The Ice Age Cometh! Forget Global Warming!

If the tendency of the past few months holds, when winter comes, it might be a real shock to most people. I wouldn't be surprised if this winter is the onset of the Ice Age.

Had not looked into the Farmers Almanac, and so did just now (at least for above and below the 49th in North America) - Get your Parkas out:

The BRRR Is Back!​

Remember last winter? Yea, it was an odd one. So, what’s in store for this coming winter? Will the temperatures remind you of a more traditional Canadian winter? Will snow lovers rejoice?

Winter officially starts on Wednesday, December 21, 2023, but cold temperatures will blow in before then. In fact, meteorological winter starts on December 1. (See your region’s December forecast.)
[...]

Reason For The Return Of The “Brrr”​

Yes, Canada, traditional winter weather is coming back. Get ready to enjoy hot chocolate by the fireside, skiing, ice skating, and all things winter! Very cold temperatures and lots of BRRRs are expected for much of Alberta, Saskatchewan, Manitoba, and westernmost Ontario. Newfoundland and Labrador will experience icy temperatures, but our predictions suggest that this area won’t be as cold as the middle of the country. Only British Columbia will see near-normal temperatures throughout the winter season.

Got Snow?​

It’s not winter without snow, right? Where should snow-lovers rejoice? The Great Lakes region! If you live or plan to visit areas around the Great Lakes, you should get your fill of snow as our forecast points to above-normal amounts.
Both coastal regions of Canada will see a mixed bag of wintry precipitation. British Columbia will see another wet, white winter with temperatures just above and below the freezing mark.

Some Winter Weather Advisories Include:

• Wintery mix of rain, sleet, and snow in the second week of January over the Pacific Coast, Ontario, Quebec, and the Maritimes.
  • Heavy mountain snows over the Rockies and Prairies during the first week of February.
  • A coastal storm affecting Quebec and the Maritimes during the second week of February, followed by a wave of frigid air.
  • March could go out like a lion with stormy conditions nationwide; a white Easter Sunday seems possible for southern Ontario, Quebec, and Atlantic Canada.
On their main page, it looks to the Sun:

Sun Spots May Mean Arctic Shots​

With the solar max not expected until 2025, the current cycle is stronger than the previous one: The National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration recorded 163 sunspots in June, about twice as many as had been anticipated for the period and more than in any other month in two decades.

The relationship between solar activity and the phase of the stratospheric winds over the equator (known as the Quasi-Biennial Oscillation) will influence the strength of the wintertime polar vortex over the North Pole. A weaker polar vortex may open the door for shots of Arctic air to spread south across Canada into the United States.

Catching after looking further, the US might see this or, a much different picture:

How Cold And Snowy?​

Our extended weather forecast, which is based on a mathematical and astronomical formula, calls for below-average temperatures and lots of snowstorms, sleet, ice, rain for much of the Great Lakes and Midwest areas of the country, as well as central and northern New England, especially in January and February. (Brrr…)

When will the first snowfall of the season be?

An unusually snowy and wet winter is also predicted for the Pacific Northwest. Should an El Niño materialize, it could direct the subtropical jet stream into California, translating into copious amounts of rain and snow across the entire Southwest.

Winter in the Great Plains and Rockies will usher in plenty of cold temperatures and occasional bouts of storminess, bringing widespread rains and snows.

Texans will need to bundle up, as unseasonably cold weather is forecast throughout January and February, with a possible major winter storm in mid-January.

The Southeast and Florida will see a wetter-than-normal winter, with average winter temperatures overall, but a few frosts may send many shivers to snowbirds trying to avoid the cold and snow back home.

For those of you living along the I-95 corridor from Washington to Boston, who saw a lack of wintry precipitation last winter, you should experience quite the opposite, with lots of rain/sleet and snowstorms to contend with.

1691782510391.png

Scientist admits the ‘overwhelming consensus’ on the climate change crisis is ‘manufactured’​

We are told climate change is a crisis, and that there is an “overwhelming scientific consensus.”

“It’s a manufactured consensus,” climate scientist Judith Curry tells me.

She says scientists have an incentive to exaggerate risk to pursue “fame and fortune.”

She knows about that because she once spread alarm about climate change.

The media loved her when she published a study that seemed to show a dramatic increase in hurricane intensity.

“We found that the percent of Category 4 and 5 hurricanes had doubled,” says Curry.

“This was picked up by the media,” and then climate alarmists realized, “Oh, here is the way to do it. Tie extreme weather events to global warming!”

“So, this hysteria is your fault!” I tell her.

“Not really,” she smiles.

“They would have picked up on it anyways.”

But Curry’s “more intense” hurricanes gave them fuel.

“I was adopted by the environmental advocacy groups and the alarmists and I was treated like a rock star,” Curry recounts.

“Flown all over the place to meet with politicians.”

But then some researchers pointed out gaps in her research — years with low levels of hurricanes.

“Like a good scientist, I investigated,” says Curry.

She realized that the critics were right.
“Part of it was bad data. Part of it is natural climate variability.”

Curry was the unusual researcher who looked at criticism of her work and actually concluded: “They had a point.”

