forcing the crew immediately to fight for control".

The crew of the Boeing 737-800 did not have the capacity to transmit an emergency call before it descended out of control to impact on the edge of the city.

Mr Learmount said: "Even a catastrophic engine failure – a possibility originally mooted by the Ukrainian authorities but then withdrawn – would be highly unlikely to have such a dramatic effect on control of the aircraft. A 737 is capable of flying safely on just one of its two engines."

Which is true. So we're just left with how it was done. A missile is unlikely, I think, but a bomb certainly could have done it, or even something more 'exotic'. The plane came from Toronto with a lay over in Ukraine.

Yeah, this is perhaps the most interesting aspect of last night's activities. At this point, it is highly likely the plane was brought down by sabotage of some sort.

Which is true. So we're just left with how it was done. A missile is unlikely, I think, but a bomb certainly could have done it, or even something more 'exotic'. The plane came from Toronto with a lay over in Ukraine.

It makes perfectly sense, considering also the following from sputnik:

All 176 People Aboard Ukraine's Boeing 737 Killed in Crash After Take-Off Near Tehran

[...]

Crashed Ukrainian Jet Lost Contact With Air Traffic Control Tower – Officials
"The plane’s pilots had no contact with the air traffic control tower," Ali Abedzadeh, the head of Iran’s Civil Aviation Organization, was quoted as saying by the Mehr news agency.
Reza Jafarzadeh, a spokesman for the Iranian civil aviation, told the national broadcast IRIB that radio connection with the jet was lost right immediately after it left the runway.

It's in reading between the lines of the words of Trump and his Iranian counterpart that you can understand what is going here.

Trump threatens more sanctions against Iran, Iran threatens kicking all US troops out of the region.

BOTH of these threats are economic.

Both countries are essentially bargaining with each other in anticipation of likely future back room negotiations. Remember, we live in a economically globalized world where no country can afford to be an island.
Particularly in Trump's era: money talks ideology (religious, political etc.) walks.

[composed before the latest posts from Joe and others]
Watch Trump act like nothing has happened. Why? Because he negotiated this Iranian retaliation right after killing Soleimani, as I noted in my article on the topic.

The Iranians have already made clear they are playing along.
I listened to Trump's address this morning and it was nauseating. His continued demonization of Soleimani as a monster/ultimate terrorist as justification for his assassination just too hard to stomach. I'm mystified that Iran is playing along with this whole thing although it is not in anyone's interest to have WWIII become a reality. Then there's the plane crash - seems most unlikely to be just a coincidence considering the timing and the country involved. What a horrific tragedy for the victims of the plane crash and their families. But then, the whole fake war on terror has been an ongoing horroric tragedy in its destruction of life, property, and financial repercussions. What's the latest cost estimate - $6 trillion? And how many lives lost or shattered! I guess the end is in sight - one way or another.

Yeah, this is perhaps the most interesting aspect of last night's activities. At this point, it is highly likely the plane was brought down by sabotage of some sort. From a Telegraph article on the topic.

Agreed as well.

Handling an engine failure on a twin engine jet should be a non-event for most airline pilots. The debris field and the existing reports seem to suggest that the pilots had attempted a 'u-turn' back to the airfield that they just took off from.

The point of first ground impact is at position N35.5625 E51.1033, the field of debris expands south of that location - which suggests, the aircraft had turned around and was moving in the direction of the airport again. - Aviation Herald

Since the pilots didn't make any calls to the ATC, assumption is that something catastrophic must have happened and they may have been struggling to control the airplane.

The crew did not transmit any emergency call and did not indicate any problems. The aircraft crashed about 5 minutes after departure.- Aviation Herald

[composed before the latest posts from Joe and others]

I listened to Trump's address this morning and it was nauseating. His continued demonization of Soleimani as a monster/ultimate terrorist as justification for his assassination just too hard to stomach. I'm mystified that Iran is playing along with this whole thing although it is not in anyone's interest to have WWIII become a reality. Then there's the plane crash - seems most unlikely to be just a coincidence considering the timing and the country involved. What a horrific tragedy for the victims of the plane crash and their families. But then, the whole fake war on terror has been an ongoing horroric tragedy in its destruction of life, property, and financial repercussions. What's the latest cost estimate - $6 trillion? And how many lives lost or shattered! I guess the end is in sight - one way or another.

He just about bumbled his way through that, half of it mispronouncing words and saying Soleimani is the demon creating hell in the middle east while in the same breath talking about how ISIS is the real devil and a natural enemy of Iran. And anyone who pays attention even a little bit knows that Soleimani was a key leader in defeating ISIS. Or was it Russia? Oh no wait it was the good ole USA - they certainly haven't been creating hell on earth in the Middle East for the past 2 decades. And where the hell is Israel in this story anyway?

There's so many twisted narratives and layers of BS in varying degrees of pungency that the whole thing is just a mess at this point.

We're quite privileged to have an American president who is so incoherent that he unveils to the world and even the uninterested observer just how full of s**t the great US of A really is, and always has been.

The catch is that those who pick up on this tend to get funneled into Trump Derangement Syndrome and think he's the only problem, rather than seeing the bigger picture being revealed.

At the end of the current developments may be the withdrawal of the US military from Iraq which can only strengthen the "shiite crescent" in the region, and result in more security for Iran and Syria, of course.

