What globe? Flat Earth and Flat-Earthers

Well, I read this piece and was not impressed. That whole "elite families" business is a dead giveaway to serious nonsense. Geeze, talk about "discredit-by-association"!!!

I say this mainly because I've been doing genealogy for about 20 years now - sometimes heavy duty research into families - and I can tell ya that just because a person is a member of a certain family that does not mean they are politically or religiously or any other way "in cahoots" with some political/religious/other agenda. Geeze, that is pretty much the whole David Icke schtick!
I agree. Miles Mathis is way too obsessive about tracing geneologies and drawing inferences from what he finds in family histories, especially with regard to apparently Jewish ancestry and the British peerage. It is not credible to me, either, that simply having certain ancestors implies any proof of family conspiracy. I'm quite willing to believe that people can be self-serving and opportunistic without having been trained into that by their immediate families and other relatives, and that not everything is programmed by the spooks. I don't refer to Miles Mathis's writing very often, for that reason. But his views are always interesting.
However, having said that, I DO agree that the Flat Earth business is some sort of psy-op though whether it is intentionally so from the conscious level of the perpetrators, it's hard to tell. One thing we've learned is that people can be programmed simply by growing up in their families/societies without any need for any covert input.
Yeah, it's impossible to guess what the Flat Earth foolishness is all about, but it seems safe to ignore it.

Now there is a documentary in which they "prove" that the Earth is flat:

Over 1 million clicks!:scared:

Over 1 million clicks!:scared:

At least in America the millenial generation is much more likely to think the earth is flat, or to at least entertain doubts that it's spherical. Here are the results of a February 2018 YouGov poll of 8,215 US adults, broken down by age and whether or not respondents believe the Earth is flat, round, are skeptical or unsure:

https%3A%2F%2Fblogs-images.forbes.com%2Ftrevornace%2Ffiles%2F2018%2F04%2Fflat-earth-americans-believe-1200x714.jpg

Only 66% of those in the 18-24 age range have always believed the world is round, while the rest are increasingly 'skeptical,' unsure, or have always believed it's flat. No wonder Flat Earth documentaries receive so many views. :umm:

:umm: Crazy!

About a month ago, I came across an article that talked about Flat Earthers thinking that Australia doesn't exist... I found this FB post that was posted a couple weeks back:

Sometimes it's really difficult to tell whether posts on pages like these are meant to be sarcastic or not. Quite sad if anyone believes Australia doesn't exist!

It's kind of interesting to me that flat earthers seem to just take the fact that the earth appears "flat" from their vantage point at face value. Such a view is quite a naive form of realism. On the other hand, they are capable of such fantastical mental gymnastics about the conspiracies of scientists, government space programs, telecommunications, pilots, engineers, and mountaineers to suppress information about the shape of the earth (to protect public knowledge of what, exactly?)

It very much made me think of the mental gymnastics of postmodernists in using every possible conclusion from semiotics, anthropology, quantum physics, and so on to deny the simple fact that reality is accessible by humans in some fashion.

The chief distinction is that flat earthers are at the very least trying to explain why what is actually true doesn't match what they visually see. Postmodernists on the other hand are going as far as to, at least theoretically, deny the reality of their own senses! As Detmer says in "Challenging Postmodernism," they of course cannot practically live by this philosophy, so their belief system is inherently schizophrenic in that mind and body are divided in their beliefs.

There almost seems to be an analogy to materialists here as well, or at least those who deny that consciousness exists. to state that consciousness doesn't exist is to more or less state that information does not exist either, since information by definition requires a perceiver.

From that perspective, I'd say the flat earthers are less schizoidal than the postmodernists or anti-consciousness materialists, if only because they're not trying to prove the less obscure/uncertain by the more obscure/uncertain. What's obvoius to them is the earth is flat; what is less obvious are all the reasons the earth is round. In the end the round earth is the far more parsimonious explanation. But at the very least they're not denying some fundamental aspect of our phenomenology or ontology (like the materialists or postmodernists). They just don't know how to weigh evidence properly.

Sometimes it's really difficult to tell whether posts on pages like these are meant to be sarcastic or not. Quite sad if anyone believes Australia doesn't exist!
It must be a joke - or they've been blatantly compromised (on top of already being compromised by definition) They must have Australian 'Flat Earther' members... Is their existence denied too? Why would New Zealand exist yet Australia not?... And what difference does the existence/non-existence of Australia at all make for the argument for/against "Flat Earth"? Even by Flat Earther standards its non-sensical.

Honestly, never met anyone who believes in flat earth, but maybe they haven't come out of a closet yet? Is this like very intimate topic, and we're not there yet in our relationship?:lol::lol::lol:

11:59 AM, Nov 15, 2018
It's one of the first things you learn in school, from the moment you spin that globe at the front of the classroom. The Earth is a sphere rotating on an axis and revolving around the sun.

But if you ask a self-described "flat-Earther," everything about that statement is false, or at the very least, it's never been proven.

"Most of us would say the same thing, that we laughed at this, we thought this was ridiculous, we believed in the globe," said Robbie Davidson, founder and organizer of the Flat Earth International Conference in Denver this week.

But he said his views changed about three years ago, when he started questioning and investigating for himself.
"When it comes down to it we’re finding out that a lot of what we’re being taught these days is more theoretical science," he said. "You can’t apply it under the scientific method."

