Unidentified metal object crashes through roof of Kitchener, Ont. home

Debra

The Living Force
Advice from the C’s, “Watch the skies and land and oceans.”.
Alrighty then, on it!

So, this was on the news scrolling thing, and caught my attention.
From the article:

“A family in Kitchener, Ont. says a hunk of metal fell out of the sky Monday morning, April 8, 2024, and smashed through their home.
Robert Caluian was brushing his teeth around 9:40 a.m. when he heard a bang.
He looked up and saw a hole in the roof of his Beaumont Crescent home, as well as the wall next to him.

Caluian wasn’t sure what the metal object was but estimated it weighed approximately 25 pounds.
[…]His home, in Kitchener’s Chicopee neighbourhood, is less than a 10 minute drive to the Region of Waterloo International Airport.

244D3563-9145-465E-B05D-E72654443BC7.png
[…]“It was relatively small, but it was heavier than expected,” explained Caluian.

My thoughts on this …

This didn’t come from space, there would be more burned surfacing on it and the damage to the building would be greater.

Here are close ups of this piece and a picture of a Boing 777 plane bottom. The circled item on the plane is quite possibly this piece. No if you look at the bottom view of the plane, I circled one, it’s a weighted stabilizer, maybe not for this plane type but this looks like one.

On the close up of the part, the lower view is what it looks like after it mashed through the house, most of it is still stuck on it. the view in the upper right is burnt wiring, probably sensors in it, this looks like a wire meltdown, this is its base. The view in the lower left show's streaks parallel to the base, these are melted or made by debris thrown its way. This is typical of this piece is behind the engine to show these features. And it is shaped right for these items.

But this may still what they are talking about, if this is a part of a plane, it is a scary chunk to fall into your house whether from space or not. I worked on P-3 Orion’s in the Navy, if you didn’t go around and tighten up stuff every time it went out, you had issues. I see the airports, nobody is doing this there. Screws come loose, no wonder doors fall off, cowlings fly away, I would never let a plane I was responsible for go out unchecked. And yes, I don’t fly much unless absolutely necessary anymore and since I realized this. Then I have to think about all the satellites up there and just how good was that thing assembled, probably glued together. Keep looking up, Haiku …

1712856164968.png
1712856319206.png

I also thought of a piece that had fallen out of an airplane, because we know that airplanes nowadays are so badly built. Thank goodness there aren't more pieces falling off. And what luck that that piece didn't fall on someone's head.

Back
Top Bottom