The Politics of Climate Change: Green New Deal And Other Madness

indeed, the likes are also a nuisance when we are talking of serious subjects. a picture of a cat gets an infinity of likes and a serious post gets an epsilon. we must find a way to make our comments more constructive. any suggestion?
Are you equating likes, with comments, because surely a lot of people like cats, so it is not surprising that they would get a lot of likes. Not sure what you mean by 'finding a way to make our comments more constructive'. It is just the process of networking, people will comment on what they are feeling, and how constructive they are, can be subjective, depending on the listener or reader. Not sure what the context is that you are referring to. With the many thousands of comments here, not sure you could make that generalization. I will throw it back to you. Any suggestions?

Green madness for real :halo: in China, found on YouTube, a snap shot frame of the video :

View attachment 75643

I don't know if this serpentza guy really hates China, and likes to live there in order to hate it better and more fully, or if he's a Western asset. Either way, he sure doesn't have much in the way of critical thinking skills. Example below of him talking about America's very good diplomacy around the world.

About the green paint, yeah it's pretty ridiculous. I think what's shown in the video is called 'lawn paint', which is made out of kaolin clay and plant pigments. Spray it on, and it'll last for two or three weeks. It's like makeup for your lawn - the ultimate dream of those obsessed with keeping up appearances. If the grass is dead, let it be dead IMO.

It's definitely not something that's only done in China, tho, which is what serpentza wants us to think.

No clue about the fields of stones-on-rebar...

Are you equating likes, with comments, because surely a lot of people like cats, so it is not surprising that they would get a lot of likes. Not sure what you mean by 'finding a way to make our comments more constructive'. It is just the process of networking, people will comment on what they are feeling, and how constructive they are, can be subjective, depending on the listener or reader. Not sure what the context is that you are referring to. With the many thousands of comments here, not sure you could make that generalization. I will throw it back to you. Any suggestions?
ok, my suggestions:
- when i get an information which i believe to be of value, i would like to express my appreciation to the supplyer of the information for having taken the time to disseminate it. so, il would like a symbol standing for "thank you"
- when the information presents something likeable, i stick to the facebook like
- when the information presents something despicable, to which i cannot agree, i would like a sign condemning the fact AFTER having thanked for the info.

London mayor Sadiq Khan has stepped up his war on motorists by ordering officials to draw up plans for introducing a road-pricing scheme.

Ministers told the Commons yesterday that the Labour mayor was planning to hit drivers with a pay-per-mile or pay-per-minute regime to use the capital's roads.

Older vehicles which pollute the environment and motorists using roads at peak times could be charged more under the scheme.

It sparked fury among MPs and campaigners, who accused Mr Khan of trying to 'shut London down'.

There are also fears he could try to impose the initiative on the entire Greater London area, echoing his controversial Ultra Low Emission Zone (Ulez) scheme.

The Ultra Low Emission Zone (Ulez) currently covers the area inside the North and South Circular roads, but the Mayor intends to expand it across all of Greater London on August 29.

The £12.50 daily Ulez charge is set to be expanded to all London boroughs on August 29. It applies to cars that do not meet strict environmental standards.

Roads minister Richard Holden told MPs he met senior officials at Transport for London (TfL), where Mr Khan is chairman, on Tuesday.

He said: 'They informed me that the mayor of London, in anticipation of falling revenues from the Ulez in the future – in the next few years – had asked them to investigate the technicalities of introducing road charging across London in the future.'

It is not known how the scheme would work but the mayor could use the capital's CCTV cameras to enforce it, to monitor how long a driver was on the road for or how far they had travelled.

Ministers see road pricing as one way of plugging the growing hole in the public finances due to more people switching to electric cars, which are exempt from road tax.

Pure electric cars don't run on petrol or diesel so fuel duty receipts are also falling. Road tax and fuel duty are worth more than £30billion to the Treasury every year.

Tory MP Greg Smith said: 'I think we do have to have a debate in this country about how, when petrol and diesel is no more, you fill the shortfall from motoring taxes.

'But for Sadiq Khan to try to do it unilaterally, without Treasury involvement, when there's still full throttle fuel duty, vehicle excise duty and his own Ulez and congestion charges in place, it's yet another slap in the face from a Labour mayor. He... is doing his best to shut London down.'

Christina Calderato, TfL's Director of Strategy and Policy, said: 'The technology to implement a simple and fair road user charging scheme in a complex city like London is still many years away.'

