V for Vendetta

DonaldJHunt said:
Well that makes sense to me since Hugo Weaving is also Elrond. The one thing that bothered me about The Matrix was seeing Elrond torturing Cowboy Curtis. :)
It was actually the other way around as Matrix preceeded LOTR and Weaving was sticking in the LOTR like a sore thumb, he c didnt really invest too much in the role of Elrond so we just got agent Smith dressed as an elf.

Saman said:
Just a quick thought for Mr. V that has been on my mind since I watched the movie recently: "A: It should be noted that the STS system can only be penetrated by becoming "wise as serpents and gentle as doves." "

So in regards to this thought above, was V really "gentle as doves" by becoming the judge and executioner in the movie, or is this one of those situations where what he did was contextually the right thing do due to what the people he killed had done to many thousands and thousands of other people.

I mean could this movie be a very subtle trap that suggests to people to "think" that taking arms against the government is going to really change anything when other psychopaths can simply take over after all the major bloodshed? V himself took measures to kill all those psychopaths in the movie so that they can not harm others, but what about the others who can simply take over their positions later on due to the lack of knowledge of pathocray by the massess?

I don't know, just some thoughts that I was mulling over.
Well, I think the bottom line is exposing the source of the problem and the movie must be seen on several levels. In electronics the way to disable a circuit is to turn off the power source. In the martial arts, one way to neutralize a gang of attackers is to take out the "baddest" guy in the gang first and the rest will lose their confidence which gives you the advantage. But violence will only serve the psychopathic agenda since it is this violence that feeds the "power source" and the end result of this is that the pathocracy will just get stronger and this just aids their agenda for predetermination with respect to the 'final battle' and the fulfillment of the end time prophecies of total destruction.

I think 'being as wise as serpents' is exposing the power source (that is, the roots of psychopathy and the "anchor points" of the pathocracy) and, I think, this is the way to go and the movie adressed that. As to how events unfold from doing this I don't think can be determined but its the very nature of this indeterminism that I think will allow for "openings" and allow for a malleable future that will possibly delay the seemingly inevitable course of events that are leading humanity to a predetermined destructive end. Within this delay there will appear new possibilities and the the only chance is opening up these new possibilities and acting within them as 'gently as doves'. So, I think, it's really a war with time itself and the 'battle' to expose the powermen is always fluid and never static and new adaptive strategies are always required. I don't think any permanent solutions are possible since things are always changing in this ever changing dynamic. But I think the only 'constant' within this fluid dynamic is getting through and exposing the 'power source' by using the media since this is the primary means that this 'source of power' uses to control the minds of the masses. I think we are led to believe that there must be chaos before order. But this is what the controllers want. They want violent revolution, then chaos, and then a new mechanical order that has already been predestined since the dawn of monotheism. The violence and chaos will take all meaning and 'soul' out of our existing governmental structures to be replaced only by a completely mechanical fascist structure with the empty soul of a machine.

I think what is needed is a 'meaningful order' to replace an already existing mechanical order. There.will be no violence here since the loss of the later will give way, in perfect balance (ideally speaking of course), to the former. The diminution of mechanicalness can create meaningfulness. The loss of one is the simultaneous gain of the other. But this mechanical order must still have some meaning left within it, otherwise if it has no more 'meaningful values' then it has no chance to transform itself. It's like an alchemical process of separating the fine from the course and creating new possibilities. There still must be some real values left in the old mechanical order. Otherwise it has no chance to transform into something even more meaningful. An old alchemical law states that in order to make gold it is necessary to have a small amount of real gold. In a fascist state there is no more "real gold.' The fascist order is a complete mechanical order devoid of all meaning. All possibilities are lost and the time loop is fixed.

So I think it's about information dissemination and adaptive strategies relating to 'exposing the powermen' for all the world to see, rather then any kind of retributive meaningless violence that will just lock the fate of the nation into a predetermined time loop.

I think that there will always be some violence but in the movie 'V for Vendetta' I think that it was more about the power of ideas to change things much moreso then the 'power' of violence. In my view the movie had far more meaningfulness then meaninglessness.

http://video(dot)google.com/videoplay?docid=-7982925664586743189&q=V+for+vendetta

kenlee said:
Saman said:
Just a quick thought for Mr. V that has been on my mind since I watched the movie recently: "A: It should be noted that the STS system can only be penetrated by becoming "wise as serpents and gentle as doves." "

So in regards to this thought above, was V really "gentle as doves" by becoming the judge and executioner in the movie, or is this one of those situations where what he did was contextually the right thing do due to what the people he killed had done to many thousands and thousands of other people.

I mean could this movie be a very subtle trap that suggests to people to "think" that taking arms against the government is going to really change anything when other psychopaths can simply take over after all the major bloodshed? V himself took measures to kill all those psychopaths in the movie so that they can not harm others, but what about the others who can simply take over their positions later on due to the lack of knowledge of pathocray by the massess?

I don't know, just some thoughts that I was mulling over.
[...]

So I think it's about information dissemination and adaptive strategies relating to 'exposing the powermen' for all the world to see, rather then any kind of retributive meaningless violence that will just lock the fate of the nation into a predetermined time loop.

