Are Cass names a Code?

Re: Cassiopaean's Names in Sessions

What I noticed is that some of these names sound feminine and some sound masculine ( this is my subjective impression)
for eg. Ropponeia ( my favorite) and Zauto would be typical feminine and masculine names respectively.
Isn't 6th density sexless?
Then there are some of the names that sound neutral like Lynostieah, Sonow, Myip for eg.

Yep noticed that too. Also the only repeated name was "Torra" from two different 1997 sessions. :) Was wondering if that was a mistake because it seems that the names do not repeat except for this "Torra."

Added Later - Sorra is the other repeat. Thanks SAO for pointing it out in his post below.

Don't forget Hiklu! ;D

(23-03-1996)

Thanks han,

Missed Hiklu. Will amend. :)

Edit - Amended.

Corto Maltese said:
What I noticed is that some of these names sound feminine and some sound masculine (this is my subjective impression) for eg. Ropponeia ( my favorite) and Zauto would be typical feminine and masculine names respectively.
Isn't 6th density sexless?

I am just barely getting going on this, but I can tell you already that the C's have a strong disposition for names ending in /-a/ (which in most western and some other cultures is a feminine ending). There are several interesting subcategories of this ending, but I will wait until I have it all analyzed to say more so I can discuss it all at one time.

Vulcan59 said:
Yep noticed that too. Also the only repeated name was "Torra" from two different 1997 sessions. :) Was wondering if that was a mistake because it seems that the names do not repeat except for this "Torra."

That's the only repeat I see too, but here are some interesting minimal pairs that differ by a single vowel:

Vorra
Vurra

Usarro
Usurro

Wixxom
Woxxom

Alorra
Olorra

Lomarra
Lomorra

Also, Vulcan59 -- quick question: can you tell us anything more about the following names?:

PiliA___h
SiA___h
MA??h

I haven't done a transcript search -- I take it this is literally the way they are originally transcribed? They all have this interesting sequence in common which begins with a capital 'A', followed by "stuff", and ending in an 'h'. It looks like a pattern if the question marks in 'MA??h' correspond to the underscores in 'PiliA___h' and 'SiA___h'.

Edit: There is actually one more repeat: Sorra

Hi shijing,

That's the way it is in the transcripts. I suppose only Laura or someone else with access to the originals can answer that question.

Vulcan59 said:
Hi shijing,

That's the way it is in the transcripts. I suppose only Laura or someone else with access to the originals can answer that question.

OK, thanks for that -- I think it is a pattern, but I would love to know what the question marks, underscores and capital 'A's are all about -- maybe we can ask Laura how those came through over the board after she is less preoccupied.

Remember that in the session on August 30th, 2009, they said:

C's said:
A: Hello!

Q: (L) And who do we have with us?

A: Groilla of Cassiopaea unified thought.

Q: (L) Why did you add the extra to the introduction?

A: You sometimes forget that a "name" is just a convention for your convenience. We thought a reminder was in order.

So - while it's an interesting thing to consider, the fact that they're using names as a convenience for Laura, et al - might need to be taken into consideration as far as trying to discern any deeper meaning in the names. Then again, the convention for convenience might hold a deeper meaning! fwiw.

Hi Anart --

anart said:
Remember that in the session on August 30th, 2009, they said:

C's said:
A: Hello!

Q: (L) And who do we have with us?

A: Groilla of Cassiopaea unified thought.

Q: (L) Why did you add the extra to the introduction?

A: You sometimes forget that a "name" is just a convention for your convenience. We thought a reminder was in order.

So - while it's an interesting thing to consider, the fact that they're using names as a convenience for Laura, et al - might need to be taken into consideration as far as trying to discern any deeper meaning in the names. Then again, the convention for convenience might hold a deeper meaning! fwiw.

I actually thought about this passage last night when we first got going on this, and I agree -- based on what you quote above, there is no reason to necessarily believe that these are the 'real names' of the C's per se, or anything like that. It is interesting to see what the patterns are behind what they choose, for whatever reason, and I'm not expecting anything profound to emerge -- if it does, it will be icing on the cake of an otherwise fun exercise :)

Here is an alphabetical list if that helps find similarities in roots and such:

