Session 20 June 2009

Aragorn said:
In my experience and opinion there's a lot more to the numbness and muscle contractions than this scientific explanation; it is a crucial part of "diving" into your past and traumas that reside in your body (body memory). And I DON'T feel that one should try to "make them go away with practice", as the article suggests. The "side effects" will probably go away once you don't have any more traumas in store, when you are "done crying". Guess that means that it will never end ;)

I've "found" many suppressed traumatic memories when letting the numbness and spasms "do their thing" and following where they lead me. For example: For a long time I had spasms in my face (while doing the "bioenergetic breathing") - the face muscles contracted very powerfully in one particularly weird expression of some sort of horror (that almost hurt). On one "session" I then finally identified the feeling that was behind this facial expression - and whoa! That was a painful memory and I cried a lot, but when it was over I felt "I'm done with that memory, it will not haunt me any more".

So I feel that one must decide: "What ever happens let it happen. The only way out is THROUGH".

It just hit me, that I've been irresponsible giving advice (see quote above) relating to "body therapy"/"bioenergetic" exercises. I'm not a qualified teacher in this field. Now, what I'm describing above is results of working (going to therapy sessions that is) almost two years with an expert of bioenergetics with over twenty years of experience. Somewhere along the line he "gave me permission" to do certain exercises like "round" breathing, body movements combined with breathing on my own with SPECIFIC instructions that where "designed" to my particular "situation". Later on he has given me more tools to work with on my own.

So my advice of "What ever happens let it happen" is WRONG! I would advice not to experiment with "heavy duty" breathing exercises especially when alone at home; there can be very powerful reactions e.g. feelings of choking (I've had that a few times-very scaring!), spinning and hearing things. I'd recommend to get a "check up" with an expert before starting to do too much. Well, experts in this field can be hard to find, but if you "throw out the question" (like I did) you'll probably find someone.

One other thing. This therapist and teacher of mine combines reiki and bionergetics-very effective! He sort of "tailors" the treatment according to the traumas/problems and wishes of the patient. Now, I've taken the first two reiki courses with him. In the reiki-2 course we learned something called 'kami mizu'. It's a technique of the 'Usui Reiki Ryoho'-tradition where one clears/calms the mind with the use of concentrating the energy in the fingertips and directing/pushing the breathing (deep diaphragmatic breathing) in to certain points of the skull of the patient (or self). Which reminded me of this:

Evolutionary1 said:
Wow. I have been reading and integrating a lot of Laura's work with the Cassies for a while now, but today I feel very compelled to share some information I've recently received that resonates with the discussion on "breath" and "life." I am a massage therapist and have been using Reiki for a few years now, and if I am committed to anything, I am committed to healing, integration, becoming whole physically, mentally, and spiritually, and so I am constantly seeking more efficient ways to do this.
Recently, I came across a website, QuantumTouch.com. According to this site, Quantum Touch is a energy healing modality, quite like Reiki, that utilizes breath and body awareness to resonate the practitioner to a higher frequency of Chi, Prana, Ki, Life-Force Energy, Love, Gravity ;), call it what you will. So, theoretically, through touch, the higher energy of the practitioner entrains the energy of the receiver so that they, the receiver, can utilize the energy to heal themselves of various conditions at a quantum level that would allow bones to literally realign themselves, chronic pain to leave, and much more. Anyway! If you have bared with me for this long, please read on because the best part of this story is that I decided to try it out! Now, having a very open mind to the infinite potential within all, I considered that the pictures on the website of severely curved spines that had realigned themselves in as little as one session might be the real deal since, theoretically, it made sense. Workshops and videos are offered, and the claim was that anyone, even children, can learn it easily. So being a reader, and having a healthy amount of skepticism, I chose the cheaper "learn by book" option.
So, I got the book in the mail, and though I had massages to do that day, I was able to take about 20 minutes to learn the breathing and body awareness techniques. In my first session, I was able to release VERY persistent knots and ease pain in tender areas by breathing into them. For any bodyworker, and the person with a big-ass persistent knot, this is revolutionary! Over the past week, since using Quantum touch ( I still use the Reiki symbols as well) I have been able to effortlessly relieve pain and tension knots that I normally have to struggle to release. My thumbs are much happier, and my clients are as well. I have not worked on anyone with spinal curvature yet, but I have experienced almost instant pain relief, a knee popping into place beneath a light touch, an elevated shoulder depressing, relieved menstrual cramps from running energy through a foot, and a few emotional releases as well. Each session is unique, and I look forward to my clients' issues with an openness to possibility and an acceptance that they and their body makes the choice of how to utilize the energy. This work can be a perfect expression of service to others (and, naturally, self) while honoring free will. And since the practitioner is allowing herself to be filled to overflowing with this energy, she, by healing, is healed. The idea is that all healing is ultimately self-healing, and this seems to be true on very many levels, if we remember that all is one.
Beyond the amazing physical benefits, the body awareness and breathing have brought a newfound sense of presence and magic into my life. I am more able to allow and receive what I need knowing that I am always a breath away from remembering myself and reconnecting to love, knowledge, and potential. I am not familiar with the art of living techniques, but am already incorporating the "ba-ha" method into my energy work and found that the energy flow feels more effortless. I believe that the Cassies have made it clear that integrating ourselves and reconnecting are essential to our expansion and I would recommend learning Quantum Touch to everyone, not just those who would like to do healing work for others. It is an excellent way to do self healing, chakra balancing, and emotional balancing. I give it to my food, water, pets, anything I love or consume. The possibilities are endless. I will be sure to post any miraculous experiences in my work as they come along, and I look forward to taking an Art of Living course soon, as well.
Thank you so much to Laura, Ark, and Company for your mind-blowing investment of time and energy towards illuminating those seeking the light. The synchronicity I experienced while reading the sessions on breathing after spending the morning working with the breath and affirmations was absolutely cosmic. Learning is fun.

