War in Israel-Palestine - October 2023

There are reports that armored Israeli columns have crossed into Rafah, bombings and pictures of flares. In other words, it looks like the much announced - and much predicted to be a massacre of civilians - Rafah offensive has started. :-( 😡

Israel has started ethnic cleansing in Rafah after Hamas accepted ceasefire deal. So, Israel does not want peace but total destruction of Palestine. No peace no Palestinian state. 😡

Israel has started ethnic cleansing in Rafah after Hamas accepted ceasefire deal. So, Israel does not want peace but total destruction of Palestine. No peace no Palestinian state. 😡
Now we get to see if the International Criminal Court (ICC) has any smidgen of courage after direct threats from members of Congress etc. There was no reason to issue an arrest warrant vs. Putin with no justification, but Israeli is literally carrying out a real Holocaust and they cannot do stuff without confirming what nations of the global South have known forever, it is a hypocritical institution under Western control.

Now we get to see if the International Criminal Court (ICC) has any smidgen of courage after direct threats from members of Congress etc. There was no reason to issue an arrest warrant vs. Putin with no justification, but Israeli is literally carrying out a real Holocaust and they cannot do stuff without confirming what nations of the global South have known forever, it is a hypocritical institution under Western control.
I daresay nothing will happen at any legal level, the world does seem like a different place, so we'll see where that lands. Israel seems desperate to do this before the US fully collapses and they loose all their impunity. The recent protests that are taking place the world over, might be another indicator that things aren't the same as they were a few years ago... and that might be another reason to their desperation. But at any official level? I highly doubt it, but I am willing and open to be surprised.

The guys from The Duran say that this is the end of the ICC, because if it chooses to act against Israel, the US and the West, who have used it as a political tool since forever, will strike against it and somehow see that it becomes irrelevant - cutting funding or doing anything to take legitimacy away from it. And if it chooses not to act (most likely), then nobody will take it seriously anymore, because Israel is clearly committing genocide, and again it will become irrelevant. I don't see any flaw in The Duran's logic.

Gilad Atzman highlights an Interview with a Iranian professor speaking with Piers Morgan (yeah Piers), who shows his usual colours. This guy never shrinks away from Piers baseless volleys.

Pretty good listen to the end - note that this was posted April 19th just after Iran used a few million in initial arms against Israel's propped up billions, wherein he unpacks it as exposing Israel's hand (and the U.S.'s).

Piers looks like a schoolboy bully, as usual.

I think ICC needs good boost, and this could be a good one. So, if EU member countries agree to sanction Israel, ICC could file arrest warrant against Netanyahu.

I know it is a painful process, but we have to go "through the valley of death".

Gilad Atzman highlights an Interview with a Iranian professor speaking with Piers Morgan (yeah Piers), who shows his usual colours. This guy never shrinks away from Piers baseless volleys.

Pretty good listen to the end - note that this was posted April 19th just after Iran used a few million in initial arms against Israel's propped up billions, wherein he unpacks it as exposing Israel's hand (and the U.S.'s).

Absolute perfection, thanks for sharing!

I can't believe they did not cut this off early or just not show the video entirely. Piers must not have realized how badly he got owned. I do have to credit him at least letting him broadcast this to a western audience. I am sure his producers will give him a strong talking to after that one...

And then, there's all the declarations by Biden that the US would stop arm shipments to Israel IF they decide to start operations in Rafah... Not sure what to make of this, it may be more of an internal strategy to try to apease some of the protests, try to win electoral points with the democrat base, either way it's interesting.

At least that is what he's told CNN

Piers is busy, and hot of the press is his talk was with Tulsi Gabbard following Joe Rogan. Much of the talk does not fit into this thread (Trump came up, of course, and even Piers was sympathetic over Trump facing Stormy Daniels), however Oct 7th was a topic. Piers steered the topic the way one might expect, and Tulsi weaved and bobbed in favor of sacrificing the plot over this political election year - she is a realist, she says. Her end narrative was that Hamas is evil to both Israel and the Palestinians, so it is just a war, and without saying it, the Palestinians are caught in the crossfire as collateral damage. When asked by Piers if another 10 Thousand Palestinians were to be killed as related to further fueling this evil ideology (talking Muslims), Tulsi drifted to the ideology at large without really commenting.

Ukraine came up - Piers disagreed with her, while her schtick was primarily on mass funding (correct) even though Putin invaded (he always has to be Vlad the Invader, right - Donbass, Donetsk, 2014 are never mentioned).

Felt like political theater to placate the base.

And then, there's all the declarations by Biden that the US would stop arm shipments to Israel IF they decide to start operations in Rafah... Not sure what to make of this, it may be more of an internal strategy to try to apease some of the protests, try to win electoral points with the democrat base, either way it's interesting.

At least that is what he's told CNN

If they start 'major' operations in Rafah, or go into population centres. Limited operations are just fine. That's the line that has been picked up by the White House. Biden has been instructed to talk tough while they figure things out. They can quibble over these definitions while Rafah operations continue, walking that fine line between appeasing voters and appeasing Israel. It won't fool many. At least until they can find a way to subvert, deal with or distract from the protests.

Not to mention the fact that they already sent plenty of weapons for Israel to stockpile in advance.

I can't believe they did not cut this off early or just not show the video entirely. Piers must not have realized how badly he got owned. I do have to credit him at least letting him broadcast this to a western audience. I am sure his producers will give him a strong talking to after that one...

Without trying to take anything away from the professor's calm and collected/ emotionally contained delivery of the truth (and his clear lack of agenda beyond that), I believe Piers and similar meatheads of the 'right' seem to (deep down) be so touched by the reality of the situation that at some level they may be starting to consciously fight cognitive disonance and question things.

I think we are witnessing the beginnings of an awakening; the intensified horrors of Gaza may be the straw that breaks the camel's back. A camel that has been unintentionally primed for it in the recent past.

What is the whole text of what Peterson wrote there? He has blocked a bunch of us, so we can no longer see his posts on X...
Full text from the tweet:

"I predicted exactly this all the way back in 2016 and paid a reputational price for it, commenting on the insane and incomprehensible alliance between "feminists" (those resentful harpies) and Islamic fundamentalists. The idiot hedonist females on the left, bereft of any discipline, unconsciously long for male domination.

That is why the weak presidents of our major universities (think @Columbia), unable to enforce a few simple rules, find it necessary and desirable to call in the heavies to, you know, break a few heads"

What is the whole text of what Peterson wrote there? He has blocked a bunch of us, so we can no longer see his posts on X...
I simply unfollowed him and discouraged X from showing his posts in my feed.

This is it:

I predicted exactly this all the way back in 2016 and paid a reputational price for it, commenting on the insane and incomprehensible alliance between "feminists" (those resentful harpies) and Islamic fundamentalists. The idiot hedonist females on the left, bereft of any discipline, unconsciously long for male domination. That is why the weak presidents of our major universities (think
@Columbia), unable to enforce a few simple rules, find it necessary and desirable to call in the heavies

to, you know
break a few heads

Back
Top Bottom