Why does authority work?

If someone is more alone or doesn't have things "work out" when they are passive then they will be more active...

That's right.

My point was that:
A "competent type" accepts his role in the problem, and will be active in seeking knowledge and skills to solve it.

The "victim type" does not accept his contribution to the problem (others are to blame; god, fate, luck, people), and becomes very active in asking/to force others (looking for savio/abuser) to solve his problem (the abuser). This is where I classify those who shout in the middle of the street: "I have the right...", "Nobody can..." "Everyone must..." ( the savior).

Roughly speaking: Problem = a situation in life that is contrary to our expectation.

Roughly speaking: Problem = a situation in life that is contrary to our expectation.
I wouldn't say expectation I would say Goal or AIM. and This is where the work comes in through the 4th way it is to be done in life....

Have a goal have an aim and work towards it..."Problems" will arise and you will work on yourself while you work within life to get closer to your goal aim...

If I expect something and it doesn't happen that isnt a problem per say If I have a goal and I want to achieve meet or complete and something stops me then yes that is a problem to me. An expectation is too fleeting to be associated with a problem. A goal or objective or aim is something that is more rooted and if something comes up that pushes me farther away or gets in my way then that is a "problem" or obstacle that I have to deal with... If I expect someone to be nice or to give me something or to say a certain thing and they don't if it does not relate to my goal or aim its not a problem...it may be a disappointment or let down but those aren't "problems" to me

Problems are more serious than expectations that arent met... I don't relate the two based on my life experiences but I cant speak for everyone just myself. Some people may classify expectation that arent met as problems...But then I say what words do you use to classify serious things that stop you from DOING things you WANT to do.

Expectations arent wants IMO they are hopes...If a hope doest happen I don't really care as hopes have not happend 8.5 out of 10 times in my life.

If an obstacle comes up in my way to achieving a goal or aim then that is a problem that I have to figure out how to get around...an expectation that is not met is not a problem to get aaround its just a let down...and those happen far too often to be classified as problems.

For my sanity I can't relate mentally expectations and problems as one.

Hard to disagree with the last couple of posts, on point. Most of that applies to me as well, i have difficulties focusing on one thing and getting excited about it, getting the proper work in, even here. That's all on me, and i appreciate every response. I neglect my self-titled role of librarian in the most egregious way lately, as in not keeping records of anything. It's all out there in the field anyway but that is never an acceptable stance.

I don't particularly care about usual metrics tho, who im related to, what is happening there, career/ anything similar. None of that is relevant, the main question recently is; have i lived in a way to deserve controlling (parts of this realm) instead of something else - am i a conduit or a channel, or just an NPC..

The music is coming through me soon.

Interesting topic. As rightly members mentioned above, people in our 3d sts world are ‘demanding’ to be governed. Its ‘easier’ that way-no need to make an effort themselves in order to create optimal society structure.

Here is a parable Demon Cratius (i could not find an english text version-made a google translation):

