Éiriú-Eolas - Breathing Program

Normally I’m a pretty deep sleeper and can’t remember my dreams but there has been a lot of dreaming activity going on inside me especially after doing the meditation/prayer. I think Gurdjieff said that our centers kinda disconnect from each other to recharge during sleep and that there might be ‘crosstalk’ between these centers while sleeping and, even though it might be more complicated then that, this is what may be one of those factors that can cause dreaming activity. I have noticed this, to be what I think is crosstalk between centers after doing the meditation/prayer, as if something in me is working out things between my subconscious mind and my everyday conscious mind. It seems to me that, to the degree to which my subconscious mind and my ‘everyday’ conscious mind are not connected in my everyday life, is the degree to which I might dream and my subconscious is trying to properly align the connections between my centers with itself.

While experiencing this ‘dreaming activity’ (even though I might not remember the dreams themselves), images and deeper feelings associated with the images seem to come into play and are juxtaposed in some strange way (that I don’t understand), but something in me seems to be being ‘figured out’ at some level, or so it seems.

There is a vague impression of feelings and images, maybe from the past, present, and maybe even the future that seem to connect in some way, seemingly in a certain patterned sequence, as if there is another space and time, a higher space and time (as it were) that exists at another level of reality from which, and within which, all these connections are made and thru which energies of different qualities flow and understanding, or flashes of understanding occur and many seemingly unrelated events are seen in relationship as one moment of instantaneous perception.

But when I come back into my everyday awareness then my understanding becomes more linear. What I think might have been seen in an instantaneous flash of perception in one state of consciousness now seems to become a ‘linear understanding’ in another state of consciousness where, although I already know the answer to my questions at one level, or at least it SEEMS that way, at another level I have to ‘figure it out,’ in time, to get to that same understanding. So in a way its like figuring out what I already know, but to already know it, I have to make connections at another level first, (maybe in the future).

Also, what have helped me to be consistent about doing the breathing program during the day is two things. One is I try to imagine that my life depends on doing the exercise, which helps to put me in touch with my instinct, and at the same time picturing or imagining that I’m already doing the breathing exercises the day before doing it. Actually it's more then 'picturing' doing it. It's putting myself into the imagined event as if I'm already there. It’s as if I'm already doing, body and soul, the exercise in my imagination. Then the next day, in reality, it’s easier to do the program since, in reality, I ‘step into my imagination’, and in my imagination it was already done.

Bohort said:
After the meditation, i had no pain and i felt that my arm had less tension. Sunday morning when i woke up, as surprising as it might seem, i was able to raise my arm and all the pain was gone.

Great news Bohort! I'm very happy to hear you are on the mend and the pain has diminished greatly. Sounds like you have a wise practitioner there too. Thanks for the update. :)

I'm glad to hear your arm is feeling better Bohort!

I have noticed that over the last couple of days my eyesight has improved significantly. I'm not sure if it is a coincidence but seems to coincide with awareness of projections and recognition of the inner Beloved.

Bohort said:
May i say that i find that quite amazing.

Thats very good news, congratulations! I was worried and thinking along similar lines, an energy blockage in your arm! :wow:

I'm not sure if these classify as 'body changes', I did have a tooth filling 'pop out', and have been passing kidney stones, recently. Although, on reflection, they are changes in the composition of the physical body.

Bohort said:
After the meditation, i had no pain and i felt that my arm had less tension. Sunday morning when i woke up, as surprising as it might seem, i was able to raise my arm and all the pain was gone.

That is amazing and great news!! Thanks for the update.

A quick note on my EE "experiment":
as I mentioned before I had not been as regular with the program. I had a feeling to try doing the full session for several days in sequence since the beginning of last week, so I have been doing it every day except yesterday, when I separated it into parts and overlapped it with my yoga class (ie, did the meditation during corpse pose, ujjai breathing throughout and I tried to count 6-3-9-3 throughout when I could remember!, or think ba-ha, we did the warrior's breath in class actually!).
I've been suffering from a malaise/lack of energy for a really long time, which I and my therapist think is due to depression. I'm in my late 20's and am in "good shape" at least looking at me, I can run/bike several miles if need be. Anyway, I've felt more motivated to do stuff, and have FINALLY been exercising more! I am going to keep trying to do the full program more than 2 times a week for a while. I'm wondering if it took doing it more often for it to produce some results as a large portion of what I do for a living (I play the trumpet) involves breathing and breathing exercises. It wouldn't explain the meditation part of course but perhaps some of the other stuff. Who knows, anyway I enjoy reading everyone's experiences here.

That is good news Bohort! I'm glad the pain is gone :)

I had a funny experience in the tram today, but I think it is just an experience, nothing else.

I was sitting in the tram next to another person, I was sitting at the window. In the past I didn't like to sit next to people, I usually sat down on one of those one-chairs. Anyways, I was listening to this song of Lifehouse (''easier to be''). And there was also this wind blowing in my face haha. So it all felt really good at that moment.

