Putin Recognizes Donbass Republics, Sends Russian Military to 'Denazify' Ukraine

"Crimea is a very small area too." Really? You are on a par with such a connoisseur of geography as Liz Truss. Crimea is a strategic foothold in the Black Sea. Due to the fact that Crimea became part of the Russian Federation, the Russian Federation is blocking the NATO fleet in the Mediterranean Sea.

I am very aware of this fact. I dont think crimea is a very good example for a successfull large scale invasion and neither is Syria. For obvious reasons. In Syria the Russians had been an ally of the Syrian government fighting mainly US/Israel/Saudie proxies. No direct confrontation with NATO forces come to my mind. I dont know much the invasion of Crimea but i hardly remember any serious resistence there. Had there been any?

So the last example of a real Russian Invasion had been Afghanistan. How about we wait until the, hopefully soon end of Russias Ukrain campaign? After this we will have a much better picture of how effective the russian military is.

As for Syria. When the Russian Armed Forces entered the war for Syria, the Assad administration controlled 10% of the territory, and now 85-90. There are US forces that are stealing Syrian oil, but this will soon come to an end.

Correct but see my comment on Syria above.

Are you generally sure that you are on the side of truth and light?

I certainly hope so :) Are you sure Putin is?

Looks like yesterday was a tough day for Russian forces

I can't help but think special operation forces from NATO may be operating to stop or slow down the taking of certain strategic places by Russia. It also looks like the Ukrainian side is successfully exploiting Russia's objective of not causing civilian damage by essentially drawing Russia into close quarter gun fights in or near residential areas where Russian soldiers can't receive air or artillery support.

As demonstrated where exactly? Afghanistan?
IMO Putin, his administration and soldiers did a great job in Syria and there they showed what they are capable of and could train in real life a lot (i.e. new weapons) to fight against terrorists. Of course, Ukraine is bigger, but he has also easily access to his troops, since Russia is the neighbor of Ukraine. IMO it is only a matter of time and hopefully for the people in Ukraine too.

Looks like yesterday was a tough day for Russian forces

I can't help but think special operation forces from NATO may be operating to stop or slow down the taking of certain strategic places by Russia. It also looks like the Ukrainian side is successfully exploiting Russia's objective of not causing civilian damage by essentially drawing Russia into close quarter gun fights in or near residential areas where Russian soldiers can't receive air or artillery support.
Let's compare how the military operation of the RF Armed Forces is now carried out and how similar operations are carried out by the United States.
A typical tactic of the US Armed Forces is to systematically bomb all structures, including civilian ones, during the week, clearing them as much as possible in order to protect their infantry.
How do the Voyka of the Russian Federation act? The airfields were destroyed and the next day the infantry enters, taking risks, falling into ambushes, and dying.
Why it happens? Because the Ukrainian and Russian people are one. Russia needs a living Ukraine when it's all over. For this, the Russian army sacrifices its soldiers in order to ensure that as many Ukrainian soldiers as possible remain alive.

(Dio Mio) :umm:

Zelensky appeals to EU for immediate membership

IMAGE 2022-02-28 10:51:26.jpg

RT news writes
"President Vladimir Zelensky has appealed to the EU for immediate membership under a new special procedure in a speech made this morning, ahead of talks between Russian and Ukrainian delegations. He also confirmed reports that prisoners with real military experience had been released to join Ukrainian forces". Source: RT News via Telegram.

Can a Dutch member check this out:

Did Rutte actually say that?

If anything pops up that he (prime minister or she (deputy prime minister said what is quoted in the tweet I will post it here. Or something similar.
Regarding "is the price to pay", Rutte did say during the parliamentary debate on Ukraine (today):

"This is not a time for wavering and restraint, but for determination and united action," Rutte said at the start of the parliamentary debate.

The Prime Minister has a clear message: the economy is in second place. "We have to recognize that this war cannot remain without economic consequences. But if that is the price of our security, we must be prepared to pay that price," said Rutte. The government will do everything it can to mitigate these economic consequences.
(Source, in Dutch)

Another source quotes it as:

"Those economic consequences are there. But if that is the price for security and freedom, we must be willing to pay that price. As a cabinet, we will do everything possible to limit the economic consequences.”

A Ukrainian Nazi Party ('Svoboda') spokesman claims in the following footage from a talk he gave (some time in the recent past):

"The West is arming us because it likes that we enjoy killing people - We started this war - When the West breaks Russia into smaller countries, Ukraine will become the regional superpower - EuroMaidan would've been a gay parade if not for us."
Delusions of grandeur, but his candid comments also highlight the real and present danger facing Russia via Nazis in Ukraine.

I thought the same about western special forces may be operating undercover within Ukraine.

Back
Top Bottom