I think that there will always be some violence but in the movie 'V for Vendetta' I think that it was more about the power of ideas to change things much moreso then the 'power' of violence. In my view the movie had far more meaningfulness then meaninglessness.

http://video(dot)google.com/videoplay?docid=-7982925664586743189&q=V+for+vendetta
For what it's worth, I understand what you mean now, and I've shared my realization with a commentary on this article today:

http://www.sott.net/articles/show/143031-V-is-for-Vendetta-Give-a-Penny-for-the-Guy-

While we all had a few days off from SOTT, I finally got around to seeing this film. As a general note, I'm completely in shock over it. I can't understand how the PTB has not censored this movie, but it's our gain. Much to think about over the next few- hopefully I can see it again soon. Gotta get one of those vidio-playing thingamabobs....

We've watched it about 5 times so far and still love it.

Laura said:
We've watched it about 5 times so far and still love it.
I Have watched it 3 times and i still love it.

Same thing for the trilogy of the Matrix. Great movies.

I believe Stephen King said "If you don`t have to say something nice, better shut your *am* mouth".
At first I didn`t want to further comment on my last post. But I do feel a bit like having crashed in a party
uninvited to spoil it. While I suppose it was ok to recommend the book on which the movie was based I could
have done so without hitting on the film, considering you all really like it. Since I´m the first to admit that
there is no objective way to critizise art, it was propably a pointless and ego-driven remark.

I think the violence in the movie was the hardest part for me to understand, and now reading through this thread some very good answers to that question have been addressed. Mainly in MichaelM's post...

MichaelM said:
Is 'this time around' just another 'training ground' for the non-psychopathic (i.e. 'high sould potential') participants in existence today? (much like the non-psychopaths that lived in the period of Mayan civilization before that era 'ended' or the non-psychopaths that lived in the 'Atlantean' period before that period came to a close)

If it is,
So, how to deal with that fact? How to deal with it in terms of the future of Free Will and Freedom for All of humanity?
I remember the C's saying that those who 'learn their lessons' will advance and those who don't will repeat the cycle, until the 'time' comes again to possibly 'graduate'.

If we, as non-psychopaths, need psychopaths as a means to 'learn our lessons' and 'grow', there needn't be any anger directed toward the psychopaths that are ruling over us now. If this 'relationship' is understood, it is much like a wildlife scientist not getting angry with a predator stalking, catching and killing its prey. The 'subjective' point of view of the prey is to get angry at its predator. The 'objective' point of view of the observing scientist is that this is the normal flow of events. As is it is also normal for the prey to eventually learn to escape and outwit its predator as time passes by.

I wonder if changing the psychopathic status quo would prevent other non-psychopathic people from learning their lessons on their own because the psychopaths would not be there to prey on them. It would be more apt, imho, if the non-psychopaths who already know how to outwit the psychopaths teach the other non-psychopaths how to outwit their predators, rather than 'destroying' (or incapacitating) the predators outright.

This, imho, would be an appropriate response to dealing with the psychopaths rather than moving in the direction of the 'destruction' of the psychopath. Instead of trying to get Bush out of the Presidency, it would be better to educate the people on what a psychopath is and how to identify one, then what would 'naturally' follow is an 'educated populace' removing the reigning psychopaths and also (and more importantly) prevent their escalation to positions of power again.
Laura said:
Don't be sorry! It is an excellent and thoughtful post and serves to remind us all that we aren't supposed to be expecting to save the world, it is just our job to be awake, alert, and to keep sending out the signal for those who are ready to awaken... and that's it. The Universe is infinitely capable of taking care of itself.
Wow, that makes perfect sense... fight back (physically) and all you get is the exact same problem! It sort of reminds me of that the C's said that Gandhi was not STO, and my conclusions on that were that he wanted to change India to what he thought was best, and while many people agree that his "morals" were good, it was still the fact that he wanted change in the way India was ruled/operated. It seems like it is the same thing here, at least to me, because V is changing the environment, whereas what should be done is learn the lesson and wake up as many people as possible, because you really can't change it, you will only get what you started with, another pathocracy if you do. In that sense it seems like a trap, here is whats really going on, but wait, don't actually do anything with it! So while I think the movie obviously points out the many flaws in what our world has, it doesn't really give a truly adequate response to it, but it is a movie, and more than likely would have flopped without the "violence", same with the Matrix, because of the entertainment factor(maybe?).

I think I've watched it three times now, it gets better every time. I did watch it with a bunch of college "friends" and they just thought it was a great movie, nothing beyond that... I guess that was probably a pretty typical response from what has already been said here. I think one of them said something about Putin and how he was evil, so I pointed out Bush and co and he turned off... it can't happen here! heh ya right!

Anyways, thanks for the great insight into this movie.

Edit: grammar

I just bought this one. The Matrix Trilogy is my favorite and always will be, but this movie runs a close second. I actually kinda like how V helps Eavie get past her fear. I would hate to go through what she did, but it is a powerful lesson.