The Deep State might be in for a lot of trouble trying to prolong the occupation of eastern Syria and stealing Syrian oil with the help of ISIS. Even the Lebanese Hezbollah could profit from a revitalized Syria-Iraq-Iran axis.

The losers will be Saudi Arabia with its anti-shiite bedevilment, Israel which will have lost the American boots on the ground in the Euphrates region and the US Deep State with a reduced playground in the region.

At the end of the current developments may be the withdrawal of the US military from Iraq which can only strengthen the "shiite crescent" in the region, and result in more security for Iran and Syria, of course.

And Russia steps in to make sure the space will be secured by them, naturally:

Russia Proposes To Secure Iraqi Airspace With S-400 Air Defense

The Ministry of Defense of the Russian Federation has offered Iraq Tuesday the option to purchase the world's most advanced missile defense system to protect its airspace, reported RIA Novosti.

According to the report, the Iraqi Armed Forces could purchase the Russian S-400 Triumf air defense system, which RIA points out, can "ensure the country's sovereignty and reliable airspace protection."

"Iraq is a partner of Russia in the field of military-technical cooperation, and the Russian Federation can supply the necessary funds to ensure the sovereignty of the country and reliable protection of airspace, including the supply of S-400 missiles and other components of the air defense system, such as Buk-M3, Tor -M2 and so on," said Igor Korotchenko, Russian Defense Ministry's Public Council member.

For the last several months, Iraq has considered purchasing Russian air defense and missile systems, including the S-400, however, it has been met with fierce pressure from the US.

But with a political crisis between the US and Iraq underway, thanks partly to the US assassination of Iran's Maj. Gen. Qassem Soleimani, Russia could profit as Iraq attempts to decouple from the US.

What is not understandable after all ..is that.. why you just choose someone to kill ...I know all the reasons . But still....that only means that trump in this case is just an assassin period....if you terminate a body you block the evolution in this case the evolution of Mr Soleimani.
Is a very negative action....it looks sometimes that trump is Bipolar or something else really ....

What is not understandable after all ..is that.. why you just choose someone to kill ...I know all the reasons . But still....that only means that trump in this case is just an assassin period....if you terminate a body you block the evolution in this case the evolution of Mr Soleimani.
Is a very negative action....it looks sometimes that trump is Bipolar or something else really ....
I'm not saying this unrespectfully is just what it seems to me .... doesn't have to be true.....

This theory proposed by Joe about the spectacle of it all reminds me of the geopolitical situation Orwell described in 1984: where the 3 empires would wage token wars on insignificant plots of land to fortify national hatreds, distract their subjects from internal issues, and destroy surplus people and resources beyond the ability of the oligarchs to dispose of properly. It's like the WWE: the wrestlers have to draw a bit of blood here and there, otherwise the audience will start to think it's fake. 🤡

Complete effing pageantry.

The State of the Iranian Crisis January 8, 2020

Paul Craig Roberts

Readers are asking my take on the Iranian retaliation and Trump’s response. I think a deal might have been arranged between Washington and Tehran via a third party. The Iranian attack resulted in no US casualties. Thus, it serves both Iran’s purpose of retaliating and Trump’s purpose of interpreting the Iranian retaliation to be, in effect, a stand down. Possibly Trump will apply “crippling sanctions” as a cover for withdrawal from most of the Middle East. Iran wants the US out, and Trump’s original intention was to withdraw before Russiagate forced him to stay. Thus, both Trump and Iran have a common interest in US withdrawal. Although the Iranian missiles killed no one, they did demonstrate to Israel that the Iranian missiles have pin point accuracy. As Israel is a small land area, the accuracy of Iranian missiles possibly has changed Israel’s mind about provoking a war. If Israel also stands down, perhaps the crisis is over. more

Putin’s Hour Is At Hand was published in the Russian press Monday morning, January 6, 2020.

Putin’s Hour Is At Hand

Paul Craig Roberts

Unless Putin submits to American and Israeli will, he has no choice but to block any Washington/Israeli attack on Iran.

The easiest and cleanest way for Putin to do this is to announce that Iran is under Russia’s protection. This protection should be formalized in a mutual defense treaty between Russia, China, and Iran, with perhaps India and Turkey as members. This is hard for Putin to do, because incompetent historians have convinced Putin that alliances are the cause of war. But an alliance such as this would prevent war. Not even the insane criminal Netanyahu and the crazed American neoconservatives would, even when completely drunk or deluded, declare war on Iran, Russia, China, and if included in the alliance India and Turkey. It would mean the death of America, Israel and any European country sufficiently stupid to participate. more

Last edited:
I wonder how much, if any, of the Iran nuclear dealings under Obama and Kerry plays a part in these events? Apparently Kerry wasn't happy about Trump getting out of the deal.

Kerry wasn't pleased with the U.S. withdrawal from the Joint Comprehensive Plan of Action in which the U.S. sent pallets of cash to Iran.

I don't know how much money changed hands and if there were any financial kickbacks for Kerry and the US deep state involved. If there wasn't any, I don't understand what the US was seeking to gain from this "Joint Comprehensive Plan of Action" / Iran nuclear deal.

I read this threat comes from Iran’s Foreign Minister to expose people that took bribes to make this deal:

If Europeans stop trading with Iran and don’t put pressure on US then we will reveal which western politicians and how much money they had received during nuclear negotiations to make deal happen

Some people I'd imagine would be looking at how they'd ensure their return on investment for this deal.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom