Éiriú-Eolas - Breathing Program

I Don't think that the meditation is truly easy.
Takes discipline to it every night.
Of course is easier than other spiritual practices, but we are not after what is hard we are after whats efficient right?

An update for me,

After all this time doing the E/E from the begining, I come to find I might not have been breathing with my belly the whole time. Sure, I start out that way with the pipe breathe, but by the time I get to the bio-energetic breathing I think I was in such a relaxed state, that I started to breath with my chest again instead of my belly. I'll explain my thinking here. Just yesterday when I started the bio-energetic breathing, I began getting that 'hyperventilating type' feeling (for lack of better description) that I haven't felt since the begining when I started doing the E/E. When the feeling started to ease in the begining, I thought it was just getting easier to do as time went on but now I find that my program was just kicking back in. At least I think so. My last Thursday night session (yesterday) was different for me. I felt way more focus and concentration than ever before, so when this hyperventilating feeling hit me, the first thing that jumped into my mind was 'OMG!! I haven't been breathing with my belly the whole time!' At the same time I have been learning to trust my feelings more so I do believe this is in fact whats been happening to me the whole time. Or should I say slowing my progress maybe? Just kidding. I am a firm believer in 'everyone is where they are supposed to be' so for me I'm just gonna chalk it up as another program found, and of course, another learning experience! ;)

However as Laura says, the POTS and meditation part are most important and I think that is what has helped my focus to come in after all this time. I find that when I do the E/E now, I am much more focused and starting to understand what everyone was talking about when they said to focus on the meaning of the words during the POTS.

When I started the E/E program, I noticed a change in everything from my attitude towards others to my eating habits to even my way of thinking about things, so I automatically assumed that it was working and never bothered to actually concentrate closer on what I was actually doing. I was too wrapped up in trying to relax myself. Of course with time my focus came to me naturally and I am ever so thankful that it did. I feel as if I can continue onward now. I'm just a little upset with myself for missing something like that in the first place. :-[

On the lighter side, for me its almost like learning it all over again and I have that 'kid with a toy on Chistmas feeling' all over again. :lol: Off I go for another session!

Update on this week’s Breathing-Meditation work. On Monday, I almost got through the complete recitation of the Prayer of the Soul, yet zoned out at the very end. Thursday was back to normal, out before the end of the first recital by Laura. Tuesday was an interesting day; I was full of energy – for a change, and Thursday. Energy levels have been a bit of a roller coaster. But, sleeping at night is becoming a problem again. It’s back to numerous trips to the bathroom (so something must be shifting), rarely sleeping for more than two hours, waking up early (2-3hrs) in the morning with my mind working overtime, and unable to get back to sleep.

I did think it was all coming together now, a realisation of what’s happening with these physical (and underlying mental and emotional) manifestations. This week and last could be a detox anti-Candida reaction indicating the real underlying physical problem, that of Adrenal Fatigue, which I stopped treating to get the Candida out of the way as it could hinder the adrenal recovery. The Anti-Candida detox is complete later this week, and work starts on the Adrenal Fatigue in earnest then. Whatever it is, I’m a firm advocate in the body (or soul) indicating to the mind what needs clearing, ie, creating a context/situation/bringing to the ’surface’ ‘issues’ (buffers, or limiting decisions) that need attention – to find the positive learning.

Reference Louise Hay, in You Can Heal Your Life,
Adrenal – Defeatism. No longer caring for the self. Anxiety

Reference Lise Bourbeau, in Your body’s telling you: Love yourself!
ADRENAL GLAND PROBLEMS
EMOTIONAL BLOCK
The adrenals … furnish you, as an individual, with the energy necessary to maintain faith in Mother Earth and in her capacity to provide you with fundamental needs. This refers to anything that regards having.

Adrenal problems indicate that you are burdened with unrealistic and unfounded fears surrounding your material life. You are afraid of making the wrong move and lack confidence in your own ability to meet your material needs. You probably exhibit a fertile imagination, doubt your self-worth and become annoyed at yourself fro not being more vital and dynamic.

Hypofunction, or underproduction of adrenaline, occurs when you’ve failed to respect your personal limitations and have exhausted your adrenals. You want nothing more than to simply rest. This is the body’s way of telling you that you need to rest your mind, to let go and to trust [that’s me] the Universe’s ability to take care of you. Know that it has always taken care of every living thing that allows it to do so.

Adrenal hyperfunction, [that’s me] or overproduction of adrenaline, is a sign of that you are keeping your adrenal glands in a state of alert as if you had to face an emergency [for me, this relates to early infant trauma] when, in reality, this is happening in your imagination. There is a loss of grounding and a lack of coherence.

MENTAL BLOCK
Your body is trying you to get the message across that you are not alone to provide for yourself [seems like it to me]; what you have learned so far is not the only means to survival. It is your inner self (and not your mind) that knows and remains in touch you’re your innermost needs. Learn to trust this intelligence and understand that it will provide for you. Your most fundamental needs will be fulfilled. Rather than expending all your energy worrying [that’s me], learn to simply be grateful for all you now have. Develop reverence and gratitude; these will become your links to your inner power. Once, you’ve tapped into this resource, your energy will be renewed and you will go forward with an unshakable and renewed strength and vitality.

I even looked up Bladder disorders and Incontinence. Reference Lise Bourbeau,

… inability to retain urine. … body telling you that you cannot control your desires; that you lack judgment and want your expectations to be met immediately.
… inability to hold your urine, you may be reliving similar situations from childhood. You feel like a child when you are with a certain person. … Take charge of your life and feel like an equal.

Wanting expectations immediately fits and reliving childhood situations fits as well, no wonder lack of trust is an associated problem (see below).

Is this the last assault by the Law of Accident/Predator’s Mind? Or, via the Breathing-Meditation programme, is the Higher Self pushing me over the major hurdle?

Or, is there even more to come?

It all sounds as if a fascinating journey may be in store for me one way or another.

Well I thought I had it figured out until I read a post by Laura where she mentioned in a reply to gaman, who was also having problems sleeping for short periods of time, the phrase: ‘Sounds like you are going through the “breaking down the crystallization” experiences that some of us had to go through.’ I’m intrigued by what this might mean, so I did a search and turned up the exchange on pp7-8 of the 13 September session thread. Somehow I’d missed this or deemed it not to apply.

That stopped me in my tracks for a bit. So, in this lifetime it could be back to the circumcision episode early after I was born, resulting in
… is the level of shock defence, which consists of central nervous system flooding by terror, rage, and finally numbing, paralysis, and dissociation; … The inborn level of defence goes straight into passive reflexes – i.e., application of the SHOCK DOCTRINE in the limbic system.
For a neonate undergoing circumcision, perhaps it would be accurate to say that his “decision” is primarily somatic and derives from defensive patterning of his shock experience. Because of its content and context, circumcision sets in place an automatic central nervous system and generalized somatic reaction to interpersonal experience from that point on. … a mind patterned in this way jumps right to terror, rage and/or dissociation when confronted with situations that are interpreted as threatening, even though the rational mind or cortex these situations may not be significant.

Or, perhaps much more is involved karmic-ally.

Much to think about, as well as a fascinating journey ahead!

And, no wonder I’m struggling to actively participate on other threads, where I feel I could make useful contributions, if I didn’t seem to be playing catch-up all the time, leaving little time to think through and respond. I just seem to be discovering more that is relevant to my situation, from others that I feel the need to explore. Am I clearing my own vessel before helping others? Or, are my actions just reinforcing some of the limiting decisions/buffers I’ve outlined above? Or, is it just an excuse?

(sorry for the mini-rant) I do understand that it is all worthwhile as Laura says, ‘when you come out of the tunnel’.

Then I found this. As I’ve stated before, Estes in Women Who Run With the Wolves, is my current salvation for getting through this particular period; I came across this yesterday:
CHAPTER 14 said:
La Selva Subterranea:[/i] Initiation in the Underground Forest, The Second Stage – The Dismemberment

[…]

This number of years is symbolic of the time when woman wonders what will happen to her now, wonders if what she fears most – being totally carried off by a destructive force – is really going to occur. The fairy-tale symbol of three follows this pattern: The first try is no good. The second try, still no good. The third turn, ah, now something will happen.

Soon enough energy will be stirred at last, enough soul-wind has been raised to cause the psychic vessel to sail far and away. Lao-tzu says, “Of the one comes two, and of the two, three. And from the three come ten thousand.” By the time we come to the “three” power of anything, that is, to the transformative moment, the atoms leap, and where there was once lassitude there is now locomotion.

Remaining without husband for three years can be understood as the psyche in an incubation, one of which it would be too difficult and distracting to have another relationship. The work of these three years is to strengthen oneself as much as one can, to use all one’s psychic resource for oneself, to become as conscious as possible. That means stepping outside of suffering and seeing what it means, how it goes, what pattern it is following, studying others with the same pattern who have come through it all, and imitating what makes sense to us.

It is in this kind of observation of predicaments and solutions that bids a woman to say to herself, and this is right, … In hindsight, women see the preparation for their initiatory decent mounting over a long period of time, sometimes years, till finally and suddenly over the edge and into the rapids they go, most often pushed over, but occasionally entering by a graceful dive from the cliffs … but rarely.

This period of time is sometimes characterized by an ennui. Women will often say their mood is such that they cannot quite put their finger on what it is they want, whether it be work, lover, time, creative work. It is hard to concentrate. It is hard to be productive. This nerve-restlessness is typical of this spiritual development stage. Time alone, and not very far down the road, will take us to the edge we need fall, step, or dive over.
[…]
If we listen to dream voices, to images, to stories – especially those from our own lives, and to our art, to those who have gone before, and to each other, something will be handed out to us, even several things that are ritual, personal psychological rites, these serving to steady the stages of the process.

The bones of this tale are from the time when it is said that goddesses combed the hair of mortal women and loved them so. In this sense then, we understand that the descents in this tale are those that draw a woman to the ancient past, to her ancestral motherliness in the underworld. This is the task, to return through the mists of time to the place of Le Que Sabe, who is expecting us. She has extensive underworld teachings for us that will be of great value to our spirits and to us in the outer world.

[Footnote 11] It is notable that women and men in serious psychic transition find less interest in things in the outer world for they are thinking, dreaming, and sorting at such deep levels that the appurtenances of the outer world simply fall away. It appears the soul is not very interested in mundane matters unless they have a certain numen to them.

Thank you to all, those of you who have unknowingly helped by your postings ‘here, there and everywhere’ in the forum: those that I have read that have helped.

So coming back to my original thoughts, it is all coming together now, just not quite how I envisaged it. Looks like fun and games ahead,

Q: (L) … “Challenge will be ecstasy”? What sort of challenge?
A: Living through the turmoil ahead.

And, as the C’s have said ‘Learning is fun!’

As usual, i did the entire program yesterday night.

Let say that at the beginning of the program i was feeling nice and my body was ok.

So, I did the first and the second part, pipe breathing and warrior, and everything was fine. Then the third part, the Ba Ha, it went fairly ok but when came the time to put the blanket on my body, i tried to pick up the blanket with my right arm and surprise, something was wrong with my right arm. I have a kind of pain. Anyway i managed to get the blanket and i did the meditation.

After the meditation, the pain was very present and i could not raise my arm.

This morning, i still can not raise my right arm and i must keep it close to my body otherwise it is too much painful. The only way to raise a little bit my arm is to use the help of my left hand.

For about two weeks I have had some difficulty getting both weekly sessions in.
I could only manage one a week. Also the POTS were very sporadic and I would
loose focus during the prayer and as I discovered my thoughts wondering I would
quickly bring them back. This week I made a commitment to doing the prayer on
Monday & Thursday. Also back to nightly meditation before bed. By Thursday's
session I was feeling more focused and back to a cycle I was experiencing before
my daughter became ill. (She is doing much better now).

Two things of interest I thought I would mention here:

1st - While doing the POTS yesterday, I started seeing figures, shadowy on the inside
and having a line of colored light around them. Humanish shaped and they seemed
to be climbing up and down something. I just watched as I focused my thoughts on
the prayer & Laura's voice. After they dissipated, my mind's eye saw something
like the Window's media color display when one is listening to music or audio
It was at first moving away from me, then towards me. Fast & in a purple shade
By the time the CD was finished, I felt refreshed after a two week walk in the swamp.

2nd - When I went to bed last night I fell asleep pretty fast. I had a crazy & weird dream.
Since starting the EE program I have had some crazy dreams. Though I did not share
any here with the forum. This one was a sharer, if I may.
I was in a car with some family and I was pulled over by the police. The officer was a
very big man with a pony tail. I rolled down my window (usually in life here in the states
this is what you do. They do not want you out of the car unless they say). The officer
was angry at this and said "did I tell you to roll down your window, no. Get out of the car."
I was tangled in my seatbelt and it took me a moment. I finally got out leaving my door
opened and leaned on it. He had two or three more officers (who looked a lot like him)
come to me. He checked my forehead with his hands. Moving my head side to side.
He turned to the other officers and said "I don't think this is her" They mumbled
something and moved away towards these weird vehicles. Like a motorcycle
plane thingy. They got in and took off real fast. Except the one who pulled me over.
I got in the car and started to drive towards him asking am I free to go? He just pulled off
and drove into the building that was there. Dumbfounded I drove off. Now the once clear
roads had debris all over it and I was having to drive around it all. Some other parts of the
dream followed a bit fuzzy, but what I do remember are these beings that filled my head.
They looked zombie like, featureless and were sucking up the energy of my dream. When
I realized this, I turned my mind's eye to them and said very loudly, "you can not feed off my
dreams!" They images started to turn away and fade. I woke up not feeling afraid, but very
uneasy, like I was invaded in some way. All I could say to myself was "weird"

I did manage to fall back asleep and had no more dreams remembered.

So today I am working on my diet and detoxing!

Recently I was having some interesting experiences with EE (interesting to me, anyway, nothing as dramatic as many of you have experienced). As I was able to overcome the resistance and programs that were keeping me from doing the program regularly on a daily basis, my meditations became deeper and increasingly blissful. On several occasions I became so blissed out that I zoned out during the meditation, missing most of it altogether. Each time that happened I would wake up the next morning in a deep depression.

The first time it lasted several days. I cut back to doing the full program on Monday and Thursday only, but the problem continued, although I was able to shake the depression off much quicker with exercise, pipe breathing and POS. One day when I was feeling particularly awful I tried the warriors breath, and it seemed to help a lot. It felt like I was punching through a mental fog, and immediately felt much better. Blissful meditation and depression are usually at opposite ends of my cycles, I've never experienced bliss causing depression before.

I've been much stricter about what I'm taking into my body, and that seems to have done the trick. The problem seems to have gone away. I'd like to start doing the full program more often. Is it best to limit the full program to M/Thu, or is that only when doing it more often is causing problems?

Bohort said:
Then the third part, the Ba Ha, it went fairly ok but when came the time to put the blanket on my body, i tried to pick up the blanket with my right arm and surprise, something was wrong with my right arm. I have a kind of pain. Anyway i managed to get the blanket and i did the meditation.

This morning, i still can not raise my right arm and i must keep it close to my body otherwise it is too much painful. The only way to raise a little bit my arm is to use the help of my left hand.

Hi Bohort,

This may or may not be related, but fwiw, in the C's transcripts they talk about shoulder and arm pain:

Session 971004 said:
Additionally, many of us have been experiencing the pain
in the shoulder, arm, and shoulder-blade for some time. You have, on occasion, related this to DNA changes.

And,

Session 941119 said:
: (L) What is causing the pain in Jan's right shoulder since several of us have been having this exact same symptom?
A: DNA changes.

manitoban said:
Bohort said:
Then the third part, the Ba Ha, it went fairly ok but when came the time to put the blanket on my body, i tried to pick up the blanket with my right arm and surprise, something was wrong with my right arm. I have a kind of pain. Anyway i managed to get the blanket and i did the meditation.

Hi Bohort,

This may or may not be related, but fwiw, in the C's transcripts they talk about shoulder and arm pain:

Session 971004 said:
Additionally, many of us have been experiencing the pain
in the shoulder, arm, and shoulder-blade for some time. You have, on occasion, related this to DNA changes.

And,

Session 941119 said:
: (L) What is causing the pain in Jan's right shoulder since several of us have been having this exact same symptom?
A: DNA changes.

