Weird Dream

knowledge_of_self

The Living Force
Hi Group:

I had a really strange dream the other night that I thought I should share because I can't stop thinking about it.

In the dream I was in an apartment (in waking life I live in a big house-so I don't know where I was but I had a feeling it was home) cooking something, and whatever it was it was in a boiling pot of water. As I was cooking all of a sudden something fell into the pot of boiling water that resembled very much a door handle. I don't really know where it came from it just fell in there. I fished it out-and I remember that I became very frustrated that this thing fell into my pot, so I threw it out of the window. About a minute after I had done this action, a girl came into the apartment holding the handle and asked me if I was the one who threw it out of the window. In the dream, I knew for some reason that this girl was someone from the forum.

I admitted to her that it was me who threw the handle out of the window. She became kind of mad at me and said something like,

"Well next time- you might want to be a little more externally considerate when you through things like this out of the window. It hit Beau right over the head you know!"

I said that I was very sorry and asked if she thought I should come out and apologize to Beau. She looked very frustrated at me, like she has lost a lot of patience with me and she started walking away saying, "No, there is no point! Just don't do it again!"

That was the first part of the dream.

In the second part of the dream, we were on a big bus (like Greyhound) with lots of people that seemed to be forum members. Ark was there with a clip-boar and seemed to be taking attendance. All of a sudden a guy walked in on the bus that seemed very out of place and started to ask me to get off with him and go out for a cup of coffee, because the bus wasn't leaving yet. I kept telling him that I didn't want to get off, and in fact I had a fianc

Im no interpreter of dreams,thought i would mention that last night i had a dream where i was with the SOTT crew somewhere. I was outside in a garden and putting on a white shirt. That in itself is unusual i NEVER wear shirts with buttons on,i wear only tee shirts or long sleeved shirts,polo necks, sweaters etc.

Some folks where going out to buy cigarettes and being in need of some myself tagged along.

A member of the SOTT crew wanted to buy a guitar, and at a wierd rectangle shaped shop which was almost entirely empty of stock,showed me the instrument that they where interested in.

This guitar was like no guitar i had ever seen. it was the shape of a peanut,the shell,and had no strings,though one played and got a tune from it by strumming it as if it did have strings. And then i woke up.

strange

Hi Nina,
The first thought that came into my mind upon reading your dream was that it reminded me of the warning dreams I and I believe it was Dominique had about EsoQuest. I'm sorry I'm not able to post that particular thread at the moment, but it was the Definition of User one. The second part of the dream especially seemed like someone may try to infiltrate the forum and Ark in the dream was aware of just how serious that could be, hence his anger and response to you. I'm not sure about the first part though, that may pertain to some personal warning to you? Anyway, FWIW, these are just some thoughts that came to mind.

manitoban said:
Hi Nina,
The first thought that came into my mind upon reading your dream was that it reminded me of the warning dreams I and I believe it was Dominique had about EsoQuest. I'm sorry I'm not able to post that particular thread at the moment, but it was the Definition of User one. The second part of the dream especially seemed like someone may try to infiltrate the forum and Ark in the dream was aware of just how serious that could be, hence his anger and response to you. I'm not sure about the first part though, that may pertain to some personal warning to you? Anyway, FWIW, these are just some thoughts that came to mind.
Hi Manitoban.

I have to admit that the first thought that came to my mind about the second part of my dream was the whole EQ situation as well. I know exactly which thread you are talking about. The first part of the dream really has me puzzled though.

Thanks a lot for your input; it kind of seconded my own. :)
Nina

knowledge_of_self said:
I have to admit that the first thought that came to my mind about the second part of my dream was the whole EQ situation as well. I know exactly which thread you are talking about. The first part of the dream really has me puzzled though.
Nina
Yeah, the first part is puzzling! You threw a handle (presumably off a door) out the window. Why? Besides, if a door doesn't have a handle, how are you going to use it? People (yourself included) can't use the door.

And it went straight out the window and hit Beau on the head. What was he doing out there anyway? :/

And yet, this 'handle' was returned to you by someone other than the person hit by it. Bizzaro. With a good 'telling off' into the bargain. It may very well be a warning dream about your actions regarding a 'missed clue' or a warning about the actions of the people around you. But taking a step back, I was surprised that its always other people who are 'telling you off' or saving you from a bad situation. Its almost like you couldn't work it out for yourself and even when you did work it out for yourself, you couldn't do anything about it. Strange. Just my 2 subjective cents worth! :o

The door handle is interesting. Considering the fact that the forum members, including poor 'noggin' hit' Beau were outside, I wonder if the handle dropped into your pot of boiling water (your life) to allow you to go toward the people in, or the mindset of, the forum - to open that door. You threw the handle out the window and got reprimanded, probably by some part of yourself.

