The New Forum

Re: A new challenger appears !

Polonel said:
What about the fate of the french forum ?

This forum will have eventually have sections for French, Spanish, and possibly other languages.
Maintaining multiple forums was a pain!

Scott said:
Polonel said:
What about the fate of the french forum ?

This forum will have eventually have sections for French, Spanish, and possibly other languages.
Maintaining multiple forums was a pain!

Also the discussions that happened in the French forum have been saved.

[quote author=Polonel]It reminds me an anectode : I helped for the translation of "Hello NATO, Goodbye France" article. After that, I decided to spread the word on other lambda forums : the reception was rather cold. Most people have their own "rationnal" explanations, one of them even told me that the presence of the condom box is perfectly normal : french soldiers use condoms to protect their rifles against water and humidity ! So they could use condom boxes to stock ammunitions. I got at least a dozen of arguments against this über bullcrap, but I just gave up. Even in front of the most incriminating evidences, they just don't want to go beyond the official and reassuring official theory. I don't know what is worse : being unable to wake up, or not wanting to ?[/quote]

I truly understand what you are saying.

It is so very frustrating to post comments to sites and see just how mechanical the reactions are. Add to that while perusing comments on different articles you see the same thing. Those who are so sound asleep, so wrapped up in their materialism, that they don't want to see anything any differently.

Here in the U.S. the people are so asleep, and loving it, that it is impossible to break through their slumber. It's like banging your head against a brick wall, or talking to the air, nobody wants to see things any differently because then they would have to acknowledge the fact that all is not well in their illusion.

Those who wake up for an instant go back to sleep because, "what can they do about it." They don't even want to know what they can do about it. So they quickly go back to sleep.

I, too, am glad that this forum is now the Cassiopaea Forum and esoterically inclined.

Great work guys and thank you. :cool:

Hi Everyone:

How exciting.. a new look to the forum and a new name! :D
I've been lurking and reading here for a while, but I noticed the change and just had to say something. The forum looks great and I look forward to reading and following along more on this "new focus".

Laura said:
The bottom line seems to be this: there does not seem to be very much that anyone can do about the way the world is going right now. Without wide, popular support, which can only happen if the public gets educated, and fully half of them aren't even capable of it, there just isn't anything that can be done about what is going to happen. As I have said on numerous occasions, people are going to have to suffer a whole lot more before they wake up.

Are we "giving up"? No, just changing our focus. We see what is coming, and those who are capable of developing "receivership capability" need to be working on that. There simply is no way to wake up those who won't and CAN'T wake up.

Les Visible said:
I do not know what will come as the movie plays out before us. I know that evil destroys itself and the sooner the better. My thoughts are with you who know the truth of what I have said. For the rest of you, this is a dream that just came and went and your participation and recollection of your life will scatter in the wind the way leaves are tossed on a windy street, turning in time, back to the common earth from which they came.

In a few days I will be on the road and unable to post your comments for a little while, just send them in and they will go up. I may not write again for some time. I'm not sure that what I have to say makes much of a difference in any case. Thank you for your fine commentary and for the time we spent together. I don't know what lies ahead. We will have to wait and see... it all works out in the end... of that I am convinced.

It Always Breaks Your Heart

I see the sadness of Laura and Les Visible's posts today, a gesture they have made and a deep acceptence of the nature of reality that precludes the rescue of most of humanity from the suffering and violence descending upon the planet in this time. I have tears this afternoon accepting that I also know the denounement is upon us. I have made progress using the horror around us as a shock to
arouse me from lethargy. Thank both of you for your work. I don't know if it is appropriate, but I would like to mark the changes with
a poem by Robert Frost.

Robert Frost said:
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening

Whose woods these are I think I know.
His house is in the village, though;
He will not see me stopping there
To watch his woods fill up with snow.

My little horse must think it queer
To stop without a farmhouse near
Between the woods and frozen lake
The darkest evening of the year.

He gives his harness bells a shake
To ask if there is some mistake.
The only other sound's the sweep
Of easy wind and downy flake.

The woods are lovely, dark, and deep,
But I have promises to keep,
And miles to go before I sleep,
And miles to go before I sleep.

go2 said:
I see the sadness of Laura and Les Visible's posts today, a gesture they have made and a deep acceptence of the nature of reality that precludes the rescue of most of humanity from the suffering and violence descending upon the planet in this time.

I would disagree that sadness is really the main force behind Laura's words. I would have no idea what is behind Les' words, but it appears, to me at least, that Laura has simply decided that enough time and energy has been spent on those who can't hear, or won't hear - the time and energy that has been spent has, of course, been more than worthwhile, simply because if there was the slightest chance that someone who wandered through the news and politics pages caught the deeper message, then it was a job well done, but now it is time to take a different tack; to refine and focus more deeply on what, in the end, WILL make a difference.

