US: 42 Denver University students get mysterious illness

rise

Jedi
http://www.sott.net/articles/show/154094-US-42-Denver-University-students-get-mysterious-illness

I think the current count is now in the 60's. I've had my doubts on this one, as I will say I do go attend DU and its been very interesting watching this one unfold. However, I am on the other side of campus from the mentioned centennial halls so it isn't really in my 'region'. There is some crazy program going around to try and raise awareness about simple things with this virus (it is the norovirus, or so thats what has been told to everyone here on campus). Hand sanitizers and stuff have been put up everywhere and stickers about it are crazily being put on anything in the residence halls. The problem is people should be taking these suggested precautions in the first place, but it is a "college" environment so I guess what can you really expect... its the perfect place for a 'virus' / 'disease' to show up osit.

I have watched the Norwalk/norovirus become something of a media darling epidemic in the past few years since it sprang on the scene in the cruise ships. Unfortunately I have had numerous friends and family suffer from this illness over the past winter. It is a relatively serious illness that can dehydrate one quickly, especially the elderly and already immune compromised.

I have a hypothesis that the cruise ships are perfect closed environments for bioweapons testing. Over 10 years ago the first mass cruise ship Norwalk/norovirus epidemics were reported. Not long after I read an article stating that the largest cruise ship lines biggest controlling shareholders were Israeli investors. Hmmm. Now, recently, this disease has come ashore, big time.

As I began my reading of Donald W Scott's books about non-consensual bioweapons testing on the unknowing public, the penny dropped. Scott's research reveals that the favorite test scenarios were campuses and convention hotels. His evidence linking the Legionnaires outbreak, initiated via the hotel air conditioning system, to a bioweapons test is compelling. He has several more similar epidemics detailed in his books that all fit the same general parameters.

While everyone is occupied manically washing their hands and sterilizing hard surfaces in their environments, these pathogens have been aerosolized and can be released in sealed buildings with recirculating climate control, which are occupied by the same people for an extended period of time (convention goers, students, cruise ship tourists, etc). They use the climate control systems for dispersion. Of course the drinking water system of an ocean going ship would also be an easy dispersal method.

The biggest problem with the current variant of Norwalk/norovirus is its high contagion factor. Once a few people catch it, then the sanitary protocols become very important, particularly in areas where fecal transmission can occur. A friend of mine contracted this illness doing/handling the laundry (soiled bedding, night clothes and underwear) of her elderly infected mother. Lots of "soiling" occurs with this bug.

Do you live on campus, rise? If so, is your dorm equipped with windows that can be opened? If you can keep fresh air circulating in your environment, I think that the chances of being a victim of this type of aerosol bioweapon skulduggery are reduced.

Another nasty aspect of the norovirus is that your body does not develop resistance to it after once recovering from it. You can go right out a week later and catch it again. I have another good friend, whom I have made a believer in the nanoparticle silver sols (which are very effective on a wide variety of viral infections), who could not keep the silver down when she first contracted the norovirus. In fact, she couldn't keep anything down. Not even a sip of water. Therein lies the danger of rapid dehydration. She developed a novel remedy for this.

A couple of months later, when she felt the onset of the infection once again, she immediately drank Pepto Bismol to coat her stomach. Thirty minutes later she began taking the silver sol every hour... and lots of water. She was able to keep it down. This greatly shortened the down time with this infection. The first encounter with it took her out for over a week of some serious misery. The second attack, with the Pepto Bismol and the silver, only lasted for one day. The onset symptoms for the norovirus are unmistakable. They come on very fast. They involve sitting on the commode with one's head in a trash bag. I think you can get the picture. My daughter has also had two bouts with this bug in the last six months. She used the above regimen with the second round and concurs that it does indeed minimize the symptoms and dramatically shortens the duration of the infection.

This is a nasty bug. The government/military bioweapons program is divided into two sections. One deals with lethal diseases. The other deals with agents that can quickly disable/incapacitate large populations. My thinking is that this current strain of norovirus is weaponized and has been unleashed on the north American continent this year to study its effects on larger populations. I think that this bug was fine tuned in the initial cruise ship outbreaks over a decade. This is all speculation on my part, but it comes from long observation of the nature and methods of non-consensual bioweapons testing. It fits like a glove.