Hi manitoban,

Thank you very much. :flowers:

I had forgotten those parts of the transcripts.

Bohort said:
Hi manitoban,

With that said, Bohort, if you literally cannot lift your arm, it may be something else and it may be serious. Has it improved?

anart said:
Bohort said:
Hi manitoban,

With that said, Bohort, if you literally cannot lift your arm, it may be something else and it may be serious. Has it improved?

No it has not improved so far. And may i say that i found it odd. I will wait a couple of days and see how it goes before consulting.

Yesterday, as i said i was able to do the warrior breathing and at the end of the meditation, there is no way i could have done it.

Bohort said:
anart said:

No it has not improved so far. And may i say that i found it odd. I will wait a couple of days and see how it goes before consulting.

Yesterday, as i said i was able to do the warrior breathing and at the end of the meditation, there is no way i could have done it.

I hope it will improve quickly and if not that you'll consult a good doctor. Keep us informed and in the meantime, be gentle with yourself and take some rest!

Lúthien said:
Bohort said:
anart said:

I hope it will improve quickly and if not that you'll consult a good doctor. Keep us informed and in the meantime, be gentle with yourself and take some rest!

I would say that if there is no improvement by Monday to get yourself into a doctor to see just what is going on. Matter of fact, even if it has improved, you might want to consult someone to see what has caused this to happen.

Please do keep us advised on how you are doing.

This is not 100% related but lately i have fallen alseep in the bath multiple times under water.

This caused wax to build up in my ears, though i have never had issues with wax before.

I went to the doctor as the build up got pretty bad, as in my ears felt blocked sometimes and a lot of wax came out when he flushed it.

After having the wax flushed out my breathing is so much better now and very noticeable every day.

Also i can hear better than before.

Just thought i'd put that out there for anyone whos hearing/breathing may have been deteriorating.

Laura said:
That's not terribly unusual. You need to make it as easy on yourself as possible. Instead of beating yourself up about slippages, just know that they happen and what really counts is just moving past them and getting back on track. Talk to yourself as if you were your best friend. ...

... Like I said, be gentle with yourself. If you think you are slipping too much, maybe you are trying to do too much at once? Concentrate on just doing the meditation at night before going to sleep and if you can do that, you can consider yourself doing the most important part of the program. That way, if you have other slip-ups, you can say to yourself: at least I'm doing the most important part. And keep in mind that IF you do this most important part, all the rest will follow naturally in time! The principles of the POTS are being encoded into you in this meditation and your subconscious will gradually become so permeated with these principles that it will stop sabotaging you. In other words, it IS as easy as can be: all you have to do is lie down on your bed, put your headphones on, and relax while listening and then drift off to sleep. Everything else is just gravy and will come naturally as you proceed.

Thanks, Laura, for these important words. They reinforce my own experiences. These issues have been part of doing the Work over the years, long before the E-E program came out. Failure to remember yourself, failure in transmuting negative emotions, losing the attention in self observation (and sometimes regaining it), etc. have always been a given. Knowing that these are not unusaul, that the whole thing is an ongoing process helps to continue the process. This is often easier said than done.

Now with the E-E program being practiced over the last few months, everything has accelerated. The same processes have become a bit easier, as if you get more results with the same effort, or even with less effort. But there will still be struggle on a daily basis. So it's very important to be gentle on ourselves and just move past the slip-ups and continue with the program and get back on track as early as possible.

I've definitely been experiencing an ongoing impression that my subconscious must be gradually becoming so permeated with the principles of The Prayer of the Soul that it will eventually stop sabotaging me.

Laura said:
I think you may be putting too much pressure on yourself. The most practical way of dealing with this kind of energy is being creative and active during the day doing what you love. Writing, painting (even painting walls or houses), sculpting, gardening, cleaning, refinishing furniture, building things, etc can all be ways of utilizing creative energy AND motor center energy so there is no build-up. If that doesn't work then certainly the usual means of relieving that pressure are normal. If you are in a relationship, that part is easy enough. If you are not in a relationship, a little care needs to be taken.

It really is terrible that our culture both sexualizes everything and, at the same time, makes it shameful and bad. Sex is normal. And for a souled individual, like everything else "normal" about the physical life that has been degraded, our attitudes toward sex need to be "spiritualized." That is the aim of working on the self.