Aldronn
Ammiliwae
Anamom
Anoova
Astasia
Azaha
Azoref
Baderea
Batuva
Bayreera
Biominia
Calonia
Cederra
Conopi
Corsoca
Daohha
Decorra
Dedeba
Deotton
Derom
Donarra
Donillo
Eggedora
Eggoram
Ehou
Ekokiah
Ellaga
Elminoia
Emorriha
Enduanda & Alorra
Eommna
Faitij
Feorrallah
Fiaage
Fiberroh
Figliaea
Fiilia
Fimohoh
Firson
Fogorrh
Fonorrea
Fopilion/Hiklu
Fori
Fortunaea
Giffaea
Gillror
Giollia
Goonian
Goorpplo
Gorrora
Groilla
Gronnioia
Gursaea
Hailiea
Hidorra
Hifaa
Higurrah
Himmani
Hiperionia
Hnorra
Honaza
Honnorah
Honnorra
Hoparb
Hoskim
Illo
Iora
Ixthorria
Jarrah
Jemmona
Jilliore
Jimmorra
Jopalla
Jopoye
Jovinne
Jozza
Jxoin
Kiloaea
Kinnemah
Kiolorra
Kionna
Kiork
Klorhn
Kolonia
Komorrih
Koorka
Koroiia
Kournia
Krollah
Lanirre
Laopinnah
Larria
Leahriaea
Leijooa
Lioa
Lomorra
Lopsiatza
Loriea
Loriennia
Lororra
Lorra
Lorskvaa
Louritha
Loxacca
Lynostieah
MA??h
Mahijm
Maranatta
Marra
Mohnah
Moretir
Morrah
Mucpeor
Murean
Myip
Naphoron
Napponiz
Nilionna
Nimommarah
Njorrg
Nomihha
Nonigera
Nuthurra
Ohellieae
Olonnagia
Olorra
Onokoia
Oorg
Oplea
Opponoa
Orotheia
Oxajil
Pamthora
Peehmi
PiliA___h
Plianni
Poinonia
Poinsettia
Pommori
Ponollah
Poronia
Porsonea
Promia
Riahonoiaea
Rindr
Rinirrah
Rivia
Rohr
Roligea
Rolla
Rollaea
Rolora
Rommolah
Romommea
Ropponiea
Rouswo
Sannorri
Shoura
SiA___h
Sigurri
Sijll
Sikeloraea
Siril
Sonoriaea
Sonow
Soriah
Soroca
*******Sorra
Sorra
Sorran
Sorria
Sorrillora
Sorrona
Sycoritia
Teiurannea
Tiannih
Tikloria
Timmah
Tira
Tomorria
Tonno
Tora
Toren
Toria
*******Torra
Torra
Torren
Torrillahk
Toruz
Toyjiia
Turoian
Turrin
Uquoppe
Urturra
Urua
Usarro
Usurro
Uthurrah
Uturrah
Vedeeba
Verriah
Viaggmor
Vialli
Vimon
Vinxyoh
Vira
Viror
Vomaz
Vordkon
Vorra
Vorta
Vostokokk
Vostorra
Votorr
Vupoori
Vurra
Wampha
Wardleh
Wasanna
Waybon
Wiappahn
Wikijia
Wimorio
Winyonna
Wisoma
Wixxom
Wokuhia
Womol
Woneen
Wonikha
Wonnapa
Wonniea
Wonnon
Wosarriea
Woxxom
Xiooira
Xiorran
Xora
Xtqf
Xyenri
Xyorra
Yalun
Yaponil
Yeaionnia
Yloloh
Yodnor
Yojon
Yommor
Yona
Yonnuro
Yont
Yopanno
Yortah
Yxorra
Yxtorra
Yzgorra
Zallah
Zanea
Zauto
znsllsos
Zollanah
Zonah

SAO said:
Here is an alphabetical list if that helps find similarities in roots and such:

Thanks SAO, and you read my mind -- this will be very helpful with the next round of what I am going to look at, so thanks for your trouble!

shijing said:
I actually thought about this passage last night when we first got going on this, and I agree -- based on what you quote above, there is no reason to necessarily believe that these are the 'real names' of the C's per se, or anything like that. It is interesting to see what the patterns are behind what they choose, for whatever reason, and I'm not expecting anything profound to emerge -- if it does, it will be icing on the cake of an otherwise fun exercise :)

Yes, and another aspect to possibly consider is how they spell the word Cassiopaea - that 'aea' ending is also present in many of the names. (As I'm sure you know, Cassiopaea is traditionally spelled Cassiopeia.) I mean, if you're looking at letters and all that... ;)

No problem, try _http://textalyser.net for some useful statistics like this:

Word Length / Word Count / Frequency
87829.2%
76323.6%
94215.7%
63613.5%
10186.7%
5166%
1193.4%
220.7%
720.7%
1210.4%

and

Syllable Count / Word Count / Frequency
212145.7%
311744.2%
1166%
4114.2%

Vulcan59 said:
This should be a linguist nightmare or nirvana depending on how he/she looks at it. ;) I've tabulated the Cassiopaeans names that are recorded in the sessions. Spelling and missing letters are as is in the sessions. :cool2:

[...]
Oxajil
[...]

:O :P

Thanks for the list, SAO and Vulcan

This one is funny: "Xtqf"

My first account (nickname: Aqua) made here somehow didn't work, because I didn't receive a mail from the forum, so after waiting a couple of weeks I made another one, I couldn't use the same nickname (because it was already used; former account). So I had to think of a nickname and then I thought about all those nice names the C's ''come up'' with. So I just searched and scrolled and one of the first names I came across was Oxajil, so I chose that one. Sometimes I forget that that was the reason I chose this name and I'm afraid that people will think that I picked this name because I think they are ''my future self''. Not the case... just thought I'd say.

Oxajil said:
Sometimes I forget that that was the reason I chose this name and I'm afraid that people will think that I picked this name because I think they are ''my future self''. Not the case... just thought I'd say.

I don't think they are my future self either, but when I first read the name Biominia, I thought: "If you some day make it to 6th density, choose that name." It was a joke to myself, but I really liked the name, so why not use it here, right? Unfortunately, as Corto and Vulcan said, some names do sound feminine and not to cause any confusion, I have chosen a name which consists of Biominia and Astasia(I personally think they are both beautiful). Since I am interested in genetics, I thought about DNA synthesis which goes from fifth carbon to third carbon of sugars, so I decided to take 5 letters from Biominia and 3 letters from Astasia.

I think the names are really interesting, even though they may not mean anything. I can't wait to read shijing's analysis.

Back
Top Bottom