Slowly, the slaves walked one after another, each carrying a polished stone. Four lines, each one and a half kilometers long, from the stonecutters to the place where the construction of the fortress city began, were guarded. A dozen slaves relied on one armed guard warrior.
Away from the marching slaves, on top of a thirteen-meter man-made mountain of polished stones, sat Cratius, one of the high priests; for four months, he silently observed what was happening. No one distracted him, no one, even with a glance, dared to interrupt his thoughts. Slaves and guards perceived an artificial mountain with a throne on top as an integral part of the landscape. And no one paid any attention to the person, now sitting motionless on the throne, now walking along the platform on the top of the mountain.
Cratius set himself the task of rebuilding the state, strengthening the power of the priests for a millennium, subordinating all the people of the Earth to them, making them all, including the rulers of states, slaves of the priests.
One day, Cratius went downstairs, leaving his double on the throne. The priest changed clothes, took off his wig. He ordered the head of the guard to be put in chains, like a simple slave, and placed in a line behind a young and strong slave named Nard.
Looking into the faces of the slaves, Cratius noticed that this young man had an inquisitive and evaluating look, and not a wandering or detached one, like many others. Nard's face was either concentrated, thoughtful, or excited. So he's hatching some plan of his own, the priest realized, but he wanted to be sure how accurate his observation was.
For two days, Cratius watched Nard, silently carrying stones, sat next to him during the meal and slept next to him on the bunk. On the third night, as soon as the command “Sleep” was received, Cratius turned to the young slave and in a whisper, with bitterness and despair, uttered a question addressed to someone incomprehensibly:
“Is it going to be like this for the rest of your life?”
The priest saw: the young slave shuddered and instantly turned around to face the priest, his eyes shining. They sparkled, even in the dim light of the burners of the big barracks.
“It won't be like this for long. I'm thinking of a plan. And you, old man, can also take part in it,” the young slave whispered.
- What's the plan? the priest asked indifferently and with a sigh.
Nard passionately and confidently began to explain:
“And you, old man, and I, and all of us will soon be free people, not slaves. You count, old man: for every ten slaves there is one guard. And fifteen slaves who cook food and sew clothes are also watched by one guard. If, at the appointed hour, we all attack the guard, we will defeat it. Let the guards be armed, and we be in chains. There are ten of us each, and the chains can also be used as weapons, exposing them to the blow of the sword. We will disarm all the guards, tie them up and take possession of the weapons.
“Oh, young man,” Cratius sighed again and, as if indifferently, said, “your plan is not well thought out: the guards who are watching us can be disarmed, but soon the ruler will send new ones, maybe even a whole army, and kill the rebellious slaves.
“I thought about that too, old man. We must choose a time when there will be no army. And this time is coming. We all see how the army is being prepared for the campaign. Provisions are being prepared for a three-month journey. So, in three months, the army will come to the appointed place and enter the battle. In the battle, she will weaken, but she will win, she will capture many new slaves. New barracks are already being built for them. We must begin to disarm the guards as soon as our ruler's army enters battle with another army. It will take the messengers a month to deliver a message for an immediate return. The weakened army will return for at least three months. In four months we will be able to prepare for the meeting. We will be no less than the soldiers in the army. The captured slaves will want to be with us when they see what happened. I got it right, old man.
“Yes, young man, with a plan, with your thoughts, you can disarm the guards and defeat the army,” the priest answered already encouragingly and added, “but then what will the slaves do and what will happen to the rulers, guards and soldiers?
- I thought about it a little. And while one thing comes to mind: all who were slaves will not become slaves. All those who are not slaves today will be slaves, - as if thinking aloud, Nard answered not quite confidently.
- And the priests? Tell me, young man, to the slaves or not the slaves of the priests, when you win, will you rank?
— Priests? I didn't think about that either. But now I suppose: let the priests remain as they are. They are listened to by slaves, rulers. Although it is sometimes difficult to understand them, I think they are harmless. Let them talk about the gods, but we ourselves know our own life, how best to live.

...second part for some reason is not being translated decently - i found youtube version of the text.

Reactions: sid
Definitely an entertaining section on religion, highlighting how, at least partially, its power works by making people see it as a 'harmless commodity' therefore vastly underestimating it. And on second thought that is very relevant to any 'authority process' since it happening unnoticed most of the time greatly increases its strength and grip on the (local/ global) subconscious. Hidden in plain sight yadda yadda. Historically, a large number of influential priests and 'spiritual advisors' across all religions were actually magicians/ sorcerors too, and thats where this gets very interesting.

Castaneda mentions that our minds are not our own, but he is just describing a specific set of beings influencing the latam region predominantly, or perhaps the flyers are a global phenomenon?

The world we live in is almost certainly stranger than most fiction. What that means for authority? It can come from a swathe of sources but whatever is happening, check to see if you are being you. Manipulation is the name of the game.

We very urgently need to move away from maslow based power structures, as long as controlling people is as easy as flicking buttons on a macro economic program with some quantum AI's at the back, things will get worse. The people trying to steer the ship right now think ultimate authority resides with them, and leading us into some techological valhalla is the only course. They have been captured by Sorath.

Please don't refrain from dipping into this question, its a very important one. The human tragedy according to most historical resources lands on this repeatedly, but is it true?

Thank you for the response. How come it has turned into a seemingly 'natural' thing then? Also great quote. Would integrate that into public education if i had the time, energy and stature to 'save it'.

Back
Top Bottom