Now I'm not saying that 'Evolutionary1' is not qualified to try this, I wouldn't know. But I do remember that this teacher of mine especially pointed out that the 'kami mizu' technique should not in any way be tried or experimented with on any other parts of the body (apart from those given at the skull). He said that it is very dangerous to do experimenting with directing breathing energy through the fingertips at random points on the body, and that you need many years of training to even consider "combining " and "improvising" things like this.

So, all I'm saying that we all should be careful when doing "body therapy" on our own. I've all ready signed up for a longer course in bionergetics and body therapy with this teacher I've mentioned, starting in September. My goal is to know and learn all I can about this stuff, so maybe one day I WILL be qualified to give some advice.

Buddy said:
Relating to the idea of cooperative systems (ecosystems and people working together as a team)...

Buddy, and mr. Premise:
I think I would be interested if you could make a thread to collect some of the research you have done into the matter of ecosystems. Even if we cannot practically implement the system, I think info such as this can serve to expose the poorness of our largely pathological use of our resources, when we see clearly better alternatives. Any pushing back the veil of illusion and ignorance possibly raises FRV, if I may say so, in my opinion.
-Breton-

Buddy wrote:
Relating to the idea of cooperative systems (ecosystems and people working together as a team), I thought I'd mention that I'm looking into that very subject at the moment. In the book I'm reading, "The Fifth Discipline", Peter Senge seems to have collected a number of archetypical deep structure patterns that occur frequently in human life. The ability to discern these patterns in everyday situations seems to come from the willingness to shift your way of viewing by seeing in "wholes" - whole systems. I thought I'd post a summary of it when I'm done if anyone thinks they might find the information useful.

Yes Buddy, I think it would be useful, as is your work on re-wiring our brains and psyche's. Thank you.

seek10 wrote:
I was also a student of Yogananda's SRF ( only couple of years ) , though I decided to not to go through the kriya yoga. When intense emotional stuff came up in the meditation, I called the SRF monks, which they asked me to ignore until the end of the meditation for divine help in the form of prayer . This confused/clash of thoughts me to the point I became irregular and inconsistent.
I was guessing that what Gurdjeff's saying 3 levels of development/centers ( physical , mental and emotional levels ) seems to applyhere. what I mean is Budhist monk's meditation of mindless meditation is for emotional center only , yogananda's SRF kriya yoga/ Hong-Sau techniques are for intellectual center etc. Probably the 4th way meditation techniques ( if any exist ) will integrate all the three centers. of course the " Big 4" is the critical to making this happen to the emotional center.

My guess is that the emotional blockage problem is one that has been created by/for our modern world, a relatively new and nasty form of control put in place be our STS masters. In any case, the ancient Eastern spiritual practices don't seem deal with this at all, making them poorly suited for us modern westerners.

Breton said:
Buddy, and mr. Premise:
I think I would be interested if you could make a thread to collect some of the research you have done into the matter of ecosystems.

Hi Breton. I think that's a great idea. At the moment, I don't have much to offer as my area of focus is on pattern recognition, but I will contribute anything I can find. A thread that may be useful for this purpose is here.

Laura said:
That's what I see from where I sit right now. United we stand, divided we fall. All for One and One for All.

The most beautiful sentence, maybe together, we will become the reality of the Future...

Thank you for the latest session Laura & team, I read the session several times in the hopes of trying to understand all the nuances and deeper meanings :)

The C's mention that these breathing exercises and prayer 'accelerate' the growth for those on 'the way'. It would be great if those who has traveled a fair bit along 'the way' as defined by mouravieff, share their experiences, about how these techniques are working to accelerate growth for them.