It very much is NOT a giving up or giving in on Laura's part - (again Les and Laura are very, very different people driven by very different things so no idea what is up with Les) - it is an adjustment driven by high awareness and a understanding of 'what is needed when' - after all...

Code:
'timing' is everything...

... and we have a lot of Work to do - very exciting 'time', actually! :D

This should be in here too:

http://www.sott.net/articles/show/163563-Dear-world-please-confront-America

Naomi Wolf said:
The Red Cross report has leaked: torture and war crimes. Jane Mayer's impeccably researched exposé "The Dark Side" just hit the stores: torture, crafted and directed from the top.

The Washington Post gave readers actual video footage of the abusive interrogation of a Canadian minor, Omar Khadr, who was seen showing his still-bleeding abdominal wounds, weeping and pleading with his captors.

So the truth is out and freely available. And America is still napping, worrying about its weight, and hanging out at the mall.

(...)

To paraphrase Abraham Lincoln, if torture is not wrong, nothing is wrong.

And yet no such thing has occurred. There is no crisis in America's churches and synagogues, no Christian and Jewish leaders crying out for justice in the name of Jesus, a tortured political prisoner, or of Yahweh, who demands righteousness. I asked a contact in the interfaith world why. He replied, "The mainstream churches don't care, because they are Republican. And the synagogues don't care, because the prisoners are Arabs."

It was then that I realized that I could not be in love with my country right now. How can I care about the fate of people like that? If this is what Americans are feeling, if that is who we are, we don't deserve our Constitution and Bill of Rights.

I also think its time to shift focus now. On a personal note, I belive I see it too.

Trying to wake up people who don't want to/can't be is something I struggle not to do anymore. It's hard. I see all these people in my practice and they are so caught up in their dramas (which I totally understand and try to help them out with). To them, solving these dramas (a angry boss, a cheating wife, a narcissistic boyfriend, etc.) is THE thing that will give them happiness.

I very often think during a session 'if only you knew...' when someone tells me that he has all the time in the world to resolve this issue. I try to be externally considered and sometimes when I see the person is a little bit more interested in an in-depth work, I try to talk about more serious stuff. I always stress the importance of self-remembering, programs, etc. which is something I ask them to do outside the session if they are interested.

Once, one of them was really observing his programs and began to see that he was really prisoner of them and had some sort of positive disintegration, which I tried to explain. But he quickly shoved it under the rug, saying he no longer wanted to think about that, that he felt better living semi-happily in his programs rather than depressed because of them.

The same goes with my friends. Even when they are interested, the only thing they say about the state of the world, psychopaths, etc. is 'he, what'cha gonna do??'. And change the subject.

It sometimes feels so selfish, but it really seems sometimes like we can only work on ourselves and that's about it. I try to leave the door open... but no one ever comes and knock.

go2 said:
Robert Frost said:
The woods are lovely, dark, and deep,
But I have promises to keep,
And miles to go before I sleep,
And miles to go before I sleep.

That says it all... I have promises to keep, and need energy to keep them...

...and miles to go before I sleep.

Mrs.Tigersoap said:
Trying to wake up people who don't want to/can't be is something I struggle not to do anymore. It's hard.

It can get very discouraging, there really has to be a moral bankruptcy, otherwise a person can still hold on to their illusions, their sacred cows. Gurdjieff said something about being "burned":

ISOTM said:
A man must be sufficiently disappointed in ordinary ways and he must at the same time think or be able to accept the idea that there may be something— somewhere. If you should speak to such a man, he might discern the flavor of truth in what you say no matter how clumsily you might speak. But if you should speak to a man who is convinced about something else, everything you say will sound absurd to him and he will never even listen to you seriously. It is not worth while wasting time on him. This system is for those who have already sought and have burned themselves. Those who have not sought and who are not seeking do not need it. And those who have not yet burned themselves do not need it either."

Perhaps leaving the door open without anticipation will ease the disappointment. Although non-anticipation is difficult too.

Mrs.Tigersoap said:
The same goes with my friends. Even when they are interested, the only thing they say about the state of the world, psychopaths, etc. is 'he, what'cha gonna do??'. And change the subject.

It sometimes feels so selfish, but it really seems sometimes like we can only work on ourselves and that's about it. I try to leave the door open... but no one ever comes and knock.

Yeah.... its not really selfish to leave people alone. My Hubby says our lives are like boats on the water, we make waves as we live our lives that do have an impact on others....it just isn't in a big splashy way. If my life makes a difference to someone else, it'll come from how I live one day at a time. There's no point
in stressing about it.

Its the natural progression in Working.....osit

Laura said:
It's a conundrum.

Anyway, our new forum, which has many features that the old one did not have, will enable us to begin to sort these things out a bit. Soon, parts of the forum will be no longer public - they will be for members only. Only in this way will we be able to get a real idea of who is and who is not truly interested in the esoteric view vs the "ordinary view".