Another possibility is that the handle represents a grip - in casual English vernacular, to have a grip on something, to have a handle on something, is to 'understand it', or 'understand it enough to control it or have it under control to be able to utilize it'
- so there was an understanding presented to you in your home, (or your mind in the dream world), this 'understanding' dropped into your pot of boiling water, which could represent your life, or your creative capacity, your cauldron - you didn't recognize it as an understanding and tossed it out the window. The fact that it hit Beau in the head would seem to indicate that this understanding is directly related to this group of people or this forum.

So, not knowing the details of your life lately, it would be hard to link what happened in the dream directly to your waking thoughts, but there is definitely some very interesting symbolism involved.

I also think that there is a possibility that you were being 'messed with' in some way by the guy who tried to get you off of the bus (and this may be related to the marks on your leg) - Ark's harsh approach to this person resulting in your protection from him may simply be a representation of your recognition that the information you may gain through this source is the protection you need from those who would devour, or have been devouring, you. 'Ark' in this dream may have been the personification of all the knowledge available in these pages and through working with these people. FWIW.

the rabbit said:
Im no interpreter of dreams,thought i would mention that last night i had a dream where i was with the SOTT crew somewhere. I was outside in a garden and putting on a white shirt. That in itself is unusual i NEVER wear shirts with buttons on,i wear only tee shirts or long sleeved shirts,polo necks, sweaters etc.

Some folks where going out to buy cigarettes and being in need of some myself tagged along.

A member of the SOTT crew wanted to buy a guitar, and at a wierd rectangle shaped shop which was almost entirely empty of stock,showed me the instrument that they where interested in.

This guitar was like no guitar i had ever seen. it was the shape of a peanut,the shell,and had no strings,though one played and got a tune from it by strumming it as if it did have strings. And then i woke up.

strange
There's two references to earning an income here. One says that you are in the process of 'putting the shirt on your back'. Which (to me) means that your 'circumstances' have improved, or are about to improve, probably quite significantly, definately a lot more than anything done in the past.

The other reference is the is the peanut instrument. Kind of says to me that the SOTT team (and particularly the one that showed you the guitar) feels like they are 'playing for peanuts', and there are 'no strings attached' to their instrument. I understand the frustration associated with not being able to make headway with one's ecconomic situation - something that was mentioned on a recent podcast. The frustation must be building to say the least, particularly in the member who showed you this guitar. They may be even wondering if it is all worth it.

You may even be being asked to participate more fully with SOTT in some endeavour, in the future. :)

Ruth said:
Kind of says to me that the SOTT team (and particularly the one that showed you the guitar) feels like they are 'playing for peanuts', and there are 'no strings attached' to their instrument. I understand the frustration associated with not being able to make headway with one's ecconomic situation - something that was mentioned on a recent podcast. The frustation must be building to say the least, particularly in the member who showed you this guitar. They may be even wondering if it is all worth it.
Wow, Ruth, I think that might sum up your opinion of the SotT team's work more than theirs - especially that last sentence.

As silly as it might sound in comparison, I actually got a vague organic or 'food' feeling from the peanut image and linked it to something natural and creative in and of itself, without needing 'strings' - perhaps something alive - but definitely something positive - but, then again, that's just the impression I got, so who knows?

KoS said:
In the dream I was in an apartment (in waking life I live in a big house-so I don't know where I was but I had a feeling it was home) cooking something
The Matrix. Metaphore of reality. "Home". Cage.

KoS said:
As I was cooking all of a sudden something fell into the pot of boiling water that resembled very much a door handle. I fished it out-and I remember that I became very frustrated that this thing fell into my pot, so I threw it out of the window.
All of the sudden, you were cooking in your cauldrion this something: A door handle, which is what you use to open a door. But you threw it away! Why? It it too much for you, or you don't feel your self ready to open the door and step out from the appartment, perhaps?

It hit Beau = Perhaps by this rejection you felt you hurted the source this forum is.

I think the girl was Anne. I don't know why. And she said: "Don't do it again" -don't throw "things like this" over the window again, ok that, Nina?

KoS said:
All of a sudden a guy walked in on the bus that seemed very out of place and started to ask me to get off with him and go out for a cup of coffee, because the bus wasn't leaving yet.
I also thought about EQ, but only on a second thought. My very first thought was just what you said it was: A guy "out of place" (aka, "out of window"). But your first thought was about EQ. I think the guy in your dream is an energy with the same function as EQ's.

