Volcano appears in backyard like a molehill!

• Thread starter the all-encompassing egg
  • Start date
T

the all-encompassing egg

I dreamt about two weeks ago that I was still living in my parent's old home, the one we lived in during my late teens. I remember looking out of my bedroom window, which looked out on the backyard, and seeing a strange sort of mound that had never been there before. A few days passed and the mound began to grow and grow. I went out to look at it and there was snow on top! It was probably 6 feet tall or so. It was hot, and somehow I knew it was a volcano's top poking out of the ground. For some reason I kept going about my usual business, but with a new kind of anxiety, I knew the volcano was going to blow. Soon it got hotter and hotter and grew a bit more. I remember our house got hot from the radiating heat. Soon my family and I knew there was not much we could do and hardly any time left, we needed to leave! I remember gathering up as much stuff as I could, all the important things: pictures, keep-sakes, my cameras. I remember leaving on the truck but then knowing I had to go back because my partner's grandma forgot our laptop with all the pictures on it! (Always and forever a geek, that's me!) So I went back to get it, nervouse and anxious and a little shakey and sweaty from the heat. I remember going into the house and it was like a dry sauna. Some of the less stable fabrics had melted or were smoking. I remember the rubber on my shoes got softer, to the point that it left thin rubber shoe prints on the beige carpet. I got away safe but shaken. I remember city blocks and riding away in the truck with random people from my town all getting away in the same direction. Very strange.

Strange, that reminds me of something I read years and years ago when I was in 3rd grade about a farmer who had a volcano form on his land, as in your dream it started as a smoldering hill, but rapidly developed into a full sized volcano. I'm sorry I don't remember the details about when and where it happened, as it was about twenty years ago that I read it, but at the time I was shocked that it happened so quickly, now in retrospect, with a bit more knowledge I find it mysterious that it wasn't accompanied by earth tremors ...

Oh wow, yeah that sounds like what happened in my dream. No earth tremors either! It was like it was slowly accumulating mass from...somewhere. Watching it grow would be like watching the paint peel, but the next day it had gained a foot or so.

I guess I'm wondering whether it's metaphorical or not.

BTW- I am just moving to my new place we bought, and while doing some cleaning, my partner found an old Ouija board. Weird.

the all-encompassing egg said:
BTW- I am just moving to my new place we bought, and while doing some cleaning, my partner found an old Ouija board. Weird.
Have you used this Ouija board before? FYI I've heard that the only way to truly get rid of one is to burn it. You might want to give that a try, otherwise, no matter what you do, it will "mysteriously" come back.

I don't think I would burn it. I'm not sure if or when I'll use it although I am curious about it. I know that things like this should be treated with respect.

BTW- I guess I can say that I live in the PNW which is relevant because of the recent activity with Mount St. Helens. The whole volcano dream is strange because, although I could take it as symbolism and usually do with dreams, there really has been volcano activity in 'my backyard' as they would say. The whole growth of the volcano in my backyard also correlates with the growing dome on Mount St. Helens. I didn't even think about this until tonight when my partner was looking on the Signs page and saw the article about the explosion on Monday. I guess we must have missed it- we don't watch TV- but it's strange because we read the paper pretty much every day and I'm surprised it didn't get a bigger mention. It must not have if we didn't see it but this is pretty important stuff. I guess it's what's to be expected. Anyway, it was strange to think that I could have had a dream 'heads up' of sorts about the volcano. Just hope I'm wrong about the whole explosion part but you know, can't worry your life away about it. Anyway, maybe it's all a coincidence, but then again, you know what they say about that... :)

If volcano explotes, I suggest you to leave belongings behind (or to make a backup of your photos!).
Specially the Ouija board: When it feels the heat, it will extend its legs and run like hell to save its boardness all the way down to your lap, you know how ouija boards are, so dont worry about it.

I live in the PNW too and the most recent mention I found about mount st helens was here too ... I remember when at least half of the news *seemed* like news ...

The Gardener said:
If volcano explotes, I suggest you to leave belongings behind (or to make a backup of your photos!).
Specially the Ouija board: When it feels the heat, it will extend its legs and run like hell to save its boardness all the way down to your lap, you know how ouija boards are, so dont worry about it.
Ouija boards with legs? Never heard of that one before, lol.

How do you think they "mysteriously" comes back then?

highmystica said:
Strange, that reminds me of something I read years and years ago when I was in 3rd grade about a farmer who had a volcano form on his land, as in your dream it started as a smoldering hill, but rapidly developed into a full sized volcano..
That volcano is in Mexico and is named Paricutin

Back
Top Bottom