Ultra Simple Diet

Hello,

just wanted to check if eating avocado and watermelon is OK during the ultrasimple diet?

Carcosa said:
Hello,

just wanted to check if eating avocado and watermelon is OK during the ultrasimple diet?

I can't find a reference to either in Laura's modified form of the diet or the Ultra simple diet book. Based on this, I would say no to both. I may be missing something, but this is what I am finding.

FWIW,

gwb

We'll have to wait for Psyche to check in on this one. I, personally, don't see anything wrong with avocado, but maybe there is some reason to exclude it from the Ultra-simple diet which you only do for a couple weeks anyway before you start adding other stuff one thing at a time.

Carcosa said:
Hello,

Funny -- I was thinking about those *exact two things* today!!! I was also wondering about onions. Apparently they do have some of the benefits of garlic.

3D Resident said:
Carcosa said:
Hello,

Funny -- I was thinking about those *exact two things* today!!!

Cool :D
I made a quick search and avocado is OK in the anti-candida diet and is a good source of Omega 3. But let's see what Pysche says.

I was also wondering about onions. Apparently they do have some of the benefits of garlic.

Yeah, apparently, and both are allowed in the Ultrasimple diet (and I believe the C's said garlic was berry, berry good :P).

Wiki said:
Wide-ranging claims have been made for the effectiveness of onions against conditions ranging from the common cold to heart disease, diabetes, osteoporosis, and other diseases.[8] They contain chemical compounds believed to have anti-inflammatory, anticholesterol, anticancer, and antioxidant properties such as quercetin. However, it has not been conclusively demonstrated that increased consumption of onions is directly linked to health benefits. Some studies have shown that increased consumption of onions reduces the risk of head and neck cancers.[9] In India some sects do not eat onion due to its alleged aphrodisiac properties.[10]
In many parts of the world, onions are used to heal blisters and boils. A traditional Maltese remedy for sea urchin wounds is to tie half a baked onion to the afflicted area overnight. In the United States, products that contain onion extract are used in the treatment of topical scars; some studies have found their action to be ineffective,[11][12][13] while others found that they may act as an anti-inflammatory or bacteriostatic[14] and can improve collagen organization in rabbits.[15]
Onions may be especially beneficial for women,[16] who are at increased risk for osteoporosis as they go through menopause, by destroying osteoclasts so that they do not break down bone.
An American chemist has stated[17] that the pleiomeric chemicals in onions have the potential to alleviate or prevent sore throat.

Hello! I don't recall reading avocados in the foods to avoid and there are good reasons explained for all the foods to avoid. Don't recall reading it in the recipes and recommended foods either, but there is no reason to avoid them.

Onions are included. Watermelon is way too sugary. If you're doing an anti-candida plan, watermelon is discouraged :/ All citrus foods are discouraged in the Ultra Simple diet because some people are allergic to them. Lemons are allowed, which I'm allergic BTW, but I'm allergic to a LOT of stuff. Berries are allowed too and other fruits like pears and apples, and bananas, but they are restricted in amounts.

gwb said:
HI All,

I also have a question about the use of Flax and Borage Oil, combined for their beneficial effects. I could not find anything negative in my research, but the cost is very high. It is very hard to find in the oil form suggested for use. Any thoughts about this, is it worth the extra cost?
gwb

In case you can't find the flax oil at a feed store,( I've only found flax meal here) I've just come across a place that sells organic high lignan flax oil that uses the same process as Barlean's flax oil. (bio-electron process to protect against heat, oxygen and light) I ordered it four days ago and it's already here, so service was great, and they didn't charge for shipping since I bought four bottles. I'm going to freeze the other bottles, it should keep for about six months from what I've read about freezing the oil. The cost was $18.87 per 32 oz bottle, which is about half of what Barlean's or Spectrum costs. The site is www.bionatures.com

It's a US site btw.

Incognito,

Thanks for the source you listed. I have found a local source for Flax oil and it is a pretty good deal cost wise. I do appreciate your offering a alternative for me.

Thanks again,

Gwb

I always put it in my shake. Nowadays this is the shake recipe:

1 cup rice milk
2 scoops rice protein powder
1 scoop vitamin c powder
1 scoop L-Tyrosine
1 scoop L-Arginine
1 scoop MSM
1 scoop L-Glutamine
1/4 cup flax seeds
1/4 cup flax seed oil
1 banana
3/4 cup of frozen blueberries or blackberries
Couple spoons of xylitol

Blend and drink for breakfast or lunch

Thanks so much Laura, I just started reading the book, took the tests and my brain is barely working. I knew it was bad, but didn't realize the extent of vitamin and mineral depletion. :O Almost zero protein in my diet as well. Soooo....... off to the store to get what I don't have for the shake.

FYI for anyone looking for rice protein. (US)
Since I'm always trying to save money, I found a less expensive Brown rice protein source(non-gmo) from Jarrow for $7.29 a pound. (less expensive than the health food stores around here anyway)

I'm making the ultra broth today.

I was wondering how much peeling and chopping is necessary?

I cut my onions in half and took the outer layer of brown skin off. I peeled my butternut squash and cut it into chunks. I didn't peel my carrots, just cut them into chunks too.

T.C. said:
I'm making the ultra broth today.

I was wondering how much peeling and chopping is necessary?
We peel and cut everything in big chunks.

Back
Top Bottom