The power of the Pendulum

Okay I just recorded this, I had hard time uploading the video directly here so I post it on YouTube and private it only to share the link here, it end up being a long video and apologies for that, you can skip parts, I did a long introduction and explanation before doing the demonstration. Hopefully you can understand me talking. And also, I realized that I’m a hand talker lol

A long time ago I had a handmade pendulum. But it didn't go any further than a couple of attempts. Now I realize that I was too young and didn't have the right books and information to start.
Thank you, irgiO, for taking up the pendulum, starting your experience and sharing your tips. I was very interested in learning all this. Your actions have encouraged me to buy a pendulum.

Thank you, irgiO, for taking up the pendulum, starting your experience and sharing your tips. I was very interested in learning all this. Your actions have encouraged me to buy a pendulum.

For sure! And just in case, you don’t need to buy one, you can create your own, for example, I’ve seen people grabbing a key (like a house key) and attached to a rod and it easily works the same, or something similar like that. But if you would like to really purchase one, I would recommend you a metal one, because they can be a bit heavier and an easier to grab. Let me know how it goes!

Hi irjO, nice video! It was well done and pretty comprehensive.

I have never read Lethbridge, but I was introduced to pendulums and Tarot cards by New Age "angel people" people back in the 90's. Luckily I didn't throw the baby out with the bathwater, as I've had to unlearn almost everything I was taught back then! I've used a pendulum for divination for a long time. I'll describe my process so as to add to the data here.

I have two pendulums, one copper and one rose quartz, like you have. I use the copper one mostly but both work well.

What I do before doing a session is I say out loud: "Any beings present here that are not of the light must leave, now (e.g. STS)" and I repeat it three times (of course I have to excuse my selfish STS self LOL).

Then I hold the pendulum and "ground" by simply being present in the moment and clearing my mind. When that's done I then ask something like this:

"If there are any beings of pure light and intention of STO persuasion who are willing and able to provide information that me or my higher self does not have for the questions I intend to ask (implied: while letting my higher self instead provide the answers I need if it has them), then I would be very grateful if you could, through my higher self through me through this pendulum, provide answers to my questions WHILE NOT LETTING MY OWN PERSONAL ANXIOUS STATE get in the way of my receiving the truth." I found adding that last little bit has made a HUGE difference in the quality of my answers, especially when asking health questions.

I then do a calibration, where I hold the pendulum a few inches above my hand like you said your mom does, then I ask it two questions: "Please show me your no: is my name [X]? (not my real name)." If it responds, it moves horizontally as it does for your "no" answers. Then I ask it: "Please show me your yes: is my name [Y]? (my real name)." If it responds, it moves vertically for my "yes" answers, as for you. (Sometimes I get no response, which tells me I need to do the session another time.)

I then go through with my questions, "yes" or "no" only. I do touch it between each answer to "reground" it as sometimes it takes too long to stop moving before the next question.

Often when I ask a question I won't get a "yes" or "no"; instead, the pendulum will simply stay straight up and down and will. not. move!! That tells me I need to move off of that subject or that I'm asking the wrong questions. That also happens when whatever source is giving answers decides it's had enough!!

Overall I've had excellent guidance from the pendulum, particularly with regards to health concerns. The one drawback with my method as compared to yours is, with your letter board you have the option to ask questions that your "source" can answer directly, giving information like the C's. With my "yes" or "no" method I'm stuck having to trust that I am asking the right questions, and there's no option for me to know what I don't know. My source can't tell me what I need to know before I can ask the right questions in other words. So I might need to get a board like yours!

Hi irjO,
One thing caught my attention:

So I am curious 🧐 what exactly do You visualize?
Objective information - is abstract.
Visualisation of abstract concept is something concrete.
If not a secret, what is it?
Good question, I don’t visualize the information itself, I visualize me receiving information, like, I’m picturing myself in my mind with the pendulum and myself acting as an “antenna” getting like light from a point a little above of my head to my head and then the light goes traveling through my head to my arm and from my arm to the pendulum on my hand! I imagine that lights as information.
When I explain it like this, it sounds a little delulu I know, but that’s how I would picture it.

Overall I've had excellent guidance from the pendulum, particularly with regards to health concerns. The one drawback with my method as compared to yours is, with your letter board you have the option to ask questions that your "source" can answer directly, giving information like the C's. With my "yes" or "no" method I'm stuck having to trust that I am asking the right questions, and there's no option for me to know what I don't know. My source can't tell me what I need to know before I can ask the right questions in other words. So I might need to get a board like yours!
It it’s interesting that when I asked the pendulum health related question, specially regarding allergies, the answers quite surprised me because it mentioned that I’m allergic to regular black pepper and egg whites, I thought I wasn’t because I never felt any issues with it but ima experimenting not eating egg whites and allergy to that is not shocker anyways, it’s very common but it’s interesting nevertheless. Tomorrow I have the appointment with dermatologist to see what exact condition I have on my skin, let’s see if it was right.

Now, when you say STO and STS energies, “my source and your source”, that could still be a preconception of New Age stuff still. Remember that basically pendulums are a direct communication with our different state of mind or centers, it can communicate with our lower centers or higher centers through our subconscious. This is something I learned pretty well during these times. Yes, it could connect with our higher self or higher center mind, also known as unconscious mind (not proven, but I can have a little faith here and there) but is not like a spirit board or ouija board, that indeed can attract any type of energies around.

Thank you irjO! Great video. I started experimenting with pendulum myself a while ago. I didn't go beyond 'yes' and 'no' answers, but now I'll try different approach. I have notice one thing about answers in my experiments . For me it seemed easier to get consistent answers when I was asking questions about physical objects. Now I suspect that identifying the source of information first, like you do, may be necessary.

Thank you irjO! Great video. I started experimenting with pendulum myself a while ago. I didn't go beyond 'yes' and 'no' answers, but now I'll try different approach. I have notice one thing about answers in my experiments . For me it seemed easier to get consistent answers when I was asking questions about physical objects. Now I suspect that identifying the source of information first, like you do, may be necessary.

So usually when it does this, from what I have learned, it’s kinda connecting to the information field to be used to find objects, or to detect specific objects/areas. Usually for some people it works like that very successfully, and doesn’t work much connecting to the subconscious mind or it connects with our ego side only, which is fine, or either one needs more practice with it or it could be that’s what we can only access through that method depending on many factors.
In my case, I tried using it for objects or finding things and it hasn’t been much of a help, although it moves but hasn’t been very trustworthy for that specific intent, but it’s been really good answering to questions. Let know how it goes if you try it again.

There is one more thing - the length of the string. Lethbridge puts some significance into that aspect. Did you notice anything about it, did you experiment with different lengths of the chain, string? I'm assuming - it might have more meaning when it comes to finding specific objects (the material they are made of). I got mixed results but for me when it comes to 'yes no' questioning 27cm seems to be ... oscillating with more ease.

There is one more thing - the length of the string. Lethbridge puts some significance into that aspect. Did you notice anything about it, did you experiment with different lengths of the chain, string? I'm assuming - it might have more meaning when it comes to finding specific objects (the material they are made of). I got mixed results but for me when it comes to 'yes no' questioning 27cm seems to be ... oscillating with more ease.

Yes, I mentioned it briefly in the video, if you use it with a long string/rod, it might move slower than desired, you wanna find the middle ground, not too short, but not too long either. If you have a pendulum or something that can act as a pendulum, that has a long string, you can grab it from the middle of the string, so it makes the distance between your fingers and the tip of the pendulum or the pointer shorter. But like many things on this exercise, is just a recommendation, at the end will be your preference.

Back
Top Bottom