Tsunami action throws me and my family forward

Cyre2067

The Living Force
Weird bit i had this morning. Wanted to jot it down.

Starts with the impression of being in water... i can see an odd lookin boat, and can tell there's some people whom i don't know that are trying to get to it. We're in water, about waist-high, with little choppy sort of waves all around us. As the people who wanted the boat get nearer to it, we notice the lil waves dissapate, the sound of them crashing and churning dies, the air gets really still and thats when i see it - a huge tsunami coming from the south (dont know how i knew it was the south).

There's power lines in front of us, and it's likely we'll all be thrown into them, however as there's no time to do anything i grab my little sister and tell her to inhale, exhale, inhale, exhale deeply as much as she can before it hits. We do so, the wave hits, i don't feel anything, next thing i know me, my little sister, my mother and I are walking north along this quasi-map deal which is completely unfamiliar to me. It has names of places and roads and such, but i can't recognize anything, so we just keep walking north. Everything feels desolated, empty, but i can't see anything besides this infernal map-road. I get frustrated.

We end up in a church, looking for other people, i don't remember how many were there, or what they were discussing but i didn't like it, so i marched my mom and sister onward. My mom was pissed, she wanted to rest. I told her we needed to get home, and that to rest now meant we'd be delayed. We came upon a friend apartment, there were people inside hiding on the couch under cushions. I asked where the kid whom i knew was, and the dude on the couch got up and went to get him.

I wake up.

I know water symbolized something, but as to what the websites seem to be divergent. I don't suppose anyone can reccomend a good dream interpretation book that isn't all gooey or contaminated?

Weird that moments before reading your post I was reading breaking news from google news regarding a Tsunami warning in northern Japan after a large coastal quake of 8.1.
http://www.inthenews.co.uk/news/news/environment/tsunami-warning-issued-japan-and-russia-$457932.htm

Cyre2067 said:
I know water symbolized something, but as to what the websites seem to be divergent. I don't suppose anyone can reccomend a good dream interpretation book that isn't all gooey or contaminated?
It seems that water symbolized a great deal.

According to one source, from this link:

http://www.dreammoods.com/dreamdictionary/w2.htm

Water

To see water in your dream, symbolizes your unconscious and your emotional state of mind. Water is the living essence of the psyche and the flow of life energy. It is also symbolic of spirituality, knowledge, healing and refreshment. To dream that water is boiling, suggests that you are expressing some emotional turmoil. It also may mean that feelings from your unconscious are surfacing and ready to be acknowledged.

To see calm, clear water in your dream, signifies that you are in tune with your spirituality. It denotes serenity, peace of mind, and rejuvenation. To see muddy or dirty water in your dream, indicates that you are wallowing in your negative emotions. You may need to devote some time to clarify your mind and find internal peace. Alternatively, it suggests that your thinking/judgment is unclear and clouded. If you are immersed in muddy water, then it indicates that you are in over your head in a situation and are overwhelmed by your emotions.

To dream that water is rising up in your house, signifies your struggles and overwhelming emotions. To hear running water in your dream, denotes meditation, reflection and pondering of your thoughts and emotions.

To dream that you are walking on water, suggests that you have supreme and ultimate control over your emotions. It may also suggest that you need to "stay on top" of your emotions and not let them explode out of hand. Alternatively, it is symbolic of faith in yourself.
It could be anything. But, it would seem that many here have post their dreams on this thread about water in general or wave of water.

Ironically, last night, I had a dream that I was at Wendy's (or Starbucks; can't remember which since it keeps switching back and forth) with a close friend. I knew in my mind that the flood of water is coming, and I kept urging my friend to leave and get out, but she doesn't care and wanted her drink. When water came right after and flooded the area, I was walking around and finding my car while the water is at my chest level (and my friend still waiting for her drink). Scene shifted. Then I was with my sister, looking for my keys in a house or building, while there's about 4 or 6 feet of water outside but haven't break in. Then, I woke up.

I don't know if reading about "The Wave" or the related materials (due to awakening) would bring about this "water" dreams of ours. Especially, in the "The Wave" where Laura had a wave of water cleansing her pool. The dreams of water does seem to be something of importance.

Just wanted to include my thoughts about this here.

Hi Cyre. Did you look into Carl Gustav Jung's works? I know his books aren't on the "SOTT Recommended List", but maybe those regarding archetypes and symbols might be helpful. Or maybe someone knows some more comprehensive works concerning this matter? Laura is an expert on symbology, but then - she has read TONS of books, so it's probably not a matter of familiarizing oneself with few publications, but one could start somewhere ;)

Woah, totally forgot about that dream.

In retrospect, i think the water was symbolic of the growth period I've been going through. Since around that time period I've had multiple shocks and lessons that have definitely 'uprooted' my emotional footing and my previous ways of thinking. That would also 'click' with the walking on a map of which i have no recognition.

Actual j0da, i've never read any of Jung's works, and my familiarity with his ideology is all through secondary mention of him in psychological literature and stuff here, on the website.

Back
Top Bottom