Then the Climategate scandal taught her that other climate researchers weren’t so open-minded.
Alarmist scientists’ aggressive attempts to hide data suggesting climate change is not a crisis were revealed in leaked emails.

“Ugly things,” says Curry.

Richard Seager de l'Université Columbia de New York avait déjà souligné en 1997 que les modèles climatiques nient l'indéniable refroidissement du Pacifique, qui s'accélère en fait.
Même les premiers "chercheurs du climat" doivent admettre leur embarras face à des événements météorologiques et climatiques réels.
En fait ils ne savent RIEN !
1692001465975.png
Richard Seager of Columbia University in New York had already pointed out in 1997 that climate models deny the undeniable cooling of the Pacific, which is in fact accelerating.
Even early "climate researchers" have to admit their embarrassment at real weather and climate events.
In fact they know NOTHING!

If the tendency of the past few months holds, when winter comes, it might be a real shock to most people. I wouldn't be surprised if this winter is the onset of the Ice Age.
I wouldn't be surprised either. I pay quite a lot of attention to the weather in the UK. Winter of 2021 was very mild and I could practically count the frosts on the fingers of one hand. However last winter 2022 it was freezing for most of the winter. I know this by the number of times I needed to defrost my car before going to work. Lots of folk were making comments about the scientists being wrong about global warming. It will be interesting to see what this winter brings in terms of cold weather.

We had a hot June this year but July was cool and rainy for most of the month. The culprit was apparently the Jet Stream which was positioned to the south of the UK instead of in its normal position to the north. I am not a lover of hot weather and I must admit I quite enjoyed the rain. It did wonders for our countryside which is usually drab and dry at this time of the year, but instead is quite lush and green.

New absurdity in France: under new legislation it is forbidden not to believe in global warming... It seems global warming is going to be a new religion and unbelievers are going to be punished...What next I wonder?!🤦‍♀️
Sounds like covid pandemic take 2. It will only be a matter of time before the scientists who are questioning the veracity of the global warming nonsense are evicted from their seats of learning and deplatformed and debunked on social media.

Warning of a forthcoming collapse of the Atlantic meridional overturning circulation​

The Atlantic meridional overturning circulation (AMOC) is a major tipping element in the climate system and a future collapse would have severe impacts on the climate in the North Atlantic region. In recent years weakening in circulation has been reported, but assessments by the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC), based on the Climate Model Intercomparison Project (CMIP) model simulations suggest that a full collapse is unlikely within the 21st century. Tipping to an undesired state in the climate is, however, a growing concern with increasing greenhouse gas concentrations. Predictions based on observations rely on detecting early-warning signals, primarily an increase in variance (loss of resilience) and increased autocorrelation (critical slowing down), which have recently been reported for the AMOC. Here we provide statistical significance and data-driven estimators for the time of tipping. We estimate a collapse of the AMOC to occur around mid-century under the current scenario of future emissions.

Plus vous croirez en leurs mensonges plus la caste des mondialistes consanguins du Forum économique mondial vous mépriseront.
Votre manque de discernement leur ouvre les portes de la propagande à tout va.
Le narratif du réchauffement climatique n'est là que pour supprimer vos libertés.

The more you believe in their lies the more the inbred globalist caste of the World Economic Forum will despise you.
Your lack of discernment opens the doors of propaganda to them at all costs.
The narrative of global warming is only there to suppress your freedoms.

John Clauser, winner of the Nobel Prize in Physics in 2022. Speech from June 26, 2023 at Quantum Korea:

"I can say with confidence that there is NO real climate crisis and that climate change does NOT cause extreme weather events."

Short video:

Death Valley in California got year's worth of rain in 24 hours - all-time wettest day

mmmmmmmmm
Death Valley is known for breaking records when it comes to hot temperatures, but on Sunday, Tropical Storm Hilary dumped 2.2 inches of rain over the area, which breaks the record for the all-time wettest day in Death Valley.

According to the National Weather Service, that's actually the exact amount of rain they average annually.

Death Valley National Park remained closed Monday due to mud and debris flows and the threat of flash flooding. Even once the park reopens, getting around may be difficult. Park officials said the shoulders of several roads have been either undercut or washed away.

Sunday also set a new record for the wettest August day ever in Palm Springs, San Diego and downtown Los Angeles.

Hilary's highest rain total was in Upper Mission Creek in San Bernardino County, where 13 inches of rainfall was recorded.

Las Leñas Resort, Argentina, reports storm snowfall total of over 11 FEET in 4 days.

Deep powder at Las Leñas Resort.
© Las Leñas Resort
Deep powder at Las Leñas Resort.

In the latest SnowBrains Forecast, we knew it was going to be a busy week for South America. A powerful storm was coming in with the possibility of many resorts seeing 3-6 feet of snow with some seeing as much as 9-12 feet or more.

The forecast may have materialized the most at Las Leñas Resort in Argentina when it reported over 11 feet of new snow at mid-mountain over the last four days. You can tell they were excited when they posted on their Instagram page earlier this week with the caption "This is how we are today August 22. It's the moment!"