If you must relieve the pressure of the libido, try to avoid such things as pornography or degrading fantasies that might create barriers between you and a future, healthy relationship. When people engage in the degradation of the opposite sex, even in their minds, a lot of energy is being wasted and impossible fantasies are being created about the "perfect woman" who is clearly only perfect physically. And, if any of the women in "those magazines" were spiritually inclined, they would not be there. And, the fact that they are there speaks very strongly against them being spiritual at all. So, you don't want to tie your imaginings to visual images that are false. Mouravieff even speaks about the "attractiveness" of the pre-Adamic women... lovely soulless beings. How can that be attractive? How can any souled woman, spiritual woman, who is ordinarily endowed compete with those soulless beauties set up as objects of physical lust?

They cannot. And let me tell you something. When true love is there, however the loved one looks becomes THE standard for beauty.

Work on the work, work on the self, work on what interests you and, in the course of normal events, you may very well meet someone who is also doing what you are doing and with whom you can have a healthy, spiritual, mental AND physical relationship.

After all, if you want to meet someone who is interested in the same things you are, then you have to be actively doing them - and so does she - in order for your paths to cross. Also keep in mind that there are pathologicals tossed into the midst to lead astray, so they have to be watched out for.

The best thing to do for now is to work on the self, work on what interests you, and forget about romance for the time being - just relieve the pressure if necessary. If you are doing what you are supposed to be doing, and if you are ready, the Universe has a way of giving you what you need.

I'm sure many others will also agree that this is one concise and helpful advise that condenses our understanding of what we're dealing with and how best to do so. This advise is SO helpful and clear. All who continue to work on the self, interact on the forum, continue knowledge input, and regular practice of POTS & EE will see that not putting undue pressure on ourselves and just keeping at it and doing the best we can really works. As time goes on, we are able to do more and more. Our negative programs steadily have less and less effects on us and what we want to be doing; and we become more able to do what we love, instead of mechanically doing what we hate. We may also have sudden realizations that we HAVE "spiritualized" a whole lot of our attitudes toward the "normal" aspects of physical life that have been degraded,

Gawan said:
Sorry for the length of this post, I will split them in two, one with a more scientific approach and one with my personal experiences.

FWIW today I had an lecture about trauma and the word vagus nerve was mentioned in relation to it, so I asked the lecturer for more information. And here is something I found: ...

Thanks, Gawan for these posts. The information about the Autonomic Nervous System was very helpful.

Also Thanks to everyone sharing their experiences. It helps everyone to know that we are all making progress at our own pace. The EE program just seems to accelerate it all and makes stronger the connections with ourselves and the group. It also seems to lead to a situation where we can be less obsessive about failures AND successes....

Bohort said:
anart said:
Bohort said:
Hi manitoban,

Have a look at this thread, Bohort: http://www.cassiopaea.org/forum/index.php?topic=14467.0 You aren't the only one who is having a physical symptom related to emotional cleansing process.

My suggestion would be to check into some bodywork - massage therapy, rolfing, etc - along with the usual medical tests.

As you know, my own shoulder problems got so bad I ended up having surgery which included cutting loose one of the tendons in my shoulder that was so calcified it couldn't be rehabilitated. So I know a bit about shoulder pain and paralysis.

There IS a very significant method for helping with this sort of thing that has done miracles for me and it's called "Medical Taping". This has been discussed in QFS, for sure, don't remember if it has been discussed on the forum, and a pdf copy of the manual that shows how it is done was made available. I'll have to see if I can find the reference and the link.

ADDED: I found the link http://laura-knight-jadczyk.com/Taping.djvu

This method is literally miraculous for many things. I suffered from "frozen shoulder syndrome" at several points after my surgery and even heavy duty pain killers didn't help, but after taping, the pain reduce about 25% within half an hour, and 50% within a few hours, and 75% in one day, and was gone completely in three days. I retaped a couple times just to make sure, and now haven't had a minute's trouble for well over six months.

In a pinch, you can use stretchy bandaging tape but it is a good idea to try to get some of the tape that is designed for this. Just search on the net for "medical taping" and see if you can find a more or less local source for it.

Back
Top Bottom