Now those marks on your knee... I cannot make anything of it beyond the evident interpretation you were visited and perhaps put a fight aginst an abduction.

Totally agree with Anne's take on Ark's function. And her take on the boiling water being your cauldrion gived me the next clue: The guy out of place was inviting you to drink a water opposite to the clear one boiling on your cauldrion: Black.

KoS said:
All of a sudden, Ark came to the front of the bus (where I was sitting)
Youre on the Bus, on the first row! Youre ready! Try to find out why you throwed the door handle. Have you think about applying to QFS?

the rabbit said:
i NEVER wear shirts with buttons on,i wear only tee shirts or long sleeved shirts,polo necks, sweaters etc.
Your heart is open for this source. Your sincerity is sincere, meybe?

the rabbit said:
had no strings,though one played and got a tune from it by strumming it as if it did have strings
Hyperdimentional information coming in without "strings". Do you think you were "tunned" with the Tune in some manner?

My 2 cents.

PD: Nina can you describe the guy?

Ruth Wrote;
There's two references to earning an income here. One says that you are in the process of 'putting the shirt on your back'. Which (to me) means that your 'circumstances' have improved, or are about to improve, probably quite significantly, definately a lot more than anything done in the past.

Hi Ruth
Now that you put it this way, i can see how that is a possability. Things are certainly heading in that direction slowly ,and hopefully surely.

Ruth Wrote;
The other reference is the is the peanut instrument. Kind of says to me that the SOTT team (and particularly the one that showed you the guitar) feels like they are 'playing for peanuts', and there are 'no strings attached' to their instrument.

Patrick;
Well it was actually me who attempted to play the instrument,my advise was being asked as to whether it was a guitar worth their interest, or so it seems. Regarding no strings attached,now that is a diffirent thing all together, it has a diffirent meaning to me now.of course,and i see that as positive in some way.

When i have played for cash in the past it definitely was not for peanuts.

Thanks Ruth.

Art wrote;
your heart is open for this source. Your sincerity is sincere, meybe?

Hi Art
Well i sincerely hope it is,thanks.

Anart Wrote;
I actually got a vague organic or 'food' feeling from the peanut image and linked it to something natural and creative in and of itself, without needing 'strings' - perhaps something alive - but definitely something positive - but, then again, that's just the impression I got, so who knows?

Hi Anne
Interesting interpretation, i awoke feeling positive ,the dream in no way left me feeling low in anyway.

thanks

Hi All:
Thanks for your responses; I will respond to all of you below.

Ruth said:
Yeah, the first part is puzzling! You threw a handle (presumably off a door) out the window. Why? Besides, if a door doesn't have a handle, how are you going to use it? People (yourself included) can't use the door.
No, the handle was not from a door of any sort. It literally came out of nowhere and fell into the pot of the boiling water. And to describe it a little bit more, it wasn't a round door handle it resembled the shape of the handle in the picture blow:
dream_handle2.jpg

(but there was just a silver handle in my dream)

I never felt trapped in the apartment, and I knew it wasn't the door handle of the apartment. I remember thinking in the dream after I threw out the handle, that was weird where did that handle come from, and all of a sudden the girl entered. And so in the dream I knew that it wasn't the apartment door handle.

anart said:
The door handle is interesting. Considering the fact that the forum members, including poor 'noggin' hit' Beau were outside, I wonder if the handle dropped into your pot of boiling water (your life) to allow you to go toward the people in, or the mindset of, the forum - to open that door. You threw the handle out the window and got reprimanded, probably by some part of yourself.
Anart, you have defenetly given me somethings to think about, and I thank you. Your assessment about the 'cauldron of life' and the girl that may have something to do with a part of my self really 'resonate' with what I have picked up from the dream.

anart said:
Another possibility is that the handle represents a grip - in casual English vernacular, to have a grip on something, to have a handle on something, is to 'understand it', or 'understand it enough to control it or have it under control to be able to utilize it'
- so there was an understanding presented to you in your home, (or your mind in the dream world), this 'understanding' dropped into your pot of boiling water, which could represent your life, or your creative capacity, your cauldron - you didn't recognize it as an understanding and tossed it out the window. The fact that it hit Beau in the head would seem to indicate that this understanding is directly related to this group of people or this forum.

So, not knowing the details of your life lately, it would be hard to link what happened in the dream directly to your waking thoughts, but there is definitely some very interesting symbolism involved.
This is an interesting take. Right now, I am going through what I think maybe a 'big' change in my life. My partner Nima and I have been working really hard, trying to set up an animation studio for a while now. There have been some difficulties, but we are starting to see some progress that we hope will tremendously help with the group here. I think this factor has a lot to do with this dream, because that is a big part of what has been on my mind in the 'wake' world.

anart said:
I also think that there is a possibility that you were being 'messed with' in some way by the guy who tried to get you off of the bus (and this may be related to the marks on your leg) - Ark's harsh approach to this person resulting in your protection from him may simply be a representation of your recognition that the information you may gain through this source is the protection you need from those who would devour, or have been devouring, you. 'Ark' in this dream may have been the personification of all the knowledge available in these pages and through working with these people. FWIW.
Thanks very much Anne your assessment of the dream has helped me very much. I also think this guy had something to do with skewing me from the 'work', and I think the bus was a symbol for the group here, and the journey we are taking. Ark is the teacher on the bus, so I think your thought is correct about Ark representing knowledge. After all, in a 'real' class a teacher is the source of knowledge for those who are attending the class.

Art said:
The Matrix. Metaphore of reality. "Home". Cage.
This is interesting, yes the apartment probably does represent a cage in the matrix reality.

Art said:
All of the sudden, you were cooking in your cauldrion this something: A door handle, which is what you use to open a door. But you threw it away! Why? It it too much for you, or you don't feel your self ready to open the door and step out from the appartment, perhaps?

It hit Beau = Perhaps by this rejection you felt you hurted the source this forum is.

I think the girl was Anne. I don't know why. And she said: "Don't do it again" -don't throw "things like this" over the window again, ok that, Nina?
Well as I said before the door handle didn't have anything to do with me actually leaving the apartment, because it wasn't the apartment door handle. But it was a handle of some sort, and that makes me think that it represents a way to open something, or a new path, or something like that. Since a handle is normally used to open something that leads to something.

Hitting Beau really does seem like my decision will affect this group in some way.

It is interesting that you think that girl is Anne. Do you mean Anart? If you do, I don't think so, because I think if it was Anne I would know it. I knew I hit Beau on the head, and I didn't even see Beau. She brought about a feeling like, she is from the forum, but not someone I know. Anne is someone who I have sort of gotten to 'know' because of the years of interacting, so I feel that in the dream I would know Anne. Also another thing that made me think it is not Anne is because the girl in the dream didn't act like what I think Anart would act like, the girl in the dream seemed more impatient. It seems as though she had lost patience with me. Because when I asked if I should go apologize, she was like "pppfffff...No! There is no point! Just don't do it again!" I don't think Anart would say it the way she did. But then again, it could be anybody, who knows?

Art said:
PD: Nina can you describe the guy?
The guy was really slobby, and scrubby. He seemed like he had just gotten out of bed. He had really messy blond hair, and his front teeth were kind of crooked. When I say he seemed out of place, it was because we on the bus were ready to go on some sort of trip, so we were all wearing normal out-door clothing, like for hiking and stuff like that.

Again, thanks all of you for your input.

Nina

I did not think the girl was Anne because of the (now I know) impatient way the girl said what she said. I also think Anne is a very patient person. I thought the girl could be Anne because of the clear and straightforward manner she appeared in your dream, and this is in coincidence with the way I preceive Anne, fact that I appreciate on her.

I also connected the girl with Anne because of the appearance of Beau: Both moderators. The girl was with a moderator. I am not aware of another female moderator on the forum.

To me, Anne's expression seems as clear and straightforward as a child would come through, in the evident sence that a child says what she is thinking, and does this in the characteristic way children does it: Straight and clear, cutting through the "adult world" as to reach the core of it. And this usually is, like Anne usually is, surprizingly precize.

But as you said, it could had been anybody indeed. Who knows? Which takes me to the fact that I most definetelly proyected something of my own. I think this is what has been happenig to me, as you can read here:

http://www.cassiopaea.org/forum/index.php?topic=3186 Post #8.

In the post above, it was me the one feeling what I expressed there: It was me only. So I think I am having a "subjectivity attack", if such a thing makes sence to anybody.

My appologies for advancing a non-objective conection. After the new info you have provided, it is evident for me too that I was wrong, and Anne has nothing to do with the girl in your dream.

Perhaps it was the girl on you?

Thank you for attending my interpretation, and I find the description of the guy very interesting. It gives I dreamed once with EQ. Remember the movie "Vanilla Sky"? Towards the end of the movie, Cruise is on a elevator with this skinny guy (the "technical support" guy). That was EQ on my dream, also messy hair, but black.

Back
Top Bottom