What I hear in my head while sleeping.

Gravity

The Force is Strong With This One
Hey guys, I've been reading the C's stuff for about a few months and didnt join the forum until recently. So, the past week I have been reading a lot of the stuff on here and just a few days ago I had had trouble sleeping, but when I am half asleep and half awake, I can hear myself talking inside my head, but im not actually talking inside my head, im just listening, I can't remember exactly what was said but I do remember that it was related to things that are discussed on here. Except that it wasn't the C's, it was me, my voice with all this knowledge and I was just listening while my voice was talking in my head. I will have to have a notebook beside my bed so as soon as it happens, I can write it down, but as soon as im FULLY conscience, it goes away.. it's kinda like when im unconscience but at the same time conscience that this happens. And it has happened ever since I started to read the C's stuff again this past week where I would just sit at the computer and read all day. I dont know what it is, but i've read that the C's have said that we have the knowledge all within us and I was just wondering if this was it, if I had all this in my subconscience mind and maybe I could tune into it while im only half asleep, I dont know.. I would like some insight as to what you guys think or if anyone has experienced the same thing, Thanks! :)

Hi 'Gravity',

It sounds like what you're experiencing is Hypnagogia:

_http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hypnagogia

There are several threads that mention this phenomena already. Just do a search on the entire forum for 'hypnagogia'.

And yes, I have experienced this myself many times throughout my life although it is often random and fleeting.

If this is your subconscious coming through in a semi-conscious state, I would be highly critical of anything that comes through just because it bypasses your critical faculties. I believe that is why the Ouija board is recommended as a channeling device because users stay in in a critical conscious state while channeling as opposed to falling into trance. Even then, this is not recommended for the faint of heart without adequate preparation. I'm no expert on channeling, but this is just what I've gathered.

You are correct that knowledge is "within us", but to discover this knowledge we must first dig through layers of programs, buffers, and other psychological artifacts before anything resembling objective knowledge came come through. Are you familiar with the "Work" as it's discussed on these forums?

Ryan

Hello Gravity, welcome to the forum.

Gravity said:
I've been reading the C's stuff for about a few months....

Not quite sure what you mean by "the C's stuff". Have you read Laura's Wave series yet, or any of her other works?

:)

RyanX said:
Hi 'Gravity',

There are several threads that mention this phenomena already. Just do a search on the entire forum for 'hypnagogia'.

And yes, I have experienced this myself many times throughout my life although it is often random and fleeting.

If this is your subconscious coming through in a semi-conscious state, I would be highly critical of anything that comes through just because it bypasses your critical faculties. I believe that is why the Ouija board is recommended as a channeling device because users stay in in a critical conscious state while channeling as opposed to falling into trance. Even then, this is not recommended for the faint of heart without adequate preparation. I'm no expert on channeling, but this is just what I've gathered.

You are correct that knowledge is "within us", but to discover this knowledge we must first dig through layers of programs, buffers, and other psychological artifacts before anything resembling objective knowledge came come through. Are you familiar with the "Work" as it's discussed on these forums?

Ryan

Ok, Thank you. What you wrote does sound pretty right.. I will look up 'Hypnagogia' and read about it to see if this is what I am experiencing :)
Ok, Thank you. What you wrote does sound pretty right.. I will look up 'Hypnagogia' and read about it to see if this is what I am experiencing :)
PepperFritz said:
Hello Gravity, welcome to the forum.

Gravity said:
I've been reading the C's stuff for about a few months....

Not quite sure what you mean by "the C's stuff". Have you read Laura's Wave series yet, or any of her other works?

Oh, I mean the channelling information the C's have gaven us. Yes, I am actually currently reading it the wave series, hopefully I will be done soon and I have also read different topics on the site map and on the forum, I have read the "Law of One" and curently listening to the "Bringers of the Dawn" chanellings as well :)

RyanX said:
Hi 'Gravity',

Ryan

I looked at the wikipedia page and it from it says, you can experiance sounds such as banging and knocking, imagery and so fourth, but I didnt experiance any of that, I just heard my own voice in my head, talking but I wasnt the one saying it, like I said, I was just listening. I couldnt find anything that said in there about voices only imagery and loud sounds.. unless maybe I missed something?