It would be very inspirational for those just starting on the path, like me, and would help to know more about what to do and not to do.

Thank you again.

Gimpy said:
This is an invaluable help in dealing with fractured thinking: it lays bare the fear of 'losing one's self' that the predator likes to slap you with. I think its one of the main fears it uses, that in opening yourself to the Universal Mind, you will be subsumed and cease to exist, which makes clear the lack of understanding of sharing or cooperating, colinearity that sustains the Universe and All.

The predator has a great fear of the unknown, and it does not like this kind of Openness to All that Is.

I understand very well what you and others have shared in this regard. I had this fear of loosing of myself in the pitch dark of the universe myself. From my (wounded and pathologically infused) perspective, the universe appeared inhospitable, threatening. So i decided to get to know the universe as it is, putting aside the deformed lenses. And i saw it all beautiful, full of colors, light and darkness just the same, where cosmoses are created and evolve and transmute all the time.

And about that time, in the Wave, book 6, pg 170, i read this:

Linda Howe writes:

An Air force intelligence officer once told me about an elderly colleague, a Colonel, who supposedly spent time with an extraterrestrial biological entity retrieved from a crashed silver disc in New Mexico. The Colonel said that the being explained telepathically that this is not the only universe. He said "imagine a large island of white sand and that each sand grain is a different universe separated from the others by an electronic membrane. And surrounding the island is a cold dark sea."

I asked the intelligence officer what the dark sea was and he answered, "You don't want to know, it would change you forever".

Now, this may seem "upsetting" to hear, but one has to consider the perspective of the "intelligence" conveying this information. If we take as a given what the C's said about the STS perspective, that they "worship the physical universe," then we understand that the "cold dark sea" perceived by the being is not "non-delimited consciousness", and, to them IT IS SCARY! Unlimited creative potential! Pure Creative Consciousness. And this is how they view it... as a "cold dark sea".

Predators mind indeed.

Thank you Laura for post 209, it will help me a great deal in enabling me to fully participate, co-linearly, in the forum. Yet how?
Through life I have never admitted to needing help, I have been self-contained, self-reliant, doing my own thing in my own way, making my own decisions and keeping myself to myself. I’ve managed my own mental self-cleaning (limiting decisions) as and when they have arisen. Although a loner, I have always endeavoured to share and help, acting as an enabler to help others develop. For a number of years, networking has taken a back seat. In the recent past, guided by the Cassiopaea pages I’ve applied the material to myself, testing it through living it where possible for understanding, thus verifying the material for myself to make my own interpretations. However, this reflection takes time. Trusting other people has been a compounding problem – the word ‘hiding’ resonated with me, as a key part of my Chief Feature, and probably imprinted at a very early age.
To date, my participation has been one-sided, gaining greatly from the information presented in the various posts here, and putting it into practice, reading the ever-growing list of recommended books; it is almost as if I am continually catching up, rather than participating pro-actively. To quote your text –
… we are being challenged to become “new beings” that can evolutionarily adapt to this changing situation.
I guess that’s where I’m at, adapting from my previous life experience in this lifetime. Also, I can empathise with Woodsman and Laura’s reply, particularly the highlighted quote –
”Yes, going it alone is a drag, isn’t it? After all, that IS the STS method of working – contraction and shrinking even if they think they are expanding their realm.
In my case, thinking I was expanding my understanding. And quote –
… something in you is really afraid!
This is something that I am currently working on through hypnotherapy. As an aside I am grateful to Galaxia2002 for her post relating to Ch 14 of Bringers of the Dawn, and bringing it to my attention; by coincidence I read the following quote on the morning of a recent hypnotherapy session.
What is coming up now are the things that originally blocked you from perceiving reality. There are parts of your emotional body in which the highway system was severed and the information could not flow, so you moved into pain and translated the emotional pain out of your physical body. …
This ‘severing’ formed the regression work of the session, where I was in the presence of what looked like the Mekon. (The Mekon is the ruler of the Treens in the Eagle comic, the comic-strip stories of Dan Dare. Reference Wikipedia: Treens are green-skinned reptilian humanoids from the northern hemisphere of the planet Venus)
Returning to the how of participating co-linearly, it is by your (Laura) reference to Surowiecki’s book ‘The Wisdom of a Crowd’ (yet another to add to the reading list). I am heartened by the suggestion of accepting multiple viewpoints as perceptions and as observations of what really seems to work. Whether what I contribute is of what is REAL “out there”, anything that I do contribute for sharing is put up as an ‘Aunt Sally’ happily for shooting down to move understanding forward, or for people to take from the posting what they can.
Laura, your role as “Big Sister” (I never had one) or “trail blazer” is greatly appreciated. I guess I’m still seeking for my role in this forum, or to quote Red Fox earlier -
to contribute in some way at some time. … in way of thanks for all that she and everyone else has done/is doing/will do.

