Why their interest in Circumcision ?

go2 said:
Thanks…Bud!

You're welcome :), but it might be worthwhile to mention that, to be more precise, G actually says that the goal is really to connect with the large accumulator through the emotional center, so it might help to see through and not fixate upon the emotional center itself. That will come in due course, if that's your goal.

If visual imagery helps you then you might find mine useful: To me, the large accumulator is the Earth herself. To GAIA I am grounded, connected and connected to all other beings on the planet, the Universe and everything else that exists. This also helps keep my attention focused outside myself.

With attention anchored on the natural world and existence around you, it will much easier to sense your real nature, OSIT. :)

The method of participant observation stipulates that "one must come into human contact with people and this in turn means intimacy, sharing, and mutual identification" (Dollard 1937, p. 29).

Or as James stated the same idea decades earlier: "The only way in which to apprehend the reality's thickness is either to experience it directly by being a part of reality one's self, or to evoke it in imagination by sympathetically divining some one else's inner life."
Source:
THE PRAGMATIC ORIGINS OF SYMBOLIC INTERACTIONISM AND THE CRISIS OF CLASSICAL SCIENCE, p. 20, 21
_http://www.unlv.edu/centers/cdclv/pragmatism/shalin_sio.pdf

More BS from officialdom.

http://www.npr.org/blogs/health/2012/08/27/159955340/pediatricians-decide-boys-are-better-off-circumcised-than-not said:
The American Academy of Pediatrics on Monday announced its first major shift on circumcision in more than a decade, concluding that the health benefits of the procedure clearly outweigh any risks.

"There is clear evidence that supports the health benefits of circumcision," said Susan Blank, who led the 14-member task force that formulated the new policy being published in the journal Pediatrics.

The statement, and accompanying technical report, marks the first revision of the organization's position since 1999, when the academy backed away from circumcision. At that time, the group, which represents about 60,000 pediatricians nationwide, concluded that there was no clear evidence for or against circumcising newborns. The group affirmed that position in 2005.

Since then, the popularity of circumcision in the United States has declined. Only about 56 percent of newborn males are circumcised.

The academy's task force spent seven years combing through the latest research, analyzing more than a thousand studies. Their conclusion?

For starters, Blank says, circumcision helps baby boys pretty much immediately.

"The health benefits of male circumcision include a drop in the risk of urinary tract infection in the first year of life by up to 90 percent," she says.

But there's a much bigger reason to do it, Blank said. Circumcised males are far less likely to get infected with a long list of sexually transmitted diseases.

"It drops the risk of heterosexual HIV acquisition by about 60 percent. It drops the risk of human papillomavirus [HPV], herpes virus and other infectious genital ulcers," she says.

It also reduces the chances that men will spread HPV to their wives and girlfriends, protecting them from getting cervical cancer.

"We've reviewed the data and, you know, we have gone through them with a fine-tooth comb, and the data are pretty convincing," she says.

Critics, however, were not convinced. They liken the procedure to female genital mutilation.

"We have no right as parents or as physicians or adults to strap them down and chop off a normal part of their body. To do that is a human rights violation and an ethical travesty," says Georgeanne Chapin of the anti-circumcision group Intact America.

Chapin and other critics argue that the scientific evidence is questionable. For one thing, the studies about HIV have only been done in Africa, where AIDS is much more common among heterosexuals.

"They're cherry-picking their evidence," she says. "They act as though there's this huge body of literature. It's all the same couple of studies that have been regurgitated and reprogrammed. Over the past 150 years, all kinds of medical benefits have been proposed as resulting from cutting off the foreskin, and they have all been disproven."

Critics also question the safety of the procedure, saying too many boys are damaged for life by botched circumcisions.

But many experts say the academy is making the right call. They dismiss any comparison to female genital mutilation as grossly misleading and say male circumcision is about as safe as any procedure could be.

Some think the academy's position is long overdue, and that the group should have gone even further and more forcefully recommended circumcision.

"I think that all healthy newborn babies should be circumcised," says Edgar Schoen, a professor emeritus at the University of California, San Francisco. "I feel about newborn circumcision the way I do about immunization: It's a potent preventive health procedure that gives you a health advantage." [.... yeah about that]

For its part, the pediatricians group hopes the new recommendations will encourage more parents to circumcise their sons — and more insurance plans to pay for it. As Shots reported last week, a lot of state Medicaid programs have stopped covering circumcision.

