To travel or not to travel...

theos

The Living Force
Hello forumites,

I was thinking of booking a trip to India this summer but something inside me keeps saying that it would probably be best to stick close to home these days. I went to Thailand last December and at the time I thought that it might be my last big trip. (I arrived two days after they reopened the airport after the PAD protest and experienced no problems while there). Since I was a child I've loved to travel but lately I've been feeling the need to see as much as I can while I still have a chance. That is, before the world begins its final descent into outright madness. I dunno but something tells me that that time is now. (Also I keep picturing myself trying to return to the US and being refused unless I take a flu vaccine. :O)
Am I being overly paranoid? Has anyone else had similar thoughts?

chachachick said:
I was thinking of booking a trip to India this summer but something inside me keeps saying that it would probably be best to stick close to home these days. I went to Thailand last December and at the time I thought that it might be my last big trip. (I arrived two days after they reopened the airport after the PAD protest and experienced no problems while there). Since I was a child I've loved to travel but lately I've been feeling the need to see as much as I can while I still have a chance. That is, before the world begins its final descent into outright madness. I dunno but something tells me that that time is now. (Also I keep picturing myself trying to return to the US and being refused unless I take a flu vaccine. :O)
Well, I for one have definitely had similar thoughts, especially considering the "smashing year" comment from the C's. I'll be in Switzerland in the June timeframe (which, if I understand it correctly is one of the high-risk periods for a shower), and am concerned that I won't be able to get home, which is in SE Asia these days. I am very uncertain how much to let these thoughts influence my behaviour though, and how considerable the risk actually is. I'm very very torn about it.

As for the "law of attraction" comment, that was just silly. Wrong forum methinks.

chachachick said:
Hello forumites,

Weighing the pros and cons might give more clues. Look at the time frame in which flu shots will be circulating in your area, and see if it will be a requirement for re entry first. Also look into the shots required to visit India, and see if going will be worthwhile and what kind of timetable you'd need to adjust to those.

Researching all the facts available will help you navigate between common sense, emotions, and instinct. :)

aeonian.lion said:
i was only trying to say that whatever you focus your attention on you will manifest into your reality, whether it be love or fear. It seemed to me that you were letting negative news from outside stimuli effect your decision making which is exactly what the reptilians want. worry and fear.

Here is a quote from the Cassiopaea Glossary that may be useful to read:

You Create Your Own Reality - This is a common New Age belief that states that the things on which one concentrates one's attention increase. By thinking about the positive one is expected to experience same.

The QFS sees the matter very differently, although the QFS also acknowledges that reality and consciousness interact, however not in the way generally promulgated by the New Age movement.

In quantum physics, the state of a system is expressed as probabilities up to a point of measurement. The measurement and the measured are inseparable in a sense. There is debate on what exactly constitutes measurement but for the purposes of this discussion, we could say that ultimately a conscious witness is necessary, even if the measurement takes place through a mechanical device.

The QFS applies this same idea to events at the human and cosmic scales. The quality of the observation influences the quality of the observed. In practical terms, the more clear or objective an observation is, the more the observer-observed system is ordered. If observation is heavily biased and does not agree with the reality, the system consisting of observer and observed is disordered and contradictory. The QFS postulates that the manner in which masses of humanity observe their reality and what beliefs they hold about this reality influence the same reality. The more subjective the seeing, the more disordered the reality. A large scale example of this is the belief of many Americans in the demonstrable lies of government. The belief being in contradiction with facts contributes to chaos. In this way perceptions can influence reality.

The degree to which the quality of observation influences reality varies according to circumstance. The world goes through periods of stability and predictability, interrupted by brief phases of chaotic change. This is a natural process. The effect of the quality of observation on reality is greatest at moments of fluidity or chaos, where a small impulse can precipitate a large outcome.

The QFS postulates that this is the reason why a certain critical mass of esoterically developed people is required at times of chaotic change. If the structure of spacetime itself is in flux, the quality of observation brought by an esoterically evolved group can form a sort of crystallization core or pattern for a new reality.

The QFS does not subscribe to practices of magic or imposing one's will on reality by visualization or such techniques. These are considered as deliberate subjectivity, which if it has any effect at all is only likely to add to the psychic entropy and chaos of the environment. Creative action which contributes to increased order in the universe needs to be based on an objective reading of the universe, not on contradicting this universe.

Hello aeonian.lion, welcome to the forum.

aeonian.lion said:
since you are posting in this forum, i trust you are at least somewhat knowledgeable of the "law of attraction"....

No offence intended, but it is actually YOU who are displaying a lack of knowledge and awareness about this forum, and the conclusions it has reached about certain "new-age" ideas (such as "the law of attraction"). Which is not a big deal, and easily rectified. If you search the forum under the search terms "law of attraction", "create your own reality", "YCYOR", and "The Secret", you will soon get up to speed. If you wish to add to the discussion about those ideas, please do so in the threads in which they are the subject, and not in this one.

Please note that it is customary for new members to post a brief intro about themselves in the Newbies section. No need to share personal information, just give us a general sense of what led you to this forum, how long you've been reading it and/or the SOTT page, whether or not you've read any of Laura's books yet, etc.

I've taken the liberty of creating an introduction thread for you at the following link, where I've also posed some questions for you, and will provide you with further information, links, etc that will help you get better acquainted with us:

aeonian.lion - introduction

See you there! :)

Thanks for the replies. I was thinking of taking my 19 year old nephew with me. That is lending to my trepidation. If something untoward were to happen I would rather it just happen to me. But it would really be a great experience for him to go too. I'll be looking into all of the shot recommendations and weighing my options.

Researching all the facts available will help you navigate between common sense, emotions, and instinct.

'Tis true. Thanks

Gimpy said:
Researching all the facts available will help you navigate between common sense, emotions, and instinct. :)

Exactly.
What is perceived as "intuition" isn't always true intuition and I can look back at certain instances where there was some meddling in that respect. Be aware of that.

aeonian.lion said:
i was only trying to say that whatever you focus your attention on you will manifest into your reality, whether it be love or fear. It seemed to me that you were letting negative news from outside stimuli effect your decision making which is exactly what the reptilians want. worry and fear.

In the weeks leading up to and during WWII, many millions of people, the vast majority, were fervently wishing for, hoping for and expecting a peaceful outcome. The result of all of that focus of attention on a positive outcome was that 65 millions people were killed and a vast area of europe was left uninhabitable.

Can you explain how that happened based on your theory that "whatever you focus your attention on you will manifest into your reality"?

chachachick said:
Hello forumites,

Sticking to home is something I am exercising too these days but if you wish to visit India than as long as you stay away from Mumbai and Delhi, you'd be just fine as often these 2 cities are the prime terrorist targets. If you do decide to visit than some good places in North India include most of the hill stations in Uttanchal and Himachal Pradesh states. Never been to South India myself but there are some good temples worth visiting there too!!

aeonian.lion said:
i will say this though to try to answer your question quickly. i know by bringing up the LoA i have opened myself up to ridicule and will be at odds with most on this forum. that was not my intention.
So, you had a particular intention, and it didn't end up the way you thought it would. Interesting in light of the topic, isn't it? :-)

aeonian.lion has deleted all of his post content regarding the 'law of attraction' - it seems he attracted something he did not expect, value or have any intention of considering to be true. His posting privileges have been suspended since deleting all the content of one's posts tends to disrupt the continuity of threads and indicates that one has no intention of sincerely participating in this forum.

Back
Top Bottom