You got punk'd: Hard Candy is hard to swallow.

A

atreides

I just finished watching hard candy, the no-budget offering from Slade via Lionsgate.

From a creation basis, talk about genius, when you have no money, what do you do? From that perspective the movie is excellent, two people in a house and you hardly get bored. You will however cringe, and one is left to wonder what exactly is the point of this film? I rarely fast forward through a film the first time through, but some parts were so overdone I felt I needed to on at least 3 occasions.

There isn't really a villain to speak of, and the individual Slade seems to be pushing as the hero is odious and self-righteous to the extreme while at the same time you are prevented from siding with the villain because of the social ab jure requirement in regards to Slade's villain. Personally I hate movies dealing with subjects requiring a crimen exceptum morality, so this movie definitely breaks some rules, putting viewers in a with us/with them situation. I can't put my finger on it, but there was something wholly psychopathic and almost paramoralistic about the whole shpiele, it's one of those - hey! that isn't a fair scenario - types of movies.

Do I recommend this movie? Absolutely not, but if you are gonna watch it anyway, go for it. If I had been at the theatres, I would have asked for my money back.

Back
Top Bottom