Barack Obama

Tykes said:
anart said:
Obama was pretty merciless - interesting. I think Donald hit a nerve or two with Obama...

Seems so, otherwise it's difficult to explain why a president would put that much energy in ridicule Trump, his guest by the way.
In certain moments this looks like plain bullying to me, everybody laughing at Trump while the camera focus on him and the Obama keeps on with his "witty" pinpricks.

Incredibly, he is very popular still despite of all the deception, and this kind of stuff is celebrated, the youtube comments are positive mainly, he clearly is capable of generates sympathy among people.

Yes, I got the impression that he was very much "putting Trump in his place" - basically saying, "you think you're a big dog, well, I'm a bigger dog" - or, "you can't out-psychopath a psychopath" - I bet Trump was absolutely furious.

anart said:
Tykes said:
anart said:
Obama was pretty merciless - interesting. I think Donald hit a nerve or two with Obama...

Seems so, otherwise it's difficult to explain why a president would put that much energy in ridicule Trump, his guest by the way.
In certain moments this looks like plain bullying to me, everybody laughing at Trump while the camera focus on him and the Obama keeps on with his "witty" pinpricks.

Incredibly, he is very popular still despite of all the deception, and this kind of stuff is celebrated, the youtube comments are positive mainly, he clearly is capable of generates sympathy among people.

Yes, I got the impression that he was very much "putting Trump in his place" - basically saying, "you think you're a big dog, well, I'm a bigger dog" - or, "you can't out-psychopath a psychopath" - I bet Trump was absolutely furious.

That might be it, but maybe you might underestimate what is said on the so called 'roasts' humor-programs and how popular they are. My take from having watched the American versions roast of Trump, is that they are extremely vicious and the audience, in the case of Obama, the general public, really loves it. The whole 'roast' tv-phenomena have grown or gotten such a good response that they are in most countries now, there even is a Swedish version where you get 5-10 min each to really humiliate and joke about the person in question. This is later regurgitated by the press and called scandals "X said Y about Z! Read all about it."

GRiM said:
That might be it, but maybe you might underestimate what is said on the so called 'roasts' humor-programs and how popular they are. My take from having watched the American versions roast of Trump, is that they are extremely vicious and the audience, in the case of Obama, the general public, really loves it. The whole 'roast' tv-phenomena have grown or gotten such a good response that they are in most countries now, there even is a Swedish version where you get 5-10 min each to really humiliate and joke about the person in question. This is later regurgitated by the press and called scandals "X said Y about Z! Read all about it."

Yes, I understand the 'roasting' thing - my point is that this is the president of the United States, not a comedian. His anger was palpable behind these 'jokes' and for someone who prides himself on his 'composure', it is very interesting to see.

GRiM said:
anart said:
Tykes said:
anart said:

Going perhaps a bit off topic here, but in what I think is a warm up roast to Obamas speech, comedian Seth Myers is further 'pounding' on Donald Trump, while letting Obama off lightly. Donald Trump bit at 12:00, looking furious indeed. He is apparently running for republican president.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7YGITlxfT6s&feature=player_embedded#at=735

Anart said:
Yes, I understand the 'roasting' thing - my point is that this is the president of the United States, not a comedian. His anger was palpable behind these 'jokes' and for someone who prides himself on his 'composure', it is very interesting to see.
It is quite a new aspect of character, atleast the vicious bit. As Setth Myers points out in above clip 'what happened to the old Obama, you would have loved him... perhaps a bit too idealistic?' and Obama nods. Perhaps he has gathered that he can not play the political field as he thought earlier, he might aswell play into a social gladiator role instead, which again could be a demand by pupeteers to keep the show going.

anart said:
my point is that this is the president of the United States, not a comedian. His anger was palpable behind these 'jokes' and for someone who prides himself on his 'composure', it is very interesting to see.

Well that is a really good point. Having re-watched his monolog I can see what you mean, maybe he is becoming more intoxicated by his power and status?