I have also decided that my energy will be better invested in more Cs sessions, conducting them, publishing them, making them more accessible to those who are interested. We have a lot of sessions that have never been published, and I would like to have more sessions than we have been having and that means I need to divert energy from news gathering and commentary.

The bottom line seems to be this: there does not seem to be very much that anyone can do about the way the world is going right now. Without wide, popular support, which can only happen if the public gets educated, and fully half of them aren't even capable of it, there just isn't anything that can be done about what is going to happen. As I have said on numerous occasions, people are going to have to suffer a whole lot more before they wake up.

Are we "giving up"? No, just changing our focus. We see what is coming, and those who are capable of developing "receivership capability" need to be working on that. There simply is no way to wake up those who won't and CAN'T wake up.

I had very little understanding of politics until I started reading SOTT and I'm thankful for what I have learned. Cassiopaea is what brought me to SOTT, so I'm really looking forward to a more esoteric slant. :cool2:

Mrs.Tigersoap said:
Trying to wake up people who don't want to/can't be is something I struggle not to do anymore. It's hard. I see all these people in my practice and they are so caught up in their dramas (which I totally understand and try to help them out with). To them, solving these dramas (a angry boss, a cheating wife, a narcissistic boyfriend, etc.) is THE thing that will give them happiness.

I very often think during a session 'if only you knew...' when someone tells me that he has all the time in the world to resolve this issue. I try to be externally considered and sometimes when I see the person is a little bit more interested in an in-depth work, I try to talk about more serious stuff. I always stress the importance of self-remembering, programs, etc. which is something I ask them to do outside the session if they are interested.

I can relate to that very much. Being a massage therapist, people sometimes just come to me talk to someone about their problems while being massaged.....and I also think to myself "if only you knew....". I learned to be external considerate and maybe spread some "seeds of awareness" to make them think, but there is only so much you can give, if it is not asked for. Some people just seem to enjoy their "un-happiness".

Im glad to see a new challenger here, welcome to the English speaking reflection of the site my brother. May your time spent here serve you well.

I for one am glad to hear that there is now a shifted focus of the forum to matters more esoteric, but at the same time slightly sad that the readership has plateaued out.

I just wanted to say thankyou to Laura for all her hard work and energy which has been channeled into the signs work, and the work of searching out articles and stories for the addition to the signs page. A great deal of energy has been used in this "doing" and I'm glad you have made the decision to focus more on "The work", instead of the headlines. I hope this will bring you to a far greater understanding (than you already posses) of how all the dots connect form an esoteric understanding.

anart said:
it appears, to me at least, that Laura has simply decided that enough time and energy has been spent on those who can't hear, or won't hear - the time and energy that has been spent has, of course, been more than worthwhile, simply because if there was the slightest chance that someone who wandered through the news and politics pages caught the deeper message, then it was a job well done

I agree with what Anart has said here wholeheartedly. That althought the time and energy spent tyring to reach those who have the possibility of waking up, was a more than worthwhile endevour. It is maybe time the teachers, let those they have tought so far, do the work to take up the mantle of teaching and waking up any others who still have that possibility, while the teachers take the time out from the more mundane tasks, and re-focus and learn the next few chapters of this story and relay it for the rest to study.

There are many people I know and know-of who have benefited from wandering the signs pages, and lurking around the forum, and for that, they are all (in their own ways) very grateful for what work has been done here. Personally I have learnt so much, and still owe so much to the many people involved with putting the Cass and Signs sites together, that it is a debt I fear I may never get to repay fully. This lighthouse in the seas of creation has helped me and so many others to lead a fuller, safer, and more "real" life than we ever could have wihout it, and learnt so much more about the essence of who we are beyond our mechanical selves, we would be lost in the waves without you.

Hi Polonel
Its nice to see the changes help promote greater interaction :)

Appollynon said:
I agree with what Anart has said here wholeheartedly. That althought the time and energy spent tyring to reach those who have the possibility of waking up, was a more than worthwhile endevour. It is maybe time the teachers, let those they have tought so far, do the work to take up the mantle of teaching and waking up any others who still have that possibility, while the teachers take the time out from the more mundane tasks, and re-focus and learn the next few chapters of this story and relay it for the rest to study.

There are many people I know and know-of who have benefited from wandering the signs pages, and lurking around the forum, and for that, they are all (in their own ways) very grateful for what work has been done here. Personally I have learnt so much, and still owe so much to the many people involved with putting the Cass and Signs sites together, that it is a debt I fear I may never get to repay fully. This lighthouse in the seas of creation has helped me and so many others to lead a fuller, safer, and more "real" life than we ever could have wihout it, and learnt so much more about the essence of who we are beyond our mechanical selves, we would be lost in the waves without you.

As a resident lurker I totally agree. The last few weeks I have eben taking up more slack in my personal life (accepting my responsibilities) so to take up slack here would be a privilage! I hope that I am able to contribute in the right way at the right 'times' :)

Back
Top Bottom