Weather Pics - Global Warming Hitting Hard!

christx11

Jedi Master
The U.S. is getting hammered in several areas weather wise right now. I thought I would start a thread for anyone to share stories and Pics of what is going on in their part of the globe.

The Pacific NW of the United States was hammered this weekend. I live in the Portland, Oregon area. The area is normally a very temperate climate (lows 30's F, highs 40's F). Winters usually bring one snow event of a couple inches and every few years we get a pretty bad freezing rain ice event. It looks like we are going to break a 40 yr record for December snow.

Saturday December 20, 2008, we got about 10-12 inches of snow around my house. Sunday the 21st we received about 1/2 - 3/4 of an inch of freezing rain. Currently - Monday December 22, it is snowing and we have another 8-10 inches of snow on top of the snow and ice pack. Wednesday it may warm up and get us above freezing with another frontal system moving in, but if the arctic air reinforces we could get another 6-12 inches of snow.

Here are a couple of pics I took in the last couple of hours.

Backyard Patio with about 20 inches of snow.
3128348883_dac2c25fea.jpg

Driveway with car buried.
3129178580_3c579c494f.jpg

Plum tree with 3/4 in. ice.
Branches should be straight up.
3128349047_9da122152f.jpg

Ya gotta admit that those pics are beautiful global warming or not!

Wow, X-man! That's quite a dump for Portland. I lived there once for about 3 years and remember how just a little snow or ice would shut down the city. They have very little snow-removal equipment there, so they just close everything.

Even at 45 years old, I still love the snow. We have about a foot now here in Montana, and it has seemed to simply put a HUSH on everything. Love that, and love the visuals.

Back
Top Bottom