How a psychopath spots a victim

purplehaze

Jedi Master
. . . and the one you preserve may be you own

Following is a list of psychopathic predator cues explained in such a way that hopefully will be comprehensible to the greatest number of you. Picking up on some of these cues could potentially make a difference between life and death. The perpetrators of these cues are more often than not the perpetrators of some very serious crimes. No time to sugar coat this stuff. I call it as I’ve seen it, both personally and professionally. The present stage of scientific research into the mind of psychopaths is in its infancy and the current recommendation is to stay away.

Blame Game = Predator Faultless
How perfect are they? This cue is crazy making, especially if you have a mission to correct inappropriate behavior. It is glaring if you don’t get caught up in the rhetoric. It is admirable when somebody owns up to their mistakes. However, predators will blame others. Craziness is created when you attempt to help them see how their inappropriate actions clearly caused a result. Predators are faultless and most are masters at the blame game. The more you try to convince them the more you find yourself believing their version.

Barb Producer = Predator Control
Aren’t they fun to be around? This cue can really be a draw. Seasoned predators have an uncanny ability to demean others with a barrage of barbs and deliver it in such a way that their audience (fan club) finds the episode enduring. Barbs are short “picking on” phrases delivered toward a target for the benefit of control. Predators always win in barb exchanges. Do not get involved. If a barb is launched your way ~ walk away lest you want to be under their control. They will play with their target like a cat plays with a mouse. Predators love this incessant bantering. A real crowd pleaser.

The Questioner = Predator Ammo
This is a “doozie” if you are personally involved with a predator. Be very careful what you tell them because it will surely bite you in the butt in the future. And believe me it will not be shot back in the way you meant it. This cue feigns interest and can get you involved with them because you think they care. Couldn’t care less. They are only gathering information. What they do is use your own words as ammo. A way you can detect the difference is when somebody is genuinely interested they will nod or give some form of verbal response during your answer. Predators do not have the ability to see another’s point of view so you will get nothing. Their only interest is memorizing what you say for ammo.

Shallowness = Predator Unemotional
Don’t confuse predator’s question with genuine interest. What you are looking for is body language during your answers to their questions. If a person is genuinely interested then you typically hear feedback stuff like “yeah I know what you mean” or something indicating empathy. If you are talking to a predator they are memorizing what you say for ammo. Fact is they cannot “know what you mean” for they do not have that level of brain activity. This one is a cue worth noting when talking to anybody. If you are talking to a disinterested person they are not worth your precious time regardless.

Malicious Quirks = Predator Disgust
Predators are real control freaks. You will discover this behavior cue in their head region. What you look for is their reaction to your behaviors. These reactions are disgust disguised as quirks. Mine use to turn his head slightly, squint that turned eye and dip his head all in the same motion. At first I thought it was a playful gesture. In time I discovered it as cue of disgust. Boy did I send him into the realm of disgust a bunch.

No Eye Contact = Predator Avoidance
Lack of eye contact is easy to see if you look for it. No eye contact is forthcoming when discussing emotional topics, predators are a “no can do” on these types of subjects. However, you will receive direct eye contact when a predator is delivering a directive. FYI ~ a predator’s direct eye contact directive means perform or you will pay, pay, pay. Don’t get involved then you don’t need to worry.

The Self-Promoter = Predator Insecurity
Wow, this one caught me off guard until after. These type are very, very good at self promotion. No doubt my predator was highly intelligent, but he had me thinking he was next to God. I still chuckle at myself. Predators self promote by using their fan club. It’s subtle. What makes their promotion convincing is the truth in numbers concept. They are always working the crowd and you will be thoroughly convinced they are the best, brightest . . . how can the whole fan club be wrong. Not wrong, controlled.

Demeanor Changer = Predator Mask
This one I witnessed several times and I recall being thrown back a bit each time. The one that sticks out in my mind was when my predator was in my office berating me about something and in an instant his entire demeanor changed when he noticed a client walking toward the office. I was so amazed by what I had just witnessed that I sat back in my chair dumbfounded as he waltzed out of my office to greet his business prey. How many times have you been in a heated exchange and needed a little time to shack it off. Predators do not because they are not emotionally involved ~ nothing to shake off.

The Exaggerated Smile = Predator Deception
Easy one, take the time to notice. Empathetic individuals smile with their eyes as well as their mouths. If you see vacancy in the eyes with a smile across the lips - Beware.

