The Ruby Tablet (alleged counterpart to the Emerald Tablet)

portobello

The Force is Strong With This One
Hello friends,

I recently stumbled upon Gastone Ventura (aka 'Aldebaran') – Count, Vice-Admiral of the Italian navy, Grand Master of the Italian Martinist Order (1967-1981), Sovereign Grand Hierophant General of the Rites of Misraim and Memphis (Venice), Regent of the Grand Priory of Italy of the Supernus Ordo Equester Templi (Templar Order).

Gastone_Ventura.jpg

Interesting character. He’s authored several books on metaphysics, none of which have been translated to English (to my knowledge). One of his books include "The Mystery of the Sacrificial Rite" which according to misraimmemphis.com, is where the text of the Ruby Tablet was first published. The original author of the "lesser-known" Ruby Tablet itself is "unknown", but from what I've gathered, it's assumed to be Ventura himself.

Link to book. The text of the "tablet" itself is at the end of the document.

Text below for convenience:
TAVOLA DI RUBINO​

I. Non è certissimo né verissimo quanto la mente della creatura concepisce; Incomprensibile vero è il Creatore. Ciò che è in alto non è come ciò che è in basso. All'alto la magnificenza dell'Unità, al basso la miseria della molteplicità, che par tutto ed è nulla.

II. E poiché tutte le cose partecipano della molteplicità esse tanto meno sono Verità, Vita, Bene, quanto più si distanziano dall'Uno.

III. Ecco il numero, il molteplice, l'involucro, il cadavere dell'Uno: suo padre (fu) il desiderio della terra, sua Madre l'ignoranza. Il Sole dissolse la carogna ed il Vento disperse il fetore del frutto dei due.

IV. Questo desiderio ha creato gli Eroi, i demoni e gli dei; questa ignoranza si è riversata su tutto il possibile, confondendo ogni tradizione ed il Tre.

V. Ed ha regnato nel Male, nel Sangue, fuori dalla Rosa, nell'Abbominio dei quattro.

VI. Unirai l'uno col due, l'Uno con i molti, il soffio col Sé, delicatamente, con grande cura, fino al nove, saltando il cinque.

VII. Poiché discende dal Cielo alla Terra e risale in Cielo disperdendo le forze inferiori nella Forza Superiore indefinibile, che si compie nel sei.

VIII. Allora, figlio del desiderio, sarai come gli dei, i demoni e gli eroi, padrone dell'oscurità e della luce dei sette.

IX. (In ciò) consiste la sapienza, sapiente di ogni sapienza; sarai tanto grande da essere indefinito e indefinibile. Vincerà chi (pesa) di più sulla bilancia dell'Otto.

X. Così il mondo (inventò) i suoi ideali. Si può adattare questo Arcano a qualunque (cosa): serpeggiando, vibra come corda di cetra e si fa numero caduco. Anche ogni causa seconda.

XI. Pertanto io fui chiamato Annunciatore di Thot, più schiavo della causa della ragione, che amico della ragione stessa.

XII. (Quanto detto) delle umili operazioni di Urano e di Saturno serva di prima guida ai desiderosi: Osiride è un Dio Nero.

This reddit thread is the only English translation I could find. The translator himself wonders whether it's the complementary or the "below" version to the "above" that is the Emerald Tablet ('or the other way around' as he put it).

Here is my own humble, but half-baked attempt at translating it. Text below:

THE RUBY TABLET​

1. It is not most certain nor most true how the mind of creation is to be comprehended. Truly incomprehensible is the mind of the Creator. That which is above is not like that which is below. Above resides the magnificence(?) of Unity and below the wretchedness of multiplicity, which appears to be everything and is nothing.

2. And since all things participate in multiplicity, the less True, Alive, Good they become as they distance themselves from The One.

3. Behold the number, the manifold, the enclosure, the corpse of one: Its father was the desire of the Earth, its mother the ignorance. The Sun decomposes the corpse and the Wind disperses the stench of the fruit of the two.

4. This desire created Heroes, demons, and gods; this ignorance was preserved in everything possible, complicating any tradition that is the three.

5. And he reigned in Evil, in Blood, outside of the Rose, in the abomination of the four.

6. You will unite the one with the two, the One with the Many, the breath with the self, gently, with great care, up to nine, skipping over the five.

7. Since it descends from Heaven to Earth and ascends back to heaven, disrupting the lower forces in the Higher indefinable Supreme force, which ends in six.

8. Then, son (child?) of desire you shall be like the Gods, the demons and the heroes, master of the darkness and the light of the seven.

9. Here lies knowledge (wisdom?), knower of all knowledge' you shall be so great that you will be undefined and undefinable. He who weighs more on the scale of eight shall win.

10. This is how the world invented its ideals. You can apply this Arcanum to anything: progressing helically, it vibrates like a zither (lyre?) string and becomes a transient (transitive?) number. Likewise every secondary cause.

11. Thus, I was named the Messenger of Thoth, more of a slave to the cause of Reason (logos, logic?), than friend of Reason itself.

12. Let whatever has been said about the humble functions of Uranus and Saturn be a guide to the aspirants: Osiris is a dark god (god of darkness?).

Contrary to the origin of my alias, I’m not Italian, but I did what I could using the reddit translation in conjunction with a Greek one that's been floating around the internet for a while now. If there are any Italians who would like to lend a hand, I’d greatly appreciate it! :)

Other than that, I'd obviously like to hear your thoughts on the subject matter!

Back
Top Bottom