The whole thing is really absurd though, I cant take the format of the press sitting and laughing at bad jokes serious though, so many lives lost, so much money stolen, multi trillion debt, environmental distastes, so many lies and he jokes about trivialities and they applaud him for it. The whole I-am-the-president-of-the-united-states-of-US-and-god-bless-america-stick is getting really old.

The Prez. is going to take credit for the Osama Bin Laden thing.
What bites are all the people that are going to believe him.
He's so full of horse hockey...
This whole think makes my arse clamp shut...
:headbash: :headbash: :headbash:

He is dangerously dazzling and charismatic. Even though I know what a crook he is, part of me finds his personality very attractive. Imagine what he must be
like in real life. What an actor!

GRiM said:
anart said:
my point is that this is the president of the United States, not a comedian. His anger was palpable behind these 'jokes' and for someone who prides himself on his 'composure', it is very interesting to see.

Well that is a really good point. Having re-watched his monolog I can see what you mean, maybe he is becoming more intoxicated by his power and status?

The whole thing is really absurd though, I cant take the format of the press sitting and laughing at bad jokes serious though, so many lives lost, so much money stolen, multi trillion debt, environmental distastes, so many lies and he jokes about trivialities and they applaud him for it. The whole I-am-the-president-of-the-united-states-of-US-and-god-bless-america-stick is getting really old.

Exactly. That whole thing was sickening to watch :barf:

With everything that's going on... all these people sitting back and laughing at the stupidest thing a president has ever talked about. Obama looked like a fool to me, like a clown on a stage, making people laugh.

Posted by: anart

No doubt, pure anger with a smile and a little Ha Ha aren't I so funny. And a crowd of idiots laughing with the President, that have absolutely no clue. You could see DT trying hard to compose himself.

A 'pissing contest' for sure. And behind the guise of humor. Totally disrespectful to the serious art of satirical comedy.

Some some reason or another, the "pissant",
somehow looks like a ghoul or gargoyle, when
hiding anger.

I whole heartedly concur with your revulsion.
I've had to completely turn off the TV.
This war whooping garbage and "American exceptionalism" is everywhere.
I don't believe a thing that comes out of this government or its corporate masters.
Regarding the people like the press that eat up this manure and seem to enjoy and relish it, I have to remind myself that they're in their element, their ideal reality.
For all the talk about humanity and ascension from new age gurus, I'm now convinced there is no place for much of humanity to ascend to, they're already in their nirvana.
As disgusting as these humans are, I have to concede that great numbers of people love it here.
They love the malfunction, the idiocy, the disease, the lies, the dog-eat-dog jungle environment.

Seems to me we are looking at a robotic type of individual, Egotistical Psychotic, I love me Organic Portal, put there by the PTB to follow orders unconditionally, without regard to whom he is hurting or how many lives lost. He really believes that he is doing the right thing as all programed minds are trained to believe. He backs this up with phony charisma, and joyval rhetoric, knowing that his controlled audience will scream and clap at all his absurdities...remember what the Cs said "that there are approx 2 million programed souls that are floating around and that was in the late Ninety's, so how about now?. Look at the eyes of the people rallying around his appearances. Usually wide open with ecstatic numbness on there faces...looks like the pictures of early Nazi Germany...Hope I'm wrong about this , but????

Ok, I don't think there's much noise in this Youtube video, (correct me if I am wrong), it comes from "Snordster" who is he? who is the guy doing the narration? I will check into this myself but I must admit my research skills are not the greatest.

When I saw Obama speak the first time at the DNC I got a "hairspray" moment. Something told me this guy was going to be the next president.

To me, he is a "deep level punctuator".

_http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=Xjz2mbUxD1s

Good job on the Boston bombings as well...

_http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eMMK5-VyADo

[Edit: oops! forgot to put the underscore in front of the second link]

Back
Top Bottom