Gravity said:
I mean the channelling information the C's have gaven us. Yes, I am actually currently reading it the wave series....

Okay, so I gather that you have been reading the Cassiopaea session transcripts on their own, and not within the context of Laura's work. Please note that we strongly dissuade people from doing that, because in our experience they frequently misunderstand them and/or project their own beliefs and biases onto them. Therefore I'm very glad to hear that you have started to read Laura's Wave series, in order to get fuller background and contextual information with which to understand the sessions. We also recommend that new members try to read the Wave before wading too far in with posting, as the ideas and concepts presented in that work form the basis for most discussions on the forum. In the meantime, it's a good idea to bookmark the Cassiopaea Esoteric Glossary and the Cassiopedia, as they are very useful references that can be used when you encounter concepts/terminology that you may not be familiar with. They should be consulted before posting questions on the forum; also remember to use the forum's "Search" function to see whether your question might have been posed/responded to previously.

The ideas of Gurdjieff are integral to this forum. If you're not familiar with Gurdjieff, you can read some basic information about his 4th Way teaching, generally referred to here as "the Work", by clicking on the links in this paragraph. It is a method of self-examination recommended to and practiced by most members of this forum, as a way of seeing ourselves, others, and the world around us from the perspective of OBJECTIVITY, rather through the distorting prism of our own SUBJECTIVITY -- i.e., our emotional issues, programs, mechanical behaviour, buffers, sacred cows, and wishful thinking. The Work benefits from active participation in a group/network like this, where others also involved in the Work can provide feedback and act as a mirror in which we can see ourselves more clearly.

You'll also find frequent references on the forum to the "Big Four" psychology books, which are extremely helpful tools towards acquiring a basic understanding of your own "machine". Should you decide to explore those books at some point in the future, Laura suggests that they be read in the following order: The Myth of Sanity by Martha Stout; The Narcissistic Family by Stephanie Donaldson-Pressman & Robert M. Pressman; Trapped in The Mirror by Elan Goulomb; and Unholy Hungers by Barbara Hort.

Welcome again. I look forward to interacting with you.

Gravity said:
And it has happened ever since I started to read the C's stuff again this past week where I would just sit at the computer and read all day.

Hi Gravity. My impression, based on how you are describing this, is that you might not have enough background context in which to put the things you are reading. Maybe your mind is simply attempting to process the information the best it can without having a lot to link it to.

Buddy said:
Gravity said:
And it has happened ever since I started to read the C's stuff again this past week where I would just sit at the computer and read all day.

Hi Gravity. My impression, based on how you are describing this, is that you might not have enough background context in which to put the things you are reading. Maybe your mind is simply attempting to process the information the best it can without having a lot to link it to.

Hey buddy, I don't think it is that.. it seems I gave the impression that I havn't read a lot of the C's and Lauras research in which I have and also done my own :) As I precived it, it felt like it wasn't trying to 'process' it but rather was just information just flowing, it's very hard to explain. It would only happen if I was half sleeping, but it wasnt a dream either because there was no imagery or anything and I remember opening my eyes a little and seeing the ceiling. Maybe I am just making a big fuss out of nothing :scared:

Gravity said:
Hey buddy, I don't think it is that.. it seems I gave the impression that I havn't read a lot of the C's and Lauras research in which I have and also done my own :) As I precived it, it felt like it wasn't trying to 'process' it but rather was just information just flowing, it's very hard to explain. It would only happen if I was half sleeping, but it wasnt a dream either because there was no imagery or anything and I remember opening my eyes a little and seeing the ceiling. Maybe I am just making a big fuss out of nothing :scared:

I suppose the question at this point is what do you think it was? Do you think you were accessing an objective stream of information? Having read Laura's research, then you would know that until one has developed some state of Being (and even after) that one is wide open to all sorts of influences and downloads that are not beneficial, nor harmless. I suppose my question, since you seem to be resisting the input of others to question your own impressions about this, is - do you think this was/is a positive experience and if so, why?

anart said:
I suppose the question at this point is what do you think it was? Do you think you were accessing an objective stream of information? Having read Laura's research, then you would know that until one has developed some state of Being (and even after) that one is wide open to all sorts of influences and downloads that are not beneficial, nor harmless. I suppose my question, since you seem to be resisting the input of others to question your own impressions about this, is - do you think this was/is a positive experience and if so, why?