Here is the Snow Report from Snow-Forecast showing the snowfall over the last few days. It adds up to over 146 inches, which is over 12 feet.

mmmmm
© Snow-Forecast
Either way you measure it, it is a ridiculous amount of snow.

Although the access road to the resort was closed, Las Leñas is currently operating with a few lifts and runs open, while resort employees are working on avalanche mitigation. The good news is the new snow should allow them to open up more terrain that hasn't been opened yet this season.

This will certainly be a storm to remember. It is not uncommon for the area to have storms that drop three to five feet of snow, but a storm this big may only come every five years or so.

Another post from PowderQuest shows the mountain caked in snow after the storm subsided. Maybe it's time to head down to South America, it sure looks nice.

C'est tout de même étrange de se préoccuper d'un éventuel réchauffement climatique quand les pires calamités de l'humanité ont été causées par le froid.
C'est tout de même étrange de constater les nombreuses études et publications sur les baisses de l'activité solaire et les records de froid observés sur Terre, alors que dans le même temps on ne prend plus en compte aujourd'hui l'activité du Soleil dans un éventuel réchauffement...
C'est tout de même étrange de prendre en référence le petit âge glaciaire comme référence pour ensuite dire que les températures s'élèvent. Saviez-vous par exemple que l'olivier était cultivé dans la vallée d'Aoste avant 1350 ? Puis cela a repris il y a peu. Quelle relation alors avec le réchauffement créé par l'homme ?
Les populations souffrent du froid, entre 1693 et 1694, près de 1,7 millions de Français sont morts du froid, autant que durant la Première guerre mondiale.
L’hiver de 1709-1710 est également resté dans les mémoires. Le vin a gelé jusque dans le verre du roi. Le froid atteint -25°C en campagne. Cet hiver a entraîné la mort de 200 000 à 300 000 personnes.
En Amérique du Nord, en 1816, la neige tomba en plein été. Plusieurs vagues de froid venant de l’Arctique firent d’énormes dégâts.
Certes, outre l'activité du Soleil, il y a aussi 2 autres calamités qui nous menacent ; la chute d'une grande météorite, et l'explosion d'un super-volcan, le Campi Flegrei à Naples est surveillé comme le lait sur le feu. Ces catastrophes amènent l'hiver sans fin sur Terre, mais eux se préoccupent de quelques dixièmes de degrés de plus.
1693211575639.png
It's strange to be concerned about global warming when some of the worst disasters in human history have been caused by the cold.
It's also strange to note the numerous studies and publications on the drop in solar activity and the record-breaking cold observed on Earth, while at the same time the Sun's activity is no longer taken into account in any possible warming...
All the same, it's strange to use the Little Ice Age as a reference point and then say that temperatures are rising. Did you know, for example, that olive trees were grown in the Aosta Valley before 1350? Then it started up again a short while ago. So what does this have to do with man-made warming?
Between 1693 and 1694, almost 1.7 million French people died from the cold, as many as died during the First World War.
The winter of 1709-1710 is also remembered. The wine froze even in the king's glass. The cold reached -25°C in the countryside. This winter led to the deaths of between 200,000 and 300,000 people.
In North America in 1816, snow fell in the middle of summer. Several cold snaps from the Arctic caused enormous damage.
Of course, in addition to the Sun's activity, there are 2 other calamities that threaten us: the fall of a large meteorite, and the explosion of a super-volcano. The Campi Flegrei in Naples is being watched like milk on fire. These disasters are bringing endless winter to Earth, but they're just a few tenths of a degree warmer.

Une intervention qui donne un coup de pied au cul au GIEC et qui met le malaise sur le plateau de Cnews et son présentateur asservi ! Nous vivons la même technique Covid : une Doxa et les autres tous complotistes ! Vive notre belle démocratie totalitaire !
View attachment 80527
A speech that kicks the IPCC up the arse and makes the Cnews set and its subservient presenter feel uneasy! We're experiencing the same Covid technique: one Doxa and the others all conspiracy theorists! Long live our beautiful totalitarian democracy!

Attachments

• 1693212847756.jpeg
    1693212847756.jpeg
    9.5 KB · Views: 5
Greenland snow counting season is over - a new one begins

Today begins a new season which will be visible September second, and it is a good time to collect the review of the year.

During the year, there were periods with much snow and some with little, occasionally spikes indicating serious dumps, and also periods with much melting. The area above the zero line indicates the total mass gain and the area below the zero line indicates the total loss of mass. At the end of August, the mass gain/loss line crossed zero.
1693605425085.png
It is easier to see which area gained and lost in the next illustration, which shows the map of Greenland. Notice the areas with dark reds and dark blues, indicating that some areas really lost ice while others really gained. I can't recall having seen such contrast before:
1693605242800.png
During the season, the melting at times covered larger areas than is usual.
1693605512790.png
The bottom line is that the ice age of Greenland is pretty stable.❄️🐻‍❄️

This discussion was interesting, IMO brings together multiple threads with coming ice age.

One point discussed was the changing of the sun's color (from yellow to white). I was surprised that no more people in my community were discussing this. I was pointing this to family members this and some of them just brushed it aside.

Back
Top Bottom