The Science of Thriving: At Work and In Life

yayan

The Force is Strong With This One
Hi all,

I just want to share this web conference by one of my favorite author, Dr. Heidi Grant Halvorson. I find her writings very instructive regarding the science of motivation and cognition in general.

The conference brings many author on the topic of psychology of science and cognition. Each interview video are free for 24 hours from their start time.

_http://www.entheos.com/The-Science-of-Thriving/Play

Here's the description from the website:

What is this conference all about?

The problem with a lot of the advice you’ll hear about how to work smarter, go farther, and live happier, is that it doesn’t actually work. It sounds like it should work, and it’s given with only the best intentions - but it’s based on faulty intuitions and perceptions, rather than hard data.

The Science of Thriving: At Work and In Life is a conference about what actually works. It features more than 20 of today’s leading scientists and authors - including Carol Dweck, Dan Ariely, Adam Grant, and Dan Pink - and gives us a comprehensive look at how their cutting-edge research can be applied in our everyday lives. You’ll learn how to make better decisions, tackle challenges and disappointments, handle pressure and stress, manage your time, make a good impression, and strengthen your relationships at home and at work.

This isn’t feel-good nonsense - this is rigorously-tested (and often surprising!) science-based advice on how to live a happier, more effective life.

Hope you find it useful.. :)

Back
Top Bottom