“Beware of the Hand Shake” = Predator Preferred Contract
Predators are notorious liars, whether they need to or not. Their lying keeps you off balance. Eventually you will be spinning out of your own control and into theirs. A hand shake means absolutely nothing to them unless a term of the shake benefits them. They will lie and lie big to get themselves out of an oral contract that does not serve them well. Best case scenario is never contract with a predator ~ in the alternative routinely reduce all your contracts to writing lest you want to be left holding the bag.

No denying these absence of empathy types share the planet with empathetic types. When the two worlds collide empathy is not a benefit. Avoid a collision with awareness. Exhibiting one or a combination of these cues does not guarantee you a predator. Brain scan before marriage . . . hmm.

http://predator-awareness.healthylifestylegeek.com/predator-awareness-life-preserving-cues/

PREDATOR AWARENESS: Life Preserving Cues

Don’t confuse predator’s question with genuine interest. What you are looking for is body language during your answers to their questions. If a person is genuinely interested then you typically hear feedback stuff like “yeah I know what you mean” or something indicating empathy. If you are talking to a predator they are memorizing what you say for ammo. Fact is they cannot “know what you mean” for they do not have that level of brain activity.
This subspecies of the predators species is paying regular visitis to our Forum. If they post - we have a special category for them: "Vinnies" :)

purplehaze: This cue feigns interest and can get you involved with them because you think they care. Couldn’t care less. They are only gathering information. What they do is use your own words as ammo. A way you can detect the difference is when somebody is genuinely interested they will nod or give some form of verbal response during your answer. Predators do not have the ability to see another’s point of view so you will get nothing. Their only interest is memorizing what you say for ammo.
I sometimes think that they think that they care. But they don't really. They only care themselves. It is almost like that they only see what they want to see.
For ammo, indeed. That's why it's important to be careful what you say and use External Consideration.

purplehaze: If you are talking to a predator they are memorizing what you say for ammo. Fact is they cannot “know what you mean” for they do not have that level of brain activity.
Are there predators that do know what you mean, but still are memorizing for ammo?

purplehaze: Don’t confuse predator’s question with genuine interest.
This is a quite sneaky one. Most predators ask you questions, not because they're interested, but to make you think that they are interested to what you have to say. And when you think that the other is interested in you, then you will keep on going the conversation, and multiply his ammo...

purplehaze: Mine use to turn his head slightly, squint that turned eye and dip his head all in the same motion.
I noticed this exact gesture from a guy right before he stole 50 euros.

ark said:
we have a special category for them: "Vinnies" :)
hey! :mad: ;) :P

but seriously, excellent synopsis, purplehaze. If someone is facing this stuff, they should have a printout of this handy.

And also, they should have a copy of 'In Sheep's Clothing' by George K. Simon Jr.

The two give-away traits (of covert aggressive behaviour in general) that always stick in my mind are:
1. The guilt trip
2. The pity hook

The idea of predator disgust is something I don't think I'd really thought of before, but makes perfect sense. actually Lobaczewski covered it, when he talked about how how it becomes a biological 'moral imperative' for a deviant to attack a 'normal', because the very existence of normals (with their weird and illogical non-colourblind view of reality!) is perceived as a mortal threat to the deviant's reality, as something 'incompatible' or 'toxic' or maybe just 'pathetic and disgusting'.

Love it! It's a keeper.

ark said:
This subspecies of the predators species is paying regular visitis to our Forum. If they post - we have a special category for them: "Vinnies" :)

Oxajil said:
Are there predators that do know what you mean, but still are memorizing for ammo?
Absolutely! Some predators show insight into what you mean - they JUST DON'T CARE. And memorize for ammo. There are plenty of them on our site that have done this. It's simply a tactic.

Predator Awareness said:
Don’t confuse predator’s question with genuine interest. What you are looking for is body language during your answers to their questions. If a person is genuinely interested then you typically hear feedback stuff like “yeah I know what you mean” or something indicating empathy. If you are talking to a predator they are memorizing what you say for ammo. Fact is they cannot “know what you mean” for they do not have that level of brain activity. This one is a cue worth noting when talking to anybody. If you are talking to a disinterested person they are not worth your precious time regardless.
Overall, it seems to be an excellent article. However, one predator that I know acts very interested and constantly gives feedback just like "yeah, I know what you mean," while gathering data on its prey. So I'm taking that one with a grain of salt. As the author states somewhere, these are great actors and know how to act interested--easy as pie for the type--the warning cue in this case, in my opinion, would be the fact that you're ego is being massaged and you are feeling drawn towards this creature . . . perhaps a little more than you would normally . . . later you may notice an energy loss . . . perhaps . . .

purplehaze said:
The Exaggerated Smile = Predator Deception
Easy one, take the time to notice. Empathetic individuals smile with their eyes as well as their mouths. If you see vacancy in the eyes with a smile across the lips - Beware.
/
I've seens this recently in what 'felt' like a 'run' of predators coming through where I worked. It seemed like there were a lot of our clients/customers who were predators, although in reality, it was only just a few, but so big was their effect on me that I thought the workplace was full of them!!