"Those families who choose circumcision should have access to circumcision. Cost should not be a barrier," Blank says.

The federal Centers for Disease Control and Prevention has been promising for years now to issue the government's first guidelines about circumcision. But the CDC keeps delaying it and still has not said when that will happen.

The "Technical report" is a clickable link, funny enough you get this;

webpage said:
Page Not Found

Sorry! We can't seem to find the page you were looking for. Please visit the NPR Help Center to report this page as missing, or use the links below to continue your search.

edit: I have yet to find this technical report, its seems very elusive so far. From the link below; their new policy statement:

http://pediatrics.aappublications.org/content/early/2012/08/22/peds.2012-1989 said:
Although health benefits are not great enough to recommend routine
circumcision for all male newborns, the benefits of circumcision are
sufficient to justify access to this procedure for families choosing it and
to warrant third-party payment for circumcision of male newborns.

http://pediatrics.aappublications.org/content/early/2012/08/22/peds.2012-1989

From the American Academy of Pediatrics
Policy Statement
Circumcision Policy Statement

TASK FORCE ON CIRCUMCISION

Edgar Schoen:
A recent sampling of his extensive bibliography includes such articles as "Circumcision and Informed Consent", Dialogues in Pediatric Urology, 1994; "Second Trimester Chorionic Gonadotropin Concentrations and Complications and Outcome of Pregnancy", New England Journal of Medicine, 1999; "New Policy on Circumcision - Cause for Concern", Pediatrics, March 2000; "The Highly Protective Effect of Newborn Circumcision Against Invasive Penile Cancer", Pediatrics, March 2000; "Newborn Circumcision Decreases Incidence and Costs of Urinary Tract Infections During the First Year of Life", Pediatrics, April 2000; and "The Hypothalamic-Pituitary-Thyroid Negative Feedback Control Axis in Children with Treated Congenital Hypothyroidism", J Clin Endocrinol Metab 85, 2000.

Dr. Schoen is a member of the American Academy of Pediatrics, the Endocrine Society, the Society for Pediatric Research, and the American Pediatric Society and is a founding member of the Lawson Wilkins Pediatric Endocrine Society, among other professional groups.

He seems somewhat nonobjective in this issue...

I think it may be a matter of identifying who is and who is not a part of a particular group. It makes it much harder for someone to escape from that group, easier for others to identify which group the circumcised male is affiliated with, and harder for outsiders to infiltrate.

This is a personal and painful topic for me. (Noticed this thread a few days ago). In 2002 I came face to face with the reality of what had been done to me.

Bits I remember from the documentary that influenced me so much (confirmation would be nice):

1. Arrange 3x5 (15) US quarters on the table before you. That is how much skin you have lost as an adult.

2. The foreskin tissue is specialized to have a high density of nerve endings, ergo circumcision truncates 75-85% of the total nerve endings in the penis.

3. Some kind of live image of the brain during orgasm/release. In the un-circumcised man, the entire brain flashed. In the circumcised man, barely the brain stem flashed.

4. The operation is usually performed on babies without anethesia.

Anyone know if these are right? (thanks)

Number 4 is just plain sick - rippp! What I did not see coming then were the side-effects of hypnotic regressions I was doing to pick up clues about some people who played pivotal roles in my childhood. This was 2003-2004.

I woke up in the middle of the night weeks later with vivid memories of my birth! It comforted me, I remembered the yellow paint, the Doctor, and the second room they took me to. I was shocked to learn how conscious I was in those precious moments, and how many details of the experience I remember. Lots of joy. But then the hard part came. A while later, I remembered my circumcision. In particular I remembered the metal brace, and my gruesome scab. I stayed in the hospital for four days due to another matter, so my parents left me at night, and I cried bitterly about that. Thing was, the nurse who came in one morning to open the curtains was a helper during the circumcision, and what I have to live with today is that apparently I wanted to punish her pretty harshly (lots of mirth for a baby days old).

My thought is that since circumcised men may not get full release from orgasm, circumcision may be an important factor in the incidence of sexual perversion.

So, no. I am not a fan, FWIW.

Hey Potamus. About your questions...