Flat-Earth believers reject Eratosthenes and Aristotle, Neil deGrasse Tyson and NASA. They do not believe people ever went to the moon, or that there are any real images taken from space.

"It’s a picture — pictures can be doctored," Davidson said.

He said he came to this conclusion from a Christian creationist viewpoint. He believes in a flat Earth, enclosed by a sort of dome, or firmament, that encompasses everything we can observe in the sky.

He said while he doesn't believe there's a vast government conspiracy trying to hide the truth, he believes mainstream science takes an atheistic view that deliberately hides any creator.

But not all flat-Earth subscribers are religious. Some come to the conferences seeking the science, others enjoy learning about conspiracy theories. Davidson said nowadays, there are a lot of skeptics and more people are questioning what they've been taught.

"When you start seeing pilots and engineers and people of all different walks of life coming out, something is going on," he said.

The Flat Earth International 2018 Conference in Denver is the second such conference Davidson has put on in the U.S. this year. He said Denver has a large flat-Earth community. On sites like Meetup, you can find groups in Fort Collins, Denver and Colorado Springs that hold regular meetings to discuss flat Earth theories.

Davidson said he expects more than 600 people to attend the conference Thursday and Friday. He estimates 80 percent of attendees are already believers. The list of speakers includes the author of the book, "Flat Earth, Flat Wrong," who will engage in a live debate with a flat-Earth believer.

"I just encourage people to come out with a bit of an open mind, laugh for a bit because I laughed at this, but keep an open mind and hear what’s presented," he said. "And I’ll tell you, it’s wild."

:umm: Crazy!

About a month ago, I came across an article that talked about Flat Earthers thinking that Australia doesn't exist... I found this FB post that was posted a couple weeks back:

I'm posting from Australia. Therefore it exists.
I posit that Flat Earthers perceive the Earth to be flat because they are viewing it in two dimensions.
A three dimensional sphere will appear flat when viewed in two dimensions.
Just as we three dimensional beings view Saturn as being hexagonal, it is our view of a four dimensional object, or an object in Fourth Density if you will.
It's a speshul case.

The best thing is when "flat-earthers" make experiment in order to prove "the Earth is flat", but in stead of that they discover Earth's curvature. 😂

Nice article about the same is published here:

-https://www.iflscience.com/physics/flat-earthers-end-up-proving-that-the-earth-is-round-in-new-documentary/?utm_referrer=https%3A%2F%2Fzen.yandex.com

A new documentary called “Behind The Curve” has recently been released on Netflix, looking into the people of the Flat Earth movement and how they end up believing such an outlandish idea.
The film has received positive reviews, with critics commenting on how it focuses on the human side of the movement, rather than dismissing them. Many viewers have enjoyed a particular clip from the documentary, where a flat-Earther proves that the Earth is not flat live on camera. In the immortal words of Meryl Streep: “These are the moments that make life worth living”.
In the clip, a flat-Earther named Jeran from a group known as Globebusters set up a simple experiment to prove that the Earth is flat. He used two boards, both with a hole at a height of 5.18 meters (17 feet) above water level, a camera, and another person by the name of Henrique holding a torch at the same height and aligned with the holes.
If the Earth was flat, no matter how far Henrique was, the light would come through the holes. But on a spherical Earth, there’s the curvature to consider. Given Henrique’s distance from the holes, he would have to position the light above his head (7 meters/23 feet above the water level) for it to be seen.
When the experiment began, the light didn’t appear on camera. A perplexed Jeran radioed Henrique to confirm the height of the light at 5.18 meters (17 feet) above sea level. On a flat Earth, he should be seeing the light. He then asked Henrique to lift the light above his head. Lo and behold, the light shined through.
“That’s interesting,” Jeran commented.
And you know what? It is interesting. This experimental set up has been a staple of flat-Earthers since 1836, when Samuel Birley Rowbotham first did it on the Old Bedford River. Time and time again, it has revealed the curvature of the Earth. Still, it is important to continue to repeat classic experiments as repetition is one of the cornerstones of science.

I try not to believe, I try to only use facts to see what the possibilities may be.
These facts tend to make me think current beliefs systems are perhaps wrong.
  1. Military personnel are required by law to lie about secrets. The first person and perhaps the only non-military person to go to space, Auguste Picard said: " It seemed a flat disk with upturned edges"
  2. Pendulums put into mines; the top is closer and the bottom is farther apart. https://blogs.mtu.edu/physics/2000/01/mtu-physics-department-history-1901-1916/
  3. Picard's view of a flatter slightly concave shape and a domed firmament explain why celestial navigation was needed to travel. The curved surface is still there, but concave instead of convex.
  4. Nasa admits that it cannot currently get through the van allen belt. Electronics would fail etc. Impossible to do with 1969 battery and electronics technology; far below today's cell phones. Do the math volts, amps, battery capabilities etc.
  5. Nasa uses balloons to put things up there, It has been doing so since 1950's and still does. This could partly explain the huge helium depletion on the earth.
  6. With advances in technology available to the average person we are seeing discrepancies in what we are told about space.
7. Even NASA's own footage shows us space is not what we are told to believe.
Those objects behind a 12 mile tether are impossible; if you believe what is told.
8. NASA says we can only fly in low orbit.

Back
Top Bottom