All About Fasting

Fasting, Gluten, MSG, Soy, Blood Type Diet

Sure, I understand this.
But this is a bit confusing area.
Do you have any idea what can be done in terms of such research?

I mean generally all food is bad for you, it causes aging with its byproducts. Oxygen causes aging too. Unfortunately we need it, same as food.
Thats why lab rats kept on the brink of starvation have lifespan which is double the lifespan of normally fed rats. My point being whatever you eat will have damaging effect then why not for the time being ( and in the lack of better approach) eat the things that keep your body working at its physical, mental, emotional and energy optimum.
And to achieve this the only thing we can do is to pay close attention to all these aspects of our being in relation to what we eat.
(some people I know even managed to clear some health issues - - by maintaining detailed nutrition diary)
Of course this is easier said then done as it requires enormous effort of will, good observing skills and very meticulous approach.

While I agree with Judvic and Laura about permanent bettering, I also agree with Henry - if it ain't broken, don't fix it. I guess that would mean, always improve where it matters to improve, and only "fix" anything that gets in the way of what matters. So if your diet is hurting your ability to network and do the Work, then adjust as necessary. Similarly, if it's a disease, or a pain, or a bad social/family situation, job, whatever, adjust as necessary to enable yourself to stay on the tracks. Although how we deal with whatever the problem is, is also part of the Work. Cuz frankly we could just blame anything and everything for why we're not Working. Anything can be an excuse. So identifying the true cause of the problem, whether it is our problem (attitude/laziness/you know, general law) and we're just projecting it to something else to try to "excuse" ourselves (to our other selves) from Doing what "we" know we should Do, or if it really is an external problem, is part of the Work too. And then once properly identified, to properly deal with it. All that is hard and part of the Work, and I think it makes sense in terms of a good way to go about determining what is broken, exactly how/where/why it is broken, whether it matters, and how to fix it if it does matter. And if it doesn't matter, or if it has little impact, then it can probably be left alone.

I hate using this word cuz of how subjective/relative it is, but yet I think it's necessary and useful anyway - reasonable. Just to be reasonable and do what is reasonable. It belongs across the border from "obsessed". Now exactly where we put that border also matters cuz putting it "too far" to one side or another is "bad". So that leads me into impeccability as defined by G and networking as defined by C's. To get a good sense of what is reasonable, we need to network, and to do the Work and have a good idea of what is important and where our energy should be going, etc. And that's under constant calibration as we gain knowledge.

I think it would be "reasonable" to say that life is not digital but "analog", so everything we do is an estimation, it is based on what we think is reasonable, nothing is precise 100%. Time, distance, amounts, weight, all are rounded off to what we consider "reasonable" under the "circumstances". So while reasonable is subjective, there is such a thing as being "too meticulous" or "anal" or "obsessed" or "focusing too much on the wrong thing for the wrong reasons" etc. There's G's idea of impeccability, but I think it has a chance to be misunderstood into becoming obsessed with perfection/efficiency where it is not necessary/healthy/productive/helpful/"good" to do so. This is where the networking/Work comes in - to try to keep ourselves from going into lala land both in thoughts and goals.

In this sense Nike's slogan of "Just Do It" helps me a LOT. When I catch myself rationalizing without any real sense/purpose/progress to it, I just cut it short with "just do it". This can also mean the opposite though, "ok, drop it, move on". There's definitely a difference between critically thinking and "rationalizing", the latter being obsessive and usually objectively irrelevant.

Maybe all I'm trying to say is that our under-developed emotional center and over-active intellectual center is the root of this whole darn situation. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong here.

Edit: Beh, ended up with too much noise (as usual), so cleaned it up.

Edit2: Anart, I cleaned it up a bit, hopefully it's better now. I really gotta work on my long-winded wordiness :| hmm probably every sentence that starts with "So.." can easily be taken out..

sao said:
Did I just write way too much saying way too little? I get the feeling that I did. Is there a spot in this post that basically summarizes the point by itself without needing most of everything else?
Perhaps. ;)

I have read the Eat Right 4 Your Type diet and followed it for my blood type. I, too, found that MOST of the things that I am suppose to avoid, according to the guide, were things that I wasn't interested in and I was already eating the things I was suppose to be eating. The main thing that I do like, that I am suppose to avoid is wheat. I just love breads and pasta, etc.

But after reading the book and this thread, I quit wheat. I have a couple of health problems that have been on-going for years, and although it has taken awhile, I have been noticing some actual health improvements from my quitting of the eating of wheat. It cannot be from anything else, as this is the only change I have made to my diet. So, for me, there is really something happening with staying of this diet plan.

Oh, I also love tomatoes and peppers, and I'm not suppose to eat those either. Although I do have them every great once in a while. ;)

Lynne said:
Oh, I also love tomatoes and peppers, and I'm not suppose to eat those either. Although I do have them every great once in a while. ;)
Oh, this is my major problem as well. :) I absolutely love peppered or spicy food, especially with tomatoes, and it is a major no no for B's. I can live perfectly well without wheat (although birthday parties always ruin it) or without chicken (turkey or beef are better tasting anyway, imho) but I can't live without hot peppers. :cool2: so I pay the price.

Keit said:
Oh, this is my major problem as well. smile I absolutely love peppered or spicy food, especially with tomatoes, and it is a major no no for B's. I can live perfectly well without wheat (although birthday parties always ruin it) or without chicken (turkey or beef are better tasting anyway, imho) but I can't live without hot peppers. smoking so I pay the price.
Well, I'm just gonna have to share some of the recipes I have found or developed for not only breads, but also CAKE!!!

The absolutely BEST birthday cakes I have ever made have been the ones that were gluten free in the past year! And everyone who ate them agreed. They were beyond divine!

So, maybe I'll start a thread just for gluten free recipes?

SAO said:
Maybe all I'm trying to say is that our under-developed emotional center and over-active intellectual center is the root of this whole darn situation. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong here.
Yeah. Coulda been said a lot shorter. Lotta energy going into some of your posts that could be more usefully spent on SOTT work where it is really needed.

Let me chime in with more anecdotal evidence for the blood type diet. If I start straying from it over a few days, I find that my joints ache in th morning. If I return to being fairly strict, those aches and pains go away.

Keit said:
Oh, this is my major problem as well. :) I absolutely love peppered or spicy food, especially with tomatoes, and it is a major no no for B's. I can live perfectly well without wheat (although birthday parties always ruin it) or without chicken (turkey or beef are better tasting anyway, imho) but I can't live without hot peppers. :cool2: so I pay the price.
LOL... but is not the price worth paying sometimes? :D

I'm an "A", so was quite nonplussed to read that I'm supposed to stay away from chilli, curried and other "spicy" foods too - which I eat almost bi-daily. Mmmmm.... Thai Red Chicken Curry..... and Lamb Madras....

drooling_homer.gif

OK, maybe not a good idea to discuss this in the first couple of days of a fast. :lol:

i tried to make several traditional recipies that i bake usually (like filled with apricots or sour cherries cookies; ricotta or sour cherries dumplings, creppes) using buckwheat and oatmeal flour instead of wheat flour - and 'impasto' was hot holding together, it was falling apart all the time. I tries several times with different kinds of fat like olive oil or a bit of batter, adding more eggs, but it didn't work. Creppes became 'eatable' only when i used buckwheat to wheat flour 1:1.
May be with rice flour it's different, but it's not available locally. So how do you cook gluten-free so it doesn't fall apart? Could you please share some recipes that do work?

Keit said:
I absolutely love peppered or spicy food, especially with tomatoes, and it is a major no no for B's
I am B too and love spicy food and we are allowed to have the best spice: kayenne pepper! :) Though there's nothing to replace tomatoes with....

Irini said:
I am B too and love spicy food and we are allowed to have the best spice: kayenne pepper! :) Though there's nothing to replace tomatoes with....
Well, this is the main problem, because hot peppers are usually mixed with tomatoes (or at least this is how I like them best). :) Life is cruel.. :cool:

Here short and basic recipe for salsa. Perfect with steak or any other meat products.
Ratio- depends on your preferences.

Tomatoes or sherry tomatoes
Fresh coriander
Lot of garlic
Green chili peppers
Salt

Another good recipe with tomatoes:

Tomatoes or sherry tomatoes
Lot of garlic
Fresh basil
Salt

No oil required in both cases
And you can add feta cheese instead of eating it with meat - also in both cases.

CarpeDiem said:
i tried to make several traditional recipies that i bake usually (like filled with apricots or sour cherries cookies; ricotta or sour cherries dumplings, creppes) using buckwheat and oatmeal flour instead of wheat flour - and 'impasto' was hot holding together, it was falling apart all the time. I tries several times with different kinds of fat like olive oil or a bit of batter, adding more eggs, but it didn't work. Creppes became 'eatable' only when i used buckwheat to wheat flour 1:1.

May be with rice flour it's different, but it's not available locally. So how do you cook gluten-free so it doesn't fall apart? Could you please share some recipes that do work?
Just hang on, I'll get some recipes up for you that should solve some of these problems.

Do you have a local "health food" store of some kind or an imported foods store?

Carpe Diem

Did you ever try spelt flour for your cookies?
I did not try cookies yet but I made fresh noodles and pancakes without any problem.
Besides that I repeatedly read that spelt has the lowest allergenic potential of all cereals and might work in a gluten-free diet, even in cases of celiac disease. At least in Germany allergologists give it a try. Interestingly I found this opinion mostly on German websites such as the dinkel(spelt)-infocenter. Their theory is that the proteine sequence of spelt is different from wheat. English websites mostly claim that spelt is like wheat and will not work in case of celiac disease.
I don't know who is right but for all who suffer from celiac disease an allergological test on spelt or at least a kinesiological test might be worthwhile.

After reading this entire thread, this is much appreciated information. I think I will reevaluate my diet and consider another fast that is more focused. I had done a mini fast at the beginning of this year for about a week, but the reasons were different. I believed I had become poisoned and could only drink water during that period. I lost about 10 pounds. I also felt better afterwards but was also suffering from a toxic indigestion of sorts from breathing in black powder and other chemicals related to weaponry, long story, family sociopaths, etc.

I wanted to ask Henry and or Laura about the fasting event. There were 3 issues I had thought of. One was meditation, one smoking, and one is vitamins. I did not see these mentioned.

If someone has smoked their entire life, should smoking cease during this period of fasting? Did either one of you take vitamins or other additives to water during fasting? How about meditation, is it different or more enhanced, or something else, or was it attempted during this stage?

Thanks for the gluten info! I will definitely spend some time researching this for the future.

Back
Top Bottom