I suppose in a way, I am different in recognising predators in the work place because for the most part these clients/customers have absolutely no wish to hide what they are. They don't think they have to, because of their circumstances. And still people make excuses for them... and put up with them sometimes for their whole lives, if they are family.

At the moment, I'm not sure if these people can be classified with some sort of personality disorder (which they have obviously had for most of their adult lives) or if they are just evil disgusting human rejects. One things for sure, I've never been able to 'get on' with them and I have a sneeking suspicion that they know I can see right through them. They must be able to 'read' something in my lack of response.

purplehaze said:
Barb Producer = Predator Control
Aren’t they fun to be around? This cue can really be a draw. Seasoned predators have an uncanny ability to demean others with a barrage of barbs and deliver it in such a way that their audience (fan club) finds the episode enduring. Barbs are short “picking on” phrases delivered toward a target for the benefit of control. Predators always win in barb exchanges. Do not get involved. If a barb is launched your way ~ walk away lest you want to be under their control. They will play with their target like a cat plays with a mouse. Predators love this incessant bantering. A real crowd pleaser.
Yes, control or domination is the goal and can be manipulated in subtle and not so subtle ways. My predator would always correct or rephrase what I said in some small way to assert his dominance and perceived superiority.

Ruth said:
At the moment, I'm not sure if these people can be classified with some sort of personality disorder (which they have obviously had for most of their adult lives) or if they are just evil disgusting human rejects.
it seems "evil disgusting human rejects" is just as much a classification as a "personality disorder," rather it's you making the classification instead of psychologists or psychiatrists. what you said brought this to mind:

Session 961228

Q: (A) How can I take steps to get to the point where I can deal with them, but not so that they make me sick? It is very difficult for me to do this. It literally makes me sick.
A: Learn to laugh at that which currently disturbs you. After all, it is comical, when you think of it. Stop taking everything so seriously!!!
Q: (A) I always thought that I was able to deal with everything, but these people absolutely nauseate me. And, then I get mad at myself because I react to them. Usually I wouldn't react to them. I would not even acknowledge their existence! (L) What makes it so personal? (A) They are so low on the evolutionary scale, that they don't even see their own evil. They think that if anyone else sees the disgusting way they behave as wrong, that there is something wrong with that person, and not them!
A: Then, picture them as squawking dodo birds.
Q: (A) It is very difficult.
A: Not if you try.
could these predators you're experiencing at work be "pinches tiranitos chiquitos" (teensie-weensie petty tyrants)?

i could be off base here, taking this out of context, but something don juan said in "fire from within" (p. 13) seemed to pertain as well to the idea of using humor as a counterbalance to frustration and disgust when encountering a petty tyrant (or perhaps, a predator).

Don Juan had a beaming smile as he spoke to me. He said that the new seers developed their own classification of petty tyrants; although the concept is one of their most serious and important findings, the new seers had a sense of humor about it. He assured me that there was a tinge of malicious humor in every one of their classifications, because humor was the only means of counteracting the compulsion of human awareness to take inventories and to make cumbersome classifications.
it seems that predators who seek to feed off of others can no longer do so if they're not actively fed by us. in my own experience i have found humor and jest to be quite effective. it also seems the "vibrational frequency" of humor is quite different than that of disgust. so, in being "disgusted" by people who appear predatory (or classifying them with a personality disorder), i wonder if that action of assigning a classification contributes to our feeling of dis-ease when they are present.

i do not mean to say that predators should be ignored or allowed to get away with feeding, not at all, nor that disgust is not an understandable reaction - rather that in engaging jest and humor, one could possibly turn off their source of food in oneself and utilize that energy towards more pragmatic goals. but so far these are only suggestions based on my own interactions and experience, i cannot speak to the dynamic you experience on a daily basis.

mamadrama said:
Yes, control or domination is the goal and can be manipulated in subtle and not so subtle ways. My predator would always correct or rephrase what I said in some small way to assert his dominance and perceived superiority.
You might find this interesting:
http://beyondthepsychiatricbox.blogspot.com/2006/03/domination-tactics.html