As I was listening, looking outside and feeling the presence of the people around me and outside, I felt this warm feeling that I've never felt before with strange people. Maybe I had in other certain moments, but today I was really feeling it. Or so I think.

I was feeling at home and I was seeing them as equals on some level. It didn't matter what I thought I know, it didn't matter that they are where they are. I saw something else inside me and inside them and everything else which made us equals.

And I really enjoyed that feeling... that feeling of being home, you know.

Bohort said:
Well, during my meditation yesterday night, i asked the Divine Cosmic Mind to help me and if it was possible to cleanse and purify what my body was trying to eliminate with so much difficulty.

Indeed, quite amazing!...
Great to hear your that not only the pain is gone, but the arm is no longer frozen!

You also reminded me that we can ask for the Divine Cosmic Mind to help with a given issue during the meditation. This might have been very obvious, but so far I had just been focusing on Laura's words.

Whoa, I've become really far behind on this thread. I've been cleaning out my room and selling some junk and have started supplementation. But I just want to share an experience I had with EE last week.

Last Monday, not yesterday's session, when I was doing the Beatha part I had a tingling sensation in my back. It was above my right shoulder blade. It felt like an internal tickle. It almost made me want to whimper or laugh, though it was not quite painful. After about 10 seconds I decided it was too annoying and itched it and it went away. I let it persist because I didn't get any intuitive bad feelings about it and it wasn't at first really annoying. I was also in a good mood while doing the EE program. Well, that's about it, FWIW.

Gertrudes said:
You also reminded me that we can ask for the Divine Cosmic Mind to help with a given issue during the meditation. This might have been very obvious, but so far I had just been focusing on Laura's words.

While preparing vegetables for cooking i said the Prayer, remembering Gertrudes' post, smiling i asked Divine Cosmic Mind for a good paying job. Few seconds later the phone rang and a lady was on the line asking my availability for a sales job, they are processing sent-in applications and will call us for interviews later. It pays a minimum wage, but there is room for improvement in form of commissions. Then i playfully asked that if available i would like a higher paying job. Bang! Few hours later another lady was on the phone making an appointment for an interview tomorrow morning. Higher requirements and possibly bigger payment. There isn't anything fixed, no contract could be signed yet, but i would say that's a pretty good accumulation of circumstances.

forge said:
Gertrudes said:

While preparing vegetables for cooking i said the Prayer, remembering Gertrudes' post, smiling i asked Divine Cosmic Mind for a good paying job. Few seconds later the phone rang and a lady was on the line asking my availability for a sales job, they are processing sent-in applications and will call us for interviews later. It pays a minimum wage, but there is room for improvement in form of commissions. Then i playfully asked that if available i would like a higher paying job. Bang! Few hours later another lady was on the phone making an appointment for an interview tomorrow morning. Higher requirements and possibly bigger payment. There isn't anything fixed, no contract could be signed yet, but i would say that's a pretty good accumulation of circumstances.

Hi forge, since you obviously have a lot of applications out, don't you think it's quite likely that those calls would have come in without your asking TDCM? I just ask because it seems like you're thinking of TDCM as some sort of Santa Claus or something and that's not really how it works.

anart said:
forge said:
Gertrudes said:

Hi forge, since you obviously have a lot of applications out, don't you think it's quite likely that those calls would have come in without your asking TDCM? I just ask because it seems like you're thinking of TDCM as some sort of Santa Claus or something and that's not really how it works.

True. But it is also true that getting yourself "in tune" with creative energy and eliminating blocks can certainly change your reality.

Work related issues - I've hopefully just resolved a a 2 week long conflict. It began with me taking a remark spoken at work as a massive personal affront, after stewing for 24 hours hours I decided that I would be doing myself a disservice if I didn't bring it up. This resulted in me loudly proclaiming to the remark maker "You do not speak to someone of my calibre like that" and "I will not be spoken to by the likes of you in that manner". Yes I really did say that (thanks E.E).

I've since apologised (it took 2 weeks of silence and ignore games) and I'm in the process of reversing an us vs them situation happening, these are not bad people, I did not expect hyper-sensitivity on my part. I really messed up here, it's very embarrassing having to face what can only be described as staggering self delusion. Luckily my co-worker (God bless her) has accepted my apology.

anart said:
Of course. Coincidence happened most probably. I thought asking TDCM in a light mood, remembering Gertrudes' post and smiling inwardly about the idea.
However there was a strange sort of energy-flow going on: i noticed a strange shift, sort of a melodic change in the air (i hummed a silly tune while cooking) a second before my mobile phone signaled loudly (set to alert for the pressure cooker). Then again few seconds after uttering the words asking TDCM there was another sensible shift in the 'ambience', the phone rang and the lady was on. I had a distinct feeling of perceiving reality in a slightly altered state, i can't really put my finger on, happened often before. Even thought jokingly for a change about giving a name to this change in perception.

Back
Top Bottom