There is THE CIRCUMCISION REFERENCE LIBRARY:
_http://www.cirp.org/library/

There is this also from the library:

Foreskin Sexual Function/Circumcision Sexual Dysfunction:
_http://www.cirp.org/library/sex_function/

And this:

The Compulsion to Repeat the Trauma: Re-enactment, Revictimization, and Masochism
_http://www.cirp.org/library/psych/vanderkolk/

circumcision

Hello, I would like to know if anyone has an idea about the origin of circumcision Ormis the biblical story of Abraham or side allegedly hygenic?

Re: circumcision

Hello Kisito,
There are many threads where circumcision is discussed.
You can use the search function to see if certain subjects have been discussed :)

Edit: The topic has been merged.

GRiM said:
More BS from officialdom.

http://www.npr.org/blogs/health/2012/08/27/159955340/pediatricians-decide-boys-are-better-off-circumcised-than-not said:
The American Academy of Pediatrics on Monday announced its first major shift on circumcision in more than a decade, concluding that the health benefits of the procedure clearly outweigh any risks.

"There is clear evidence that supports the health benefits of circumcision," said Susan Blank, who led the 14-member task force that formulated the new policy being published in the journal Pediatrics.

The statement, and accompanying technical report, marks the first revision of the organization's position since 1999, when the academy backed away from circumcision. At that time, the group, which represents about 60,000 pediatricians nationwide, concluded that there was no clear evidence for or against circumcising newborns. The group affirmed that position in 2005.

Since then, the popularity of circumcision in the United States has declined. Only about 56 percent of newborn males are circumcised.

The academy's task force spent seven years combing through the latest research, analyzing more than a thousand studies. Their conclusion?

For starters, Blank says, circumcision helps baby boys pretty much immediately.

"The health benefits of male circumcision include a drop in the risk of urinary tract infection in the first year of life by up to 90 percent," she says.

But there's a much bigger reason to do it, Blank said. Circumcised males are far less likely to get infected with a long list of sexually transmitted diseases.

"It drops the risk of heterosexual HIV acquisition by about 60 percent. It drops the risk of human papillomavirus [HPV], herpes virus and other infectious genital ulcers," she says.

It also reduces the chances that men will spread HPV to their wives and girlfriends, protecting them from getting cervical cancer.

"We've reviewed the data and, you know, we have gone through them with a fine-tooth comb, and the data are pretty convincing," she says.

Critics, however, were not convinced. They liken the procedure to female genital mutilation.

"We have no right as parents or as physicians or adults to strap them down and chop off a normal part of their body. To do that is a human rights violation and an ethical travesty," says Georgeanne Chapin of the anti-circumcision group Intact America.

Chapin and other critics argue that the scientific evidence is questionable. For one thing, the studies about HIV have only been done in Africa, where AIDS is much more common among heterosexuals.

"They're cherry-picking their evidence," she says. "They act as though there's this huge body of literature. It's all the same couple of studies that have been regurgitated and reprogrammed. Over the past 150 years, all kinds of medical benefits have been proposed as resulting from cutting off the foreskin, and they have all been disproven."

Critics also question the safety of the procedure, saying too many boys are damaged for life by botched circumcisions.

But many experts say the academy is making the right call. They dismiss any comparison to female genital mutilation as grossly misleading and say male circumcision is about as safe as any procedure could be.

Some think the academy's position is long overdue, and that the group should have gone even further and more forcefully recommended circumcision.

"I think that all healthy newborn babies should be circumcised," says Edgar Schoen, a professor emeritus at the University of California, San Francisco. "I feel about newborn circumcision the way I do about immunization: It's a potent preventive health procedure that gives you a health advantage." [.... yeah about that]

For its part, the pediatricians group hopes the new recommendations will encourage more parents to circumcise their sons — and more insurance plans to pay for it. As Shots reported last week, a lot of state Medicaid programs have stopped covering circumcision.

"Those families who choose circumcision should have access to circumcision. Cost should not be a barrier," Blank says.

The federal Centers for Disease Control and Prevention has been promising for years now to issue the government's first guidelines about circumcision. But the CDC keeps delaying it and still has not said when that will happen.

What BETTER way to fundamentally wound a population than a permanent scar on the sexual center? My feeling is much of how we are manipulated begins there.

And wouldn't it be interesting to see statistics on the number of circumcised v noncircumcised in the system labeled sexually disordered? In America it's probably clear but in other countries???

--
Edit: Quote fix

Back
Top Bottom