wrench in the headlight

Caustic said:
This is the only thing that I have ever seen that I can classify as extraordinarily unlikely. I guess it is possible that someone did it to play a joke on me, but who would go through all that effort? I was new to Hawaii and didn't have any friends that would play jokes on me.

Maybe you do have some friend after all!!! :)

Caustic said:
I had a rash of bad luck on that motorcycle with 3 minor accidents and 1 moderate accident within 3 months prior to this incident. The first three crashes I simply fell over in my gravel driveway. The 4th accident was more serious when I hit a piece of gray plastic on the road and lost traction. Fortunately, and amazingly, I was not injured. Every crash temporarily disabled my bike by breaking off my foot pegs which were hard to replace. The missing wrench finally put my bike out of service for good since I never repaired the damage to the sprockets and recently sold it.

It was a long and dangerous commute. Maybe these incidents were intended to disable my motorcycle to keep me out of harms way?

Yes, that was my thought in terms of the wrench incident. As for the accidents with the bike itself, I'm not sure. Are you prone to other accidents not related to the bike? If this is so, this could be a sign to pay more attention. If not, these may have been signs encouraging you to get rid of the bike.

An additional thought, try not to focus too much on the legends. They can take you down the road of feeling "special". This perception can cloud your thinking and open you up to further accidents or STS manipulations.

Laura said:
Clearly a bit of PK going on there! And what a cool message to the self. You've got talent!

I did not believe psychokinesis was possible before the incident, but now it seems like I performed it by accident or perhaps subconsciously.
Then today it occurred to me what the message to the self could have been...

Dawn said:
Well that is strange. :huh:

Is there any 'wrench' in your 'line of sight?' Or something in your life that might be 'throwing a wrench in your plans?'

Just putting that idea out there.

Before Dawn's post, I didn't even recognize the symbolism of the objects: a wrench and a light. "to throw a wrench in something" is to sabotage and the light may indicate vision or perception. The wrench was a much needed tool, but was causing harm because it was in the wrong place. A light can blind you, but it can also show you the way. They both have double meanings. I was literally looking into the light when I think the PK occurred, and because of the optics of the glass I had to really look close to see the distorted image of the wrench inside.

As my good friend and roommate just pointed out to me, I have a habit of self-sabotage. Sometimes I am so pessimistic that I don't see things clearly and failure becomes a self fulfilling prophecy.

I'm sure there is still much I can learn from this and it's something I'll never forgett as long as I live.

Caustic said:
I'm sure there is still much I can learn from this and it's something I'll never forgett as long as I live.

It really is so cool that it could go in a book about PK. Ark and I have had so many PK like events that we actually got used to them. But none of ours was quite as nifty as this one!

Back
Top Bottom