Session 09 June 2009

Very informative session. I have actually decided to go ahead and enrol for the art of living course.

Thank you Laura!

Sid said:
Very informative session. I have actually decided to go ahead and enrol for the art of living course.

Hi Sid,

It's a good idea to read the entire thread rather than just the first page before deciding to anything.

Laura said:
Balberon said:
Hi shellycheval,

Not to put words into Laura's mouth but I think it was in reference to the Sri Sri guy..

Let me understand this: Shankar actually believes that terrorism is due to too much freedom and that there is "an urgent need for putting a limit to such liberty by the government in the best interest of the country" ?????

Let me urge all of you to read L. Fletcher Prouty's books: "JFK" and "The Secret Team".

..and his belief that the War on Terror (now called 'something like' OCO - Overseas Contingency Operation(s)?) is something real, instead of made up by Western Govenment(s) to dominate and control other countries, peoples, nations. Further, I think it was in response to this post
http://www.cassiopaea.org/forum/index.php?topic=12634.msg90638#msg90638 by thorbiorn which had an article link entitled: Sri Ravi Shankar calls to fight terrorism. Hope it helps, apologies if I'm misleading and/or putting words in your mouth Laura.

Nope, you got it. But it is also sorta as Shelleycheval thought - that ya'll NEED this information to know how the CIA and related spooks create and/or infiltrate organizations. You'll never look at the news the same way again. I would suggest that everyone needs to read these books and then we'll know what we are up against. Not going to say more than that at present.

I've ordered "Secret Team", but not the one on JFK. Had to pick one and that one seemed to have the 'most bang for the buck', what you think, having read it?

JFK isn't a key with me. :-[

Gwelan (too) said:
Well, I hope I won't be too much out of the subject but while I was reading all that has been written about breathing, I was permanently thinking about Smoking.

Mentioning tobacco got me thinking if there could be any connection with smoking and taking deep controlled breaths? Being a non-smoker myself I can't really say, but if your standard breathing is shallow, perhaps going for a cigarette would temporarily break out of this mode, allowing you to take deep breaths while you inhale, and therefore giving an additional "benefit"?

Anyway a very interesting thread and rich session, so I thank you for that! I could mention a dream I had recently perhaps tying into this. I have been partly involved with a group practicing something that could be described as an offshoot of TM. While the (meditation)techniques themselves might be moderately useful reducing stress and so on, I don't subscribe to all the "hype" that some people attach to it. However the present teacher seems to be quite sincere and open to different views, so I don't have a problem there. Now the other day I dreamed we where in a room doing practices, and basically I couldn't breathe. I eventually had to leave because I felt I was suffocating. After that I woke up, and shortly afterward stumbled upon this thread reading about breathing exercises. Already signed up for an AoL course, but will now postpone it until the next 'session'.

[quote author=Laura] [quote author=Lucas]
There is no AOL in Poland ( but as Laura Says we must wait to check them. ).
I will wait for instruction video how to learn "Pranayama" breathing , and at this point i will try to do it as on youtube and C'S says.

Is there someone who want to practice it IN Poland ?

maybe we can meet together ( not only in Poland but make other groups in other country ? ) and learn this "Pranayama" breathing and practice ? .

Why Psychopaths have All $ and Control governments etc. ... They us their 101% of time to make STS Dream thure.
Then we can Go Out of ON-LINE and come together and practice This !.[/quote]

I agree that getting together to practice looks like a good idea but, again, let us get some more guidance and take things step by step. I've got a few things on my plate right now, but we ought to be having another session on Friday or Saturday and we'll try to get it to ya'll by the first of next week. I'll also try to get enough rest so that my energy will hold out for a longer session so we can get more done.

After all these years, I admit that I'm a little excited by the turn the Cs have taken. I'm also amazed to see how they DID plant all the seeds and clues for YEARS. I'm also amazed that they sure got SSRS pegged and Thorbiorn found the article showing how he is just another facet of the control system even if the breathing technique could have been used so much more effectively and for the good of humanity.

All in all, so far it really has been a "smashing" year! [/quote]

Yes, I would like to practice "Pranayama" breathing with a group. The probability of making mistakes that way is far less than when you doing it alone. Moreover from above posts and given sources it's pretty clear that wrong breathing is dangerous. I agree that we should wait for more guidance.
As it is now, I won't be able to take part in group sessions till end of september (if any group emerge that is), which give me some time to learn more about it, and also time to find suitable Reiki master here in Poland.

