Under Attack 2: It's Gotten Personal

Truth be told, I've changed dramatically since finding this site. I'm far from having even an elemenary grasp of these concepts/teachings, yet I've attained an awesome sense of inner peace which is a welcome change from the constant turmoil of my past. It's a sense of being on the right track. I've walked some dark roads to get here, but the point is that I AM here, and I ain't goin nowhere except forward. Or whichever direction the universe deems appropriate! PEACE

On the other hand, Gurdjieff says that the whole point of the fourth way is to do it in your own environment, as opposed to other schools of teaching which ask you to leave your family, etc. Because being confronted to people's incomprehension will actually help you see your mechanicalness. So your wife is very valuable in that respect (and lots of others!). As as hoangmphung told you, your 7 week old baby is probably all that counts for her for the moment. My daughter is 18 months old and I totally relate to your wife being maybe annoyed at you doing something else than helping her or being with her/the baby. In the first months (OK, most of her life) a mother can be obsessed with their child and anything coming between them and their baby is considered a hindrance.

Back
Top Bottom