Howard Cox, London mayoral candidate for Reform UK and founder of the FairFuelUK campaign, said: 'The cameras he is rabidly installing across London are not just to grab ULEZ cash, they are being dishonestly put in place to support his pay-per-mile plans too.

'There will be a rebellion of seismic proportions if road charging is implemented without a full referendum of drivers.

London's Ulez mirrors similar low-emission zones to improve air quality in more than 200 cities in ten countries across Europe.

In March, Mr Khan claimed that 'anti-vaxxers, Covid deniers, conspiracy theorists and Nazis' had joined 'decent Tories' in opposing the Ulez expansion.

He also branded some Ulez opponents 'far-Right' at a public meeting in Ealing, west London, earlier that month.

Mr Khan's comments at the time sparked outrage, with Conservative Party chairman Greg Hands calling for him to be voted out in the next election.

Comme je vous le dis depuis longtemps, ils n’ont AUCUN ARGUMENT, donc ils censurent, manipulent etc... (dans tous les domaines)
Les scientifiques travaillant sur l’étude la plus fiable sur le changement climatique ont été invités à dissimuler le fait que la température mondiale n’a pas augmenté au cours des 15 dernières années !
Publié la semaine prochaine, il devrait aborder le fait que 1998 a été l’année la plus chaude jamais enregistrée et que les températures mondiales ne l’ont pas encore dépassée, ce que les scientifiques ont jusqu’à présent eu du mal à expliquer.
Le rapport est le résultat de six années de travail du Groupe d’experts intergouvernemental sur l’évolution du climat (GIEC) de l’ONU, qui est considéré comme l’autorité mondiale sur l’ampleur du changement climatique et ses causes - sur lequel les gouvernements, y compris le Royaume-Uni, fondent leurs politiques vertes.
Les meilleurs climatologues du monde ont reçu l’ordre de « dissimuler » le fait que la température de la Terre n’a pas augmenté au cours des 15 dernières années
Un rapport de l’ONU sur le changement climatique qui a fait l’objet d’une fuite a révélé de profondes inquiétudes parmi les politiciens quant à l’absence d’alerte mondiale au cours des 15 dernières années.

As I have been telling you for a long time, they have NO ARGUMENT, so they censor, manipulate etc... (in all areas)
Scientists working on the most reliable study of climate change have been told to cover up the fact that global temperature hasn't risen in the past 15 years!
Released next week, it is expected to address the fact that 1998 was the hottest year on record and global temperatures have yet to surpass it, something scientists have so far struggled to explain.
The report is the result of six years of work by the UN's Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC), which is considered the world's authority on the extent of climate change and its causes - on on which governments, including the UK, base their green policies.
The world's top climate scientists have been ordered to 'cover up' the fact that Earth's temperature hasn't risen in the past 15 years
A leaked UN report on climate change has revealed deep concern among politicians about the lack of global warning for the past 15 years.
World's top climate scientists told to 'cover up' the fact that the Earth's temperature hasn't risen for the last 15 years
Mail Online (World's top climate scientists told to 'cover up' the fact that the Earth's temperature hasn't risen for the last 15 years)
1689405646182.png

Released next week, it is expected to address the fact that 1998 was the hottest year on record and global temperatures have yet to surpass it, something scientists have so far struggled to explain.
One should just keep in mind that the article is from 2013. It is not that it is wrong, but it is not breaking news and the 15 years of no warming is from 1998 to 2013. How the data is since, I don't know.

The wikipedia has done what it does best, namely hiding the truth and explaining things away so that the overall ideology is not disturbed. So they have an entry which explains why the 15 year pause doesn't mean anything of interest.
A global warming hiatus,[1] also sometimes referred to as a global warming pause[2] or a global warming slowdown,[3] is a period of relatively little change in globally averaged surface temperatures.[4] In the current episode of global warming many such 15-year periods appear in the surface temperature record, along with robust evidence of the long-term warming trend.[1] Such a "hiatus" is shorter than the 30-year periods that climate is classically averaged over.[5]

Publicity has surrounded claims of a global warming hiatus during the period 1998–2013. The exceptionally warm El Niño year of 1998 was an outlier from the continuing temperature trend, and so subsequent annual temperatures gave the appearance of a hiatus: by January 2006, it appeared to some that global warming had stopped or paused.
So all is well, it only appeared to have paused to some. You can feel how the writers likely cracked open the champagne and had a good relaxed laugh after they managed to put that annoyance behind them. Now the go to site for the official sanctioned truth, wikipedia has taken care of it for any curious people who are slightly curious but still believes the MSM and the authorities. Wikipedia is not so much about reigning in the few rebellious sheep but rather to ensure that the whole herd doesn't follow suit.

