Cunk on earth...

Mililea

The Living Force
FOTCM Member
I typed the title of this "history series" into the search but found nothing. If it has been shared after all, feel free to move it there.
I don't know what to describe it as, a parody of serious history documentaries or maybe a reflection of our society today. In any case, it's very, very entertaining if you understand the humor. Sometimes I really feel a little sorry for the professionals, what questions they have to answer. And I'm impressed how they can still remain serious.
After the C's recommended that we need more humor, I highly recommend this series.... This is a small excerpt... (In Germany, it can be streamed on Netflix)

I typed the title of this "history series" into the search but found nothing. If it has been shared after all, feel free to move it there.
I don't know what to describe it as, a parody of serious history documentaries or maybe a reflection of our society today. In any case, it's very, very entertaining if you understand the humor. Sometimes I really feel a little sorry for the professionals, what questions they have to answer. And I'm impressed how they can still remain serious.
After the C's recommended that we need more humor, I highly recommend this series.... This is a small excerpt... (In Germany, it can be streamed on Netflix)
Oh MY GAWD!
This is so hilarious! Her seriousness, and that stare....😳
My husband and I are in tears, 🤣😂🤣
Thank you, for sharing this!
We checked, and Netflix in Canada has 5 episodes, our evening entertainment is planned.

Thank you @Mililea for sharing this.
I like Diane Morgan especially because there's so little humor on the internet. I don't have a television so I don't about that, but it seems to me that before was so many funny series, like Fawlty Towers, The Monty Python, Absolutely Fabulous, Alo alo, You Rang, M'Lord?
I preferred English humor unlike the American one. Maybe it's just a matter of taste.
And if I'm searching something on You Tube, just to laugh little bit there's so much in those videos to kill my desire to laugh. I don't find funny if someone is hurt or someone teasing the cats or something like that.
It will be awesome if we could find some source of laughing. For start, Diane is good choice.:thup:

Yeah, I forgot to mention that I like to watch The Rubin Report, he calls Schwab Palpatine and Tony Blair Mickey Mouse. Somehow little bit of humor makes news more easily acceptable.

I haven't checked this one out yet, but the first series was called 'Cunk on Britain', which i watched when it first came out (5 years ago?), and i have to say i was in tears i found it so funny. Well, at least the first few episodes. After that either the quality dropped or maybe the novelty of it wore off. Either way, it's not often that i like the comedies on off, and i hadn't laughed that hard in a while. You can find an episode of that series here.

Whilst it's probably not to everyone's tastes, i think what got me the most is her tone, delivery and the accent. The jokes were fairly well written, too. One of the writers is Charlie Brooker, of Black Mirror fame (which i did not watch myself). He also did a news review show, probably 10 years ago, that was, at the time, fairly on point with scathing jokes about the state of the politics.

Imo, the issue with a lot of comedy nowadays, especially observational humour and satire, is that few people seem to be able to see just how crazy things really are, and so their jokes fall flat; i'm just left thinking "it's actually even crazier than you think".

It's not the same kind of humour (i think), but one comedian i came across recently, Trey Kennedy, has been relatively reliable with the funnies; some are just humorous silly skits - he's good at impressions and caricatures - others are more like social commentary that is on point (or close enough!).

He has funnier ones, but i liked how he pointed out the farce of mask wearing:

Last edited:
It's not the same kind of humour (i think), but one comedian i came across recently, Trey Kennedy, has been relatively reliable with the funnies; some are just humorous silly skits - he's good at impressions and caricatures - others are more like social commentary that is on point (or close enough!).

He plays different variants here :lol:

"Vaccines are made of Hillary's blood, am I right?"

I haven't checked this one out yet, but the first series was called 'Cunk on Britain', which i watched when it first came out (5 years ago?), and i have to say i was in tears i found it so funny.
I discovered Cunk on Britan yesterday too. But I haven't seen it yet
i'm just left thinking "it's actually even crazier than you think".
Not bad either. I also think about it with such humour, it's worse in reality, but even if it's made funny, maybe it makes people who don't think about it that way more aware of it. It's also my way sometimes, for example, to make my friends or work colleagues aware of something... I exaggerate a situation and present it and suddenly they understand that they were wrong and we laugh about it. Unfortunately I don't have a specific situation in mind right now.
But I really see it as positive that there are things like that. Life is way too serious anyway, so a bit of humour is really good!

If I'm not mistaken, this is the actress in the "IT crowd" (if I am, let's say that all white people look the same to me lol).
It's not the same actress, she's this one. But I love IT Crowd...
It's those moments where the humour is so delightfully unbelievable and you can't believe they're doing that right now... I remember with IT Crowd, for example, the thing with the fire when he's writing an email because he's completely overwhelmed... just brilliant.

I'm really happy that I made you laugh with the parts of cunk.... :-P

I woke up at 4:30 am and couldn't go back to sleep, so this thread was a godsend. Thank you! I watched everything posted and linked to and I laughed so hard, my abdominal muscles are starting to look like I did a workout. What a fabulous morning, I am ready to start the day now :lol:

I haven't checked this one out yet, but the first series was called 'Cunk on Britain', which i watched when it first came out (5 years ago?), and i have to say i was in tears i found it so funny. Well, at least the first few episodes. After that either the quality dropped or maybe the novelty of it wore off. Either way, it's not often that i like the comedies on off, and i hadn't laughed that hard in a while. You can find an episode of that series here.

In the episode linked above, the impression on the face of the blonde woman when Philomena asks her about Camelot, is priceless :rotfl:

If I'm not mistaken, this is the actress in the "IT crowd" (if I am, let's say that all white people look the same to me lol).

I am around white people a lot, and I can tell you with certainty that that's not the same woman. :-D

Back
Top Bottom