The Flying Sex Dream

Annette1

Jedi
The following is a dream I had that was very vivid and seemed so odd at the time (mid 1998). I originally interpreted this dream as being one of "mental vs. physical." However, since delving into this site, some points have become rather curious to say the least. I dubbed this dream "the flying sex dream".

I am in what seems a sort of semi open air market or mall and I am seated at a table directly across from a man who I am chatting with, though he is a stranger to me. I don't recall what our conversation was about but it seems it was interesting, intelligent and pleasant. The man is in traditional Middle-Eastern attire, only I cannot see his face as it is always in the shadows of his classic shora/smagh and egal, but I notice his eyes which glow the color of embers. However, none of this frightens or threatens me. The man then says to me, "You will remember 1948." I look at him rather puzzled and he repeats this sentence which comes across in the most authoritive manner. At first I interpret this as a calendar year (and it is how it was spoken in the dream; nineteen forty eight) and my first thought was that I was not even born in 1948. I begin to wonder if I have traveled backward in time and I scrutinize my surroundings, noting that I seem to be outside of the USA and in the Middle East. However, it doesn't appear to look like what I imagine 1948 to look like. The man pushes a piece of paper across the table toward me with "1948" written on it. Before I am able to ponder this, the man then says to me, "You will wear the veil." I explain to him that this is not my custom and I decline. With authoritive insistence he repeats the sentence and pushes a folded veil in the shape of a triangle across the table at me. I stand up and to my own surprise I unfold the veil and put it on. The entire time I am wondering to myself why am I doing this. (putting this veil on) This is so out of character for me. (I wonder this to myself in the dream, not with an awareness of dreaming.) Suddenly the man is standing directly in front of me and he raises my arms above my head, my left hand in his right and my right hand in his left. But his hands/fingers sort of extend and curl over mine. At the same time his feet/toes do the same to mine and in an instant we are horizontal with me on the bottom and in mid air. Under his power, I realize we are flying. (I never recall a dream in which I am flying, so this is significant, but I note that I am not doing so under my own power.) Simultaneously, I also realize the man is having sex with me. Curiously, I do not have a sense of violation. Instead, I am mentally trying to analyze if I like the sex better or if I like the flying better and I never make a decision. Meanwhile, I am noticing that we are flying over vast areas of land, much of it seems to be uninhabited, but I observe deserts and mountains and cities. I somehow perceive that this man is conveying to me that this land belongs to him. Then we are flying over a public area about 10 to 15 feet in the air above people. I am mildly concerned that these people will notice we are having sex, but the people react like this is a common occurrence and go about their activities. Next, I wake up in a small room filled with pillows which cover the floor. It seems the room is lighted by daylight through a long, narrow opaque window. I begin contemplating what went on with this strange man and I perceive that I have unwittingly taken part in some unfamiliar ritual. I don't recall if there was a door in the room or not, but somehow I am confined in this room. At this point the man suddenly reappears and pounces on me, toppling me onto the pillows. He is ardently kissing me and I can feel myself physically succumbing to his advances, but my brain is warning me not to allow this to happen as the ritual will be completed if I do and I will lose my freedom. I recall thinking no amount of flying sex is worth that. It becomes a real struggle in my dream. A struggle of mental vs. physical. I fight for all I am worth attempting to push this man away from me and it is at this point in my dream that I become really alarmed. At no point until then am I ever fearful in this dream, even when I encounter a man with glowing eyes! Suddenly I wake up. I actually felt like I was struggling and as if I was snatched away in the middle of a kiss and I was breathing heavily from fear.

Much of this dream seemed straight forward to me at the time. Now I think I have a better idea of who the man represented and the veil. However the "1948" thing never made any sense to me. The dream contained sex, but did not seem sexual to me or the "sex" was competing with "flying" so I am not certain of the significance of that, unless it just represented enjoyable physical sensations for me. I don't know if the Middle East had any significance. This was 3 years prior to 9/11. If anyone wants to share insight on this, please do. By the way, I was not taking any melatonin.

Apologies to all - wasn't sure I should start a new thread. Thanks for the suggestion Esoquest.

1948 = creation of Israel. If you 'remember this event" (i.e. remember the injustice and the plight of the Palestinians), you will no doubt need to wear a veil (i.e. strategic enclosure?) to hide your views from crazy Zionist-sympathizers. That's just what I observed while reading your dream. Not sure about the sex, though.

One small thing I noticed about this dream is the man repeating 1948 to you twice, then a third time by writing it down - just like hypnotists/evangelists/politicians do in speeches -when they repeat something, even a question, three times to hook the audience in. That stuck out to me for some reason. Then, after the third mention of 1948, you behave in a hypnotized manner by putting on the veil against your own wishes, which seals the deal, and he has almost complete control over you at that point. I could be way off, but this stuck out to me as what he was doing - hypnotizing you, then controlling you - and you finally snapped out of it just in time, or perhaps the control would have been complete.

The Middle Eastern nature of the dream, the man, the topography of flight, the room with the pillows, the veil do point to "1948" being the birth date of Israel, as Harrison said. Interestingly enough, if you add the numbers of this date you get 22, which is the number of letters in the Hebrew alphabet. Israeli's, however, do not wear veils or the shora/snagh and egal. Interestingly also, George Orwell wrote "1984" in 1948 (hence the inversion in the last two numbers).

This is a dream of seduction of the black magic variety, plain and simple (as anart also implied at least in terms of hypnosis). I guess you have an idea who the man was, as you say, meaning there was someone behind it who wanted to control you. This man's mind-set was aligned with the way some men of middle eastern origin view women as property to be claimed and tamed. There