Well, it isn't that I am "resisting" because I really like the input of others, that's why I posted it on here to see if anyone could help :) I honestly don't know if it was a positive experience or an illusion or whatever you may call it, but I felt as if maybe there was a little of significance to it so the next time this happens, I will be sure to try to write down the bits and peices I can get from listening to myself when half asleep and post it here to see what you guys think. I was jus looking for maybe an explanation for this as to why this may be happening to me. What is your suggestion, anart? I would be glad to hear it! :D

Gravity said:
Well, it isn't that I am "resisting" because I really like the input of others, that's why I posted it on here to see if anyone could help :) I honestly don't know if it was a positive experience or an illusion or whatever you may call it, but I felt as if maybe there was a little of significance to it so the next time this happens, I will be sure to try to write down the bits and peices I can get from listening to myself when half asleep and post it here to see what you guys think. I was jus looking for maybe an explanation for this as to why this may be happening to me. What is your suggestion, anart? I would be glad to hear it! :D

Well, considering the state of consciousness when this happens, I would agree with RyanX, that it is hypnagogic. Even if it weren't, it's been my experience that when a 'phenomenon' happens, it's wisest to simply note it and move on. The goal is not the phenomenon that may or may not happen as one begins to awaken - the goal is awakening and there are LOT of distractions along the way. fwiw.

anart said:
Well, considering the state of consciousness when this happens, I would agree with RyanX, that it is hypnagogic. Even if it weren't, it's been my experience that when a 'phenomenon' happens, it's wisest to simply note it and move on. The goal is not the phenomenon that may or may not happen as one begins to awaken - the goal is awakening and there are LOT of distractions along the way. fwiw.

That actually makes me feel better and I can agree with you on this and this may very well be the reason - that maybe it is a distraction along the way. There is good advice on this forum and im glad I can be apart of it :)

Gravity said:
I dont know what it is, but i've read that the C's have said that we have the knowledge all within us and I was just wondering if this was it, if I had all this in my subconscience mind and maybe I could tune into it while im only half asleep,

Could you quote where the Cs say we "have the knowledge all within us.." ???

Perhaps Gravity was remembering this passage?

"A: Absolutely don't let others distract you. You have suffered
many attempts at distraction away from truth. Now follow
some proclamations: Pause. All there is is lessons. This is one
infinite school. There is no other reason for anything to exist.
Even inanimate matter learns it is all an "Illusion." Each
individual possesses all of creation within their minds.
Now,
contemplate for a moment. Each soul is all powerful and can
create or destroy all existence if know how. You and us and
all others are interconnected by our mutual possession of all
there is. You may create alternative universes if you wish and
dwell within. You are all a duplicate of the universe within
which you dwell. Your mind represents all that exists. It is
"fun" to see how much you can access."

Laura said:
Could you quote where the Cs say we "have the knowledge all within us.." ???

12-09-95
Q: (L) Carlos Castaneda talks about the "Eagle's emanations," the Eagle being, I suppose, Prime Creator that emanates down through all the densities, and that the Nagual who can "see," sees the Eagle as a large black and white object. Are they seeing the source, or are they seeing something on just another density?
A: Source? There is no such thing. You are Prime Creator.
Q: (L) But that is so esoteric... I am talking about...
A: The point is: stop filling your consciousness with monotheistic philosophies planted long ago to imprison your being. Can't you see it by now, after all you have learned, that there is no source, there is no leader, there is no basis, there is no overseer, etc... You literally possess, within your consciousness profile, all the power that exists within all of creation!?! You absolutely have all that exists, ever has, or ever will, contained within your mind. All you have to do is learn how to use it, and at that moment, you will literally, literally, be all that is, was, and ever will be!!!!!!!!
Q: (L) That is all fine and dandy and sounds wonderful, except for one little item. You also say that the monotheistic concepts were IMPOSED on us to prevent us from knowing this. So, if we are all that is, how can something exist that can impose something so unpleasant on us?
A: Choices follow desire based imbalances.
Q: (L) If that is the case, why can't any one just turn off the lights, end the illusion, and everything becomes nothing?
A: Well, first of all, everything does not become nothing. Secondly, some have already become everything.

Back
Top Bottom