Mountain Crown said:
Has anyone else observed a change in their breathing when self remembering? Any comments on whether or not this is significant?

I am sure I remember that Carlos Castaneda mentions a breathing technique when he discusses recapitulation. I don't have the books to hand as we have moved and I haven't found them yet.

From memory it was to do with a breathing technique where you turned the head from one side to the other as you inhaled and exhaled whilst self remembering.

I am sorry I can't be more specific, perhaps somebody else here on the forum has the books to hand and could give more detail?

slowone said:
I am sorry I can't be more specific, perhaps somebody else here on the forum has the books to hand and could give more detail?

http://www.cassiopaea.org/forum/index.php?topic=11288.msg79830#msg79830

Florinda told Castaneda that recapitulation often began with a list of items to be recalled. One then proceeded to work through the list one item at a time staying with the item until all of the emotions around the event had been felt. The recapitulation was done with the breath. While recalling the event, one inhaled slowly, moved their head from the right shoulder to the left. The next breath moved from left to right and was an exhalation. The purpose of the breath was to restore energy. When breathing from right to left one would "pick up the filaments they left behind" and when breathing from left to right they would "eject filaments left in them by other luminous bodies involved in the event being recollected."

RedFox said:
Florinda told Castaneda that recapitulation often began with a list of items to be recalled. One then proceeded to work through the list one item at a time staying with the item until all of the emotions around the event had been felt. The recapitulation was done with the breath. While recalling the event, one inhaled slowly, moved their head from the right shoulder to the left. The next breath moved from left to right and was an exhalation. The purpose of the breath was to restore energy. When breathing from right to left one would "pick up the filaments they left behind" and when breathing from left to right they would "eject filaments left in them by other luminous bodies involved in the event being recollected."

Thanks for finding that.

I Know that when I remember something I found stressful my breathing seems to change to the more rapid breathing that I adopt when the event actually happened. I haven't noticed more subtle changes but I am very much a beginner when it comes to Self-remembering. It will be interesting to see if there are breathing techniques specifically beneficial for Self-remembering.

Mountain Crown said:
Has anyone else observed a change in their breathing when self remembering? Any comments on whether or not this is significant?

When I self remember my breath becomes stronger, slower, more full and more definitely from the belly (I'm normally a belly breather anyway). When self remembering the belly expands strongly and fills with breath, and sometimes – not on every breath – leads to a ‘complete breath’, that is, filling the belly, then the chest, then raising the shoulders to completely fill the lungs. Conversely, I find that a deep breath helps to bring me to myself. It suggests that the quality or depth of breathing is related to being present and remembering myself. Significance seems to be that breath and self remembering are intimately connected and they influence each other.

webglider said:
I wonder if humor, then, is another important clue.

If so, I have an exercise that I learned in clown school which is really easy and fun to do.

You need from five to seven people who seat themselves in a row. If there are more people, they can be the audience. One person at an end of the row begins to laugh softly. After a moment of this, the second person joins in the laughter and then slightly intensifies it. The third person does the same, then the fourth and so on.

By the time the last person joins in, the line is completely out of control. People are literally rolling on the floor. It's amazing how the body just takes over, and does not want to stop laughing.

We did this exercise in front of the other students in clown class, and they started laughing. Soon the whole room was completely hysterical, and the laughter went on for a very long time. In fact, it was almost impossible to stop laughing once it reached a certain intensity.

Even if people tried to stop, they couldn't. I mean, imagine a whole room of wanna-be-clowns in a room laughing at nothing. It was completely ridiculous.

But when I finally was able to stop, I felt completely relaxed and at peace. The world seemed different. Then our clown instructor made us compare how we felt before and after. The difference in the level of stress was very apparent.

He also made the point that most people are walking around stressed out like that all the time. So I don't know if laughter opens windows of consciousness, but I do know that it is a great way to release stress and instill a Positive Mental Attitude.

It also helps one to be in the moment. I mean when you're laughing hysterically, rolling on the floor, and gasping for breath, it's really hard for the ego to take over.

Webglider, I was reminded of this post of yours today.

This morning Leslie (my cousin and housemate) and I were sitting in our livingroom, doing what we always do at that time of the day: Me, trying to wake up and prepare for the day; she (who works nights), trying to wind down from a difficult nursing shift, and relax sufficiently to go to sleep. Leslie complained a few times that she was having trouble relaxing because of a headache, as well as arthritic pain in her legs and hands.

Anyways, we got talking about this and that, and something prompted me to start telling her some funny stories. It isn't hard for me to make her laugh (believe it or not, I can be VERY funny), but this time I got her laughing hysterically, rolling around on the couch, gasping for breath. This went on for about 15 minutes, and then I started to get ready to take the dogs out for their morning romp. Just before I left the house, Leslie told me she was going to bed, as she now felt "incredibly relaxed". She also reported that her headache and arthritic pain had completely disappeared, which she attributed to having a good laugh.

Of course, it's a fact that laughing increases endorphins and other "feel good" chemicals (see LINK), but it still amazes me how FAST it works. (Note to self: Watch more funny movies....)

It seems that all this Art of Living subject is linked to some good practises/exercises that came from Yoga, am i correct?
Apart from the question that was asked to the C's about the ancient Vedic knowledge being discovered, were they ever questioned about Yoga in particular, what is lost from that ancient tradition in contrast with what is tough in the west nowadays, or what is the best "kind" of Yoga?

mada85 said:
Mountain Crown said:

When I self remember my breath becomes stronger, slower, more full and more definitely from the belly (I'm normally a belly breather anyway). When self remembering the belly expands strongly and fills with breath, and sometimes – not on every breath – leads to a ‘complete breath’, that is, filling the belly, then the chest, then raising the shoulders to completely fill the lungs. Conversely, I find that a deep breath helps to bring me to myself. It suggests that the quality or depth of breathing is related to being present and remembering myself. Significance seems to be that breath and self remembering are intimately connected and they influence each other.

This almost sounds like the breathing I do when I have a deep reflective cigarette.

I'm sure another reason smoking is such a bugaboo in today's society, as it promotes an almost meditative breathing.

Jeff P said:
I am following Vivekananda's pranayama exercises as he writes about in 'Raja Yoga'

It's in the public domain. You can find a copy of it here: _http://www.scribd.com/doc/3009555/Vivekananda-Raja-Yoga

Thank you for the link, After checking it out I looked for and found a copy from the peer to peer networks.

He says an interesting thing at the beginning of chapter III on Prana.

"PRANAYAMA is not, as many think, something about the
breath; breath, indeed, has very little to do with it, if
anything. Breathing is only one of the many exercises
through which we get to the real Pranayamai
."

So Yogi breathing is but one of many methods of accessing REAL prana.

Stones/rock will sing when sculptured according to the C's in the list of clues.

And I agree with Laura in "High Strangeness" that we should be focusing on an awareness of being the creative locus of God, as we live and do within the influence of our affinity with a Name Of God. - Divine thought centers.

It seems to me that we cannot act for ourselves except to align or choose non-being or Being, which leads me to grok that only God can sculpt, and the stones will sing only for the Christlike consciousness that we are but fragmented reflections of.

We therefore need partnership and networking of a non local order, in order to align the fragmented shards of the divine mirror, the Grail, and resonate in the song of All.

So when we enter the receptive state after Kriya - are we opened to Being or non-being? Will we sing from our clean flute the light of an objective consciousness or cry the lie of non-being. Will we be a separate self alone in the dark, like the small white dot on the black of a Yin and Yang symbol, or will we move to transcendence and relay the light that allows the vision of All.

But the receptive state may just be a small reward, just like the relief after sex, the bullet reaching its target before the shot is heard.

The idea of rising up the chakras mentioned in the clues, and the idea of accelerating the progress above and beyond the "work" using Kriya is interesting. Attainment of the final chakra in the series, is a condition of transcendent unity with the All.

Partners anyone?

jacksun said:
Partners anyone?

Hello Jacksun, welcome to the forum.

Please note that we appreciate new members posting a brief intro about themselves in the Newbies section. No need to share personal information, just give us a general sense of what led you to this forum, how long you've been reading it and/or the SOTT page, which of Laura's books you've read to date, etc.

:)

Laura said:
I agree that getting together to practice looks like a good idea but, again, let us get some more guidance and take things step by step. I've got a few things on my plate right now, but we ought to be having another session on Friday or Saturday and we'll try to get it to ya'll by the first of next week.

laura, I booked the class for June 22nd before you said 'WAIT' for couple of reasons, main one is well suited time and another they have $ 100 less , if we reserve before june 30th .

The fee for the course is $450 for adults and $250 for students and seniors. (Special Notice: Reduced tuition rates until June 30, 2009)

I appreciate if you can post quick sentence of 'Go ahead or not' on sunday, so that I can withdraw, if that is tooooo bad. My guess is C's will say in their usual terms of " if .. then ... else .. ". At this point, I feel like going ahead due to the blockage issues I am facing.

Back
Top Bottom