JonnyRadar said:
i do not mean to say that predators should be ignored or allowed to get away with feeding, not at all, nor that disgust is not an understandable reaction - rather that in engaging jest and humor, one could possibly turn off their source of food in oneself and utilize that energy towards more pragmatic goals....
I'm in agreement with you on this, Jonny, as this has been my life-long learning curve in dealing with predators. For so many of my younger years I "went to war" with them, only to learn that you cannot "win", sapping myself of energy needed in other parts of my life. Then I learned to step back and observe them, and learn their ways. But while I learned not to automatically "do battle" with them, I still wasted so much energy feeling angry, nauseated, disgusted, etc. by them. It has only been in recent years that I have been able to "laugh at that which disturbs" and to "picture them as squawking dodo birds". For they really ARE ridiculous.

The key phrase for me over the years has been "DO NOT ENGAGE", which I repeated to myself over and over again, like a mantra. It took me a long time to realize that applied to the engagement of my EMOTIONS as much as physical, interactive engagement. But disengagement from predators doesn't happen overnight, it takes time, understanding, and discipline. If one only succeeds in disengaging for brief periods of time, it is a step in the right direction.

I send the link to this topic to some friends, one of whom replied as follows:

Have not yet followed the link in your email, but felt moved to write the following

They are charming and experts at getting what they want. If you don't want to give it, they are experts in making out you are at fault because of this. Because they observe clearly and accurately, being unfazed by emotional response (which they do not possess), the smallest detail will not go unnoticed. It may be this detail which becomes their most powerful weapon against you. You will not be aware of this tiny detail/emotional reaction/supposition precisely because you do have emotional responses.These hidden painful responses to events which we all have in our past, which we have chosen to "forget" or bury, can be our undoing in the presence of a psychopath.This tiny but observed response or lack of response will be the ammunition with which the psychopath will use to destroy you. The most painful wound, once known to the psychopath, will be the knife in the back, so to speak. Once the wound is known and activated, the psychopath has control over his victim because the victim will do almost anything to not feel that pain. A look, a small change of posture or the like, is used to control the victim through the activation of this wound. Why do they do it? To have control, to feel powerful, successful, and to look good.

The psychopath does not use gross overt observable acts of destruction. His is the way of stealth. If gross acts of destruction are needed, he will employ someone else to do them. Stalking, phone tapping, stealing, altering data, rearranging furniture, threats, etc are all done by someone else. Just to let you know that he knows where you are, what you do, who you do it with and why. This other person (or group ) are also victims of the psychopaths charm and attention, seduced and/or silenced by him. His way leaves no blood or trail that can be proved to lead to him. He escapes the law because of this. He is the ringleader who controls through fear, subtly and powerfully.

My advice: if you think you are in the presence of a psychopath, leave quickly and don't look back. Don't be deceived. Chances are he will know a lot more about you than you think, obtained by his own observations or by his "team".

And here we have the problem - RECOGNIZING ONE. The majority of them are simply not obvious, even to people like us who are savvy about them.

Isabel said:
My advice: if you think you are in the presence of a psychopath, leave quickly and don't look back. Don't be deceived. Chances are he will know a lot more about you than you think, obtained by his own observations or by his "team".

That's an excellent summation from your friend, Isabel. And boy, do I ever know that tactic of info gathering from Vincent Bridges and my ex-friend and channeling partner, "Frank Scott." I've described a lot of that in the Adventures With Cassiopaea series.

Also, like purplehaze says, it's recognizing them that's the problem. I am hoping that if we keep sharing notes and data, eventually we'll get some sort of "list" of cues that will work every time. Maybe I'm hoping for too much.

One thing I HAVE noticed is that contradicting someone you are having a discussion with can give a glimpse behind the outward appearance. It appears that certain pathological types cannot STAND to be contradicted, especially not in front of others. (We call this the scratch test.) At the same time, if you praise them in a shallow way, they don't seem to be able to recognize the shallowness, and they start to open up and expansively pontificate.

So, you can do little experiments if you have some kind of "feeling" about someone, or if it is really important to make sure you aren't hooking up with a deviant.

But don't rely on such tests exclusively! In the end, the really good ones can't be discerned except over time, paying careful attention!

And, if you suspect ... run, don't walk, to the nearest exit. As has already been said, do NOT engage - not on any level.

Back
Top Bottom