New Forum Layout Suprise!

N

noise

I like the change, kind of sucks to have your full name posted :mad:! Had to change that up quick. No more special handle's or what? :huh: Scuse the attitude but that was rather a shocker. Personally hate the moniker that comes with my nick but I do kind of like to enjoy my privacy so far as first and last names go.

Salutes!
(noise) :mad: Steve M. :scared:

Hey noise, you can change your display name:
http://www.cassiopaea.org/forum/index.php?topic=9176.msg66934#msg66934

Hi Shane!

Thanks, it seems I was able to remove the length of my last name so I'm actually kind of happy with my name and initial. Guess that makes me kind of an _hole :O for bringing it up. Mostly worried about privacy, but then, this is the internet, so none can be had to a degree. ;D Apologies for being a buttknucklehead, just kind of freaked me out.

Steve M. said:
Hi Shane!

Thanks, it seems I was able to remove the length of my last name so I'm actually kind of happy with my name and initial. Guess that makes me kind of an _hole :O for bringing it up. Mostly worried about privacy, but then, this is the internet, so none can be had to a degree. ;D Apologies for being a buttknucklehead, just kind of freaked me out.

Nothing like letting those horses run off at full speed... ;)

Steve M. said:
Hi Shane!

Well, this was an unfortunate side effect of the converting to the new format. But I figured everyone would catch their names quickly enough and change them, and most people didn't put their real names (or at least their full name) in anyway!

Mr. Scott said:
]Well, this was an unfortunate side effect of the converting to the new format. But I figured everyone would catch their names quickly enough and change them, and most people didn't put their real names (or at least their full name) in anyway!

Same thing happened to me. Not like anybody doesn't know my name, but it wasn't my forum user name. So I had to change it. There will prolly be a few bugs but nothing we can't handle. :cool2:

It seems email addresses might have become visible, so those that want it private, check it as hidden in the settings. I'm sure we receive enough processed meatmails as it is.

WOW, that was FAST!!! I see that the problem I pointed out (below) just a few minutes ago has already been fixed. Thank you!!!

Congrats to all who obviously worked so hard on the new format! Looks good!!!

A problem I noticed right away, though:

In old format, on the Index page under "Last Post" column, you used to be able to click on a link that immediately took you to the last message posted in a given thread. Now, there are two links: (1) the poster's name, which takes you to their Profile, and (2) the thread title, which takes you to the FIRST post made in that thread. You then have to scroll down and/or click on the last page of the thread in order to read the last message posted.

Is there any way that this problem might be addressed? Thanks.

Craig said:
It seems email addresses might have become visible, so those that want it private, check it as hidden in the settings. I'm sure we receive enough processed meatmails as it is.

Your e-mail address is not visible to guests - they must have an account on the forum. And then, as you noted, you can disable it.
If you enter a web site in your profile, that will be visible to guests.

Anart Wrote: Nothing like letting those horses run off at full speed... ;)

Hi Anart,

I actually only have 1 horse, ..with a lot of names. It's actually more like a pony, new born. :/ Glad I was in a nice meadow when letting it run off. Did I mention that my carriage is just the back half of an old used U-Haul flat bed trailer? :) Kind of caught in the middle. One hand holding the pony's tail and the other kind of pulling the trailer. Been kicked a few times. :lol:

Thanks again for the link Shane, it led me to a post by Domivir (sorry if the spelling is incorrect), that showed me how to specifically change the user name. What's really cool about it is the instructions still worked even under the new layout/format.

I just want to say WOW!!! This is sooooo cooool!!!

Thanks to all who participated to this great forum evolution. :)

Wow too. The Forum looks great. It's come a long way from way back when Laura had it as a guestbook entry back in 1999.

Awesome new look to the Forum! Love the quick buttons for bolding text and such. Great job techies :cool2:

PepperFritz said:
WOW, that was FAST!!! I see that the problem I pointed out (below) just a few minutes ago has already been fixed. Thank you!!!

Congrats to all who obviously worked so hard on the new format! Looks good!!!

A problem I noticed right away, though:

In old format, on the Index page under "Last Post" column, you used to be able to click on a link that immediately took you to the last message posted in a given thread. Now, there are two links: (1) the poster's name, which takes you to their Profile, and (2) the thread title, which takes you to the FIRST post made in that thread. You then have to scroll down and/or click on the last page of the thread in order to read the last message posted.

Is there any way that this problem might be addressed? Thanks.
Hi,

The last column just beside the name of the poster you will see a little enveloppe.

Click on that enveloppe and you will go to the last message of the thread.

Back
Top Bottom