Jessie Zerr-Virnig said:
I actually kinda like how V helps Eavie get past her fear. I would hate to go through what she did, but it is a powerful lesson.

That was an important scene. Many different movies have tried to convey the transformation, the understanding resulting from perceptual differences from before and after a "trial".

Along the same lines to Evie's change is a movie that deals with this within a different context, but with the same representation of a real possibility: Revolver.

Understand, though, that seeing it symbologically, is nowhere near the real thing as far really knowing what it's really like.

Powerfull comic book, extraordinary movie, eyes opening and intuitive, definitely my most beloved silver screen adaptation ever (allready for 3 years).

Deedlet said:
Hi,
I haven’t seen the movie yet, but I can’t wait since it is made by the Wachowski brothers. (makers of the MATRIX trilogy) But it is funny to point out that the new ‘good guy’ is being played by Hugo Weaving (Agent Smith). LOL. Its just a little funny, imo.

Mike said:
Cyre2067 said:
Can't wait to see it. Also Xmen 3 - am I the only one who thinks the coming 4D is gonna result in some people having "powers"? This has also been a recurrent theme i've noticed in film, like they're prepping us for it, even indoctrinating us, i dunno if you guys remember, but alot of the cartoons in the early 90s and today were around this sort of theme.
I recently watched the movie 'The Fantastic Four.'
5 people had their DNA changed by some kind of cosmic cloud that was moving past earth and the 5 scientists where there to do some tests of some kind. Anyway the 5 people developed powers because of the cloud. 4 became the good guys and 1 became the bad guy. Reminded me of The Wave in some ways.
I used to watch the Fantastic Four cartoon and read a little bit of the comic series, and I have to say that the movie changed a lot of the content of the original comic and cartoon series. Same with the X-men. The movies are VERY different than the actual comic, and cartoon series. Although, I have to admit that I agree with the notion that it seems we are being readied for something… but what??

Also I know this is a little off topic, but, remembering a cartoon from the 90’s—was the Spiderman series of 1990’s. This cartoon was imo the best spider-man series made, and they ended the series when it became extremely controversial. In the last 4 episodes it talked about hyperdimentional beings/realities and Spidey meets alternate versions of himself and his Maker (Stan Lee) in the last episode. It was just very well done, and informative. They sure don’t make them like they used to! :(
Check out this link to see which spidey series I’m talking about.
http://www.spiderfan.org/shows/tv_90s/

anyway… sorry to get off topic…

I really enjoyed V for Vendetta. And as for the Spiderman animated series, it really made me interested. I didn't know they went as far as to create comic books about alternate realities, dimensions and creatures from those other realities. I might want to check it out.

As for my childhood or cartoons worth mentioning, there's only Dragon Ball that comes to my mind. It had supernatural being who had powers of all sorts. And since they were thought of, they probably exists in another parallel dimension here in 3rd Density. Hm, just a thought :)

Interesting movie.

Watched it years back.

The only thing after this few years that remain about the movie is V's poetic language.... Dont remember much of the storyline though.

Got a question. This movie came out when the system was jacking up its efforts in building the ultimate big brother state. Obviously in England you had all the new laws coming into force. You had the bombings. War on terror was in full swing. Blair's honey moon was starting to come to an end.

There was also other movies coming out at that time with the same theme, just less popular. So it shows hollywood was aware that people were getting abit restless. People were asking questions, questions like, what are our governments really capable off? Are cooperations really capable of evil stuff? Example of movies that came out that year dealing with this issues were, obviously V for vendetta dealing with the ultimate big brother state, constant gardener dealing with the phamarceutical industry, Revolver dealing with the ego, Syriana dealing with the oil industry, etc. I can also vaguely remember another movie coming out that year dealing with the nanny state issue but this was all british cast so I dont think it made as much money as V.

All these movies were produced by organisations that are part of the system. So why would they do this?? Why would they produce movies that play out the viewers worst nightmare and show them, that a hero can rise and the hero can win...

Over the last couple of years these kinds of movies have come out surprisingly when these issues were high in the public mind.

You had DAY AFTER TOMMORROW with the whole global warming thing. Worst nightmare scenario obviously.

You, had, V for vendetta with the whole nanny state issue... Worst case scenario.

You had, 28 days laters with the whole chemical/biological pandemic thing. Worst case scenario.

You had, The International with the whole Banks are evil scenario...

You had constant Gardener with the whole the Phamarceutical companies are evil aswell...

You have 2012 dealing with the whole 2012 fiasco - worst case scenario aswell

I am sure there are more movies like this that I just cant remember from the top of my head that have come out over the last 10 years dealing with all these issues the public was getting all agitated about.... Let us not forget about the myriad of War movies[iraq and afganistan] the latest one to catch my eye being Green Zone starring Matt Damon as a soldier serving in Iraq whose Job is to find the WMDs but he discovers they were fake/non-existant. So the powers that be try and kill him before he can prove it, obviously he is a bad-ass soldier who knows how to kickass and he wins in the end.

So yah, why does the system produce and push these movies out??? You'd think they'd be worried about confirming peoples fears! Interesting, I think.

Back
Top Bottom