Buddy

I found Senge’s Fifth Discipline, and pattern recognitions, very helpful when I was doing breakthrough coaching; working with middle managers who were destined for the scrap heap – my working with them was the equivalent of the ‘last-chance saloon’. Interestingly in that work, the truth of the psychotherapist’s rule – the complainer is the one with e perceived problem. In nearly all the work that I did the perceived problem could be traced back to the supervisor who was ‘having a problem with the person’. In fact, I always worked on whatever the person (coachee) wanted to work on.

In particular, in Senge’s book, I made great use of Bohm’s dialogue; Chris Argyris’ defensive routines, his process of balancing inquiry with advocacy; the concept of openness – integrating reason and intuition; reflective openness – a willingness to challenge one’s own thinking; and recognizing the gap between what we say (espoused theory) and theories-in-use (the theories behind our actions). I no longer have the book, only notes, highlighted photocopies of relevant pages, and Word documents of extracts that I used in various other occasions. I have a long-term interest and on-going research project, it seems permanently on the back-burner, looking into the theoretical and practical sides of developing community – based on such works as Scott Peck’s The Different Drum (T Groups), the above work in Senge’s book, Team-building and various other sources that are non-T group based.

In the first place i want to say: Tanks !! for sharing with us this information.

I have been making questions along all my life and i discovered the cassiopaeans experiment few days ago, i can't stop reading for these days.

If i can---> read/sleep it's all i do.

I want to share with all of you my own experiences, but i don't know how i'm going to do that in spite of my atrophied english, because i have too much to write and i have to review it.

In order to explain my opinion about our physical life, i believe that a cataclysm or what ever will happen doesn't matter at all because we are not our body, we are who control this body.

The body is a car and we are the drivers, so all the people who suffer from what can happen, just say to worry about its spirit which is what really matters.

Respect to the meditation I will try to do that, but I am eager to learn more about reiki, shamanism, and anything else that I can enrich esoteric but I think it is too do it all at once xd

Sorry for my English and my expressive deficiency.

Hello to all,

I am having trouble following this thread. It seems the replies have gone way off the main topic. Maybe we should have some sub-threads that address the concerns and questions that have splintered as a result of the June 20th C's session. Obviously and respectfully, it has provoked the objective thought processes of many of us and that is good. However, I could follow and respond in a more specific and timely fashion if the thread was more specific. Maybe the Moderators could facilitate this. I just have trouble wading through it all and that does not mean I am not sensitive to the very important comments and replies. My eyes just get tired of reading all with the intent of giving some meaningful objective feedback.

lara4unow said:
Hello to all,

I am having trouble following this thread. It seems the replies have gone way off the main topic. Maybe we should have some sub-threads that address the concerns and questions that have splintered as a result of the June 20th C's session. Obviously and respectfully, it has provoked the objective thought processes of many of us and that is good. However, I could follow and respond in a more specific and timely fashion if the thread was more specific. Maybe the Moderators could facilitate this. I just have trouble wading through it all and that does not mean I am not sensitive to the very important comments and replies. My eyes just get tired of reading all with the intent of giving some meaningful objective feedback.

Hi lara4unow, it seems to me that if you'd like to respond to anything in this thread, it is simple enough to quote the specific post and respond. Yes, there are posts in the thread that have wandered off-topic, but organically so. It's certainly possible to split certain topics off and that might very well take place for clarification, but at this point, you seem to be suggesting an action to have the thread meet your needs - as opposed to simply responding to the posts that have caught your interest. In other words, if you'd like to respond to something, perhaps it would best to just do that. fwiw.

lara4unow said:
Hello to all,

I had a smiler feeling (since it has developed to 16 pages already!).

At least for me, I would appreciate to have a thread where we can study the "objective" meaning of "The Prayer of the Soul":
Laura said:
Oh Divine Cosmic Mind
Holy Awareness in All Creation
Carried in the heart
Ruler of the mind
Savior of the Soul
Live in me today
Be my Daily Bread
As I give bread to others
Help me grow in knowledge
Of All Creation
Clear my eyes
That I may See
Clear my ears
That I may hear
Cleanse my heart
That I may know and love
The Holiness of True Existence
Divine Cosmic Mind

I tried to memorize it and start using it for mediation.
But I stop where my understanding is not clear... :-[

For example,
  • "See" starts with capital letter but not "hear" WHY?
  • Is "Daily Bread" means "Knowledge"? Or I am missing something to read, which must be clear for everybody here?
  • When I say "Ruler of the mind", I inevitably associate "Predator's Mind"...
and so on... it may sound silly but this is my honest observations and questions. :-[

I can create a new thread for this if it is proper to others also but I don't know which category it should belong to.
Any suggestions?

Back
Top Bottom