BTW, there are still ongoing outbreaks of Norwalk/norovirus on the cruise ships. They just don't get media coverage anymore.

Rebelais said:
Do you live on campus, rise? If so, is your dorm equipped with windows that can be opened?
Yes, and yes, Its been very nice weather so I've been leaving my window open all the time. That almost always helps keeping fresh air circulating through the room. There haven't been any instances in my building yet either so it isn't "here" yet or it isn't spreading from the northern side of campus very well. I do have some colloidal silver which I take occasionally, I might take some now just to be on the safe side.

Rebelais said:
BTW, there are still ongoing outbreaks of Norwalk/norovirus on the cruise ships. They just don't get media coverage anymore.
Yea, it would seem like a good isolated area to test these things, I would say its a good bet like you've said, but I haven't read into it so I can't really say.

By Jim Walker on June 4, 2023
Posted in Disease
The Celebrity Summit is the latest cruise ship to experience a gastrointestinal outbreak requiring the involvement of the Center for Disease Control and Prevention (“CDC”) this year. The Celebrity operated cruise ship reported 152 of 2,144 (7.09%) passengers and 25 of 963 (2.60%) crew members experienced gastrointestinal (GI) illnesses . A total of 177 people were sickened on the May 15–May 25, 2023 cruise and experienced symptoms which included diarrhea, vomiting, abdominal cramps, and headaches.

This is the twelth GI outbreak so far this year, which exceeds the average number of yearly GI outbreaks on cruise ships for the three year period before the industry was sidelined by the coronavirus epidemic. Of course, it is only six months into this year, making the total number of illness cases to be approximately twice the average yearly total of GI cases on cruise ships.

The Washington Post covered this story two week ago in Stomach Viruses Are Back Up On Cruise Ships, With Hundreds Falling Ill by Hannah B. Sampson (formerly one of the better reporters who worked for the Miami Herald before joining the Washington Post). The Post reports that “… so far this year there have been 12 outbreaks of vomiting and diarrhea that have reached the threshold for public notification on cruise ships visiting U.S. ports. The tally has already exceeded each yearly total number of outbreaks reported from 2017 to 2019.”

The cruise industry’s trade association, the Cruise Lines International Association (“CLIA”), says incidents of gastrointestinal illness are “quite rare” on ships and the cruise lines typically say the symptoms are often mild and resolve quickly. Another talkingpoint of CLIA is the argument that GI outbreaks are always caused by guests failing to wash their hands.

The CDC has determined that the cause of the recent GI outbreak on the Celebrity ship was due to norovirus. Despite what CLIA says, the fact of the matter is that both the CDC and the Federal Food and Drug Administration (“FDA”) concluded long ago that contaminated food and/or water are the main explanations for norovirus outbreaks.

Recent federal studies show that sick employees were behind a majority of food contamination and foodborne illness outbreaks in the U.S. The CDC found that among outbreaks where a contributing factor was identified, 41% were caused by food contamination from ill or infectious employees.

“If a food worker stays on the job while sick and does not wash his or her hands carefully after using the toilet, the food worker can spread germs by touching food,” according to the CDC’s website. Norovirus is the leading cause of foodborne illness in the United States.

The CDC report concluded that only around 43% of businesses provided paid sick leave to sick workers, resulting in many employees working while contagious.

In the cruise line context, many waiters and food handlers, who are paid almost exclusively by tips, are often reluctant to go to the ship infirmary when they are ill. No cruise line, to our knowledge, provides paid sick leave to their crew members. Unfortunately, there’s an incentive to work while sick on a cruise ship in order to be paid.

The CDC rarely has enough time to collect stool samples or other data or conduct much of an investigation when cruise ships return after a GI outbreak, and then quickly pick up another round of passengers and leave port. The CDC usually does not even determine the cause of the outbreak in most cases. Of the last twelve illness outbreaks on cruise ships, the CDC was able to conclude the causative agents in only five cases (all involved norovirus).

Expect CLIA and the cruise lines to downplay the foodborne illness explanation for this norovirus outbreak and to encourage cruise fans to think that its actually their unwashed hands which are to blame.

Have a thought? Please leave one below or join the discussion on our Facebook page.
Top: Celebrity SummitMaster0Garfield – commons / wikimedia; Washington Post; Washington Post; Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.

Back
Top Bottom