The windmill industry recently answered critics, that they were profitable even without government subsidies. In some countries, the subsidies were lowered. One would expect that in a capitalist system, the windmill industry would be happy in a competitive climate especially since big fossil fuel competitors are severely hampered in the competition. It appears that they are not so profitable after all and now they resort to blackmail to get big government subsidies.

[...]
The industry lobbyists claim that unforeseen rising costs now require three actions:

1. A revision to the auction rules so that the winners are not determined by lowest bids but by an administrative decision that weights bids according to their ‘value’ in contributing towards the Net Zero targets.
  2. Special new targets and thus market shares for floating offshore wind, one of the most expensive of all forms of generation;
  3. A vast increase in the budget for the fifth auction (AR5) of Contracts for Difference subsidies, with an increase of two and half times the current levels for non-floating offshore wind alone;
Such changes, were the Government to agree to them, would not only increase the total amount of subsidy to an industry that was until recently claiming no longer to need public support, but also provide the industry with protected shares of the energy market, eliminating risks for investors at the expense of the paying public. It would also clearly be an open invitation to corruption.
[...]
Like Ukraine, the windmill industry is another big gaping hole where untold billions of $$$ will disappear until people have enough.

A bizarre narrative on climate change by Democracy Now! Where are they going with this?

Meet the TV Meteorologist Who Quit After Facing Death Threats for Explaining Climate Crisis on Air
73,327 views Jul 11, 2023
Chris Gloninger resigned from his position as chief meteorologist for KCCI-TV in Des Moines, Iowa, on Friday after receiving death threats as a direct result of reporting on climate change. One man behind the emails has pleaded guilty to harassment. We speak with Gloninger, now a senior climate scientist at the Woods Hole Group, about the difficulties scientists and journalists face when reporting on the climate crisis. "Meteorologists need to be doing this more, not less," says Gloninger.

It's been about 18C* (with mild forms of precipitation and cloud cover) over the last few days. With a high of 31C* in the prior week while fluctuating with wild swings of crazy storm weather. This year has been not normal (IMHO), but is now the new normal.

Does this image shock anyone? These are the temperatures forecast for Tuesday over part of the Northern Hemisphere. The color scale is insufficient as the # #canicule is extreme. Probable 50°C and a torrid expanse beyond belief
Line-2
17° on Nantes la Baule, there is a big problem with your card
Screenshot 2023-07-16 at 22-18-47 Anthony Grillon 🌪 on Twitter.png

A bizarre narrative on climate change by Democracy Now! Where are they going with this?

Meet the TV Meteorologist Who Quit After Facing Death Threats for Explaining Climate Crisis on Air
73,327 views Jul 11, 2023

It's been about 18C* (with mild forms of precipitation and cloud cover) over the last few days. With a high of 31C* in the prior week while fluctuating with wild swings of crazy storm weather. This year has been not normal (IMHO), but is now the new normal.

Does this image shock anyone? These are the temperatures forecast for Tuesday over part of the Northern Hemisphere. The color scale is insufficient as the # #canicule is extreme. Probable 50°C and a torrid expanse beyond belief
Line-2
17° on Nantes la Baule, there is a big problem with your card
View attachment 78192

i did not get it. what is it about??

Yesterday morning in London -

Popular electric car bursts into flames on residential street

A dramatic video shows the moment an electric car burst into flames on a street in north London.

Police and three fire engines were sent to the scene on Perth Road, Ilford, this morning to reports of a car alight.

Witness Eugenio Mereu saw the Tesla car blazing as well as the billowing black smoke on the side of the street this morning.

He says the car was a Tesla Model Y, which have a starting price of around £44,990.

Mr Mereu, who owns a similar car, said: There was a bit of a commotion and I went outside and it had caught on fire, completely.

"Imagine, I've got the same car, same colour, same year, everything brand new. I was like 'oh my God that's concerning'.

"Imagine the owner not knowing, obviously they parked it overnight.

"Even more fire engines started coming, more police afterwards as well. Then they started to tell people to go back indoors and move us on, to not cause a commotion or make it worse."

In January this year, it took 22,000 litres of water to put out a similarly spontaneous fire on a Tesla Model S sports car in Sacramento, California.

A website called Tesla Fire, claims 204 Tesla fires in cars made by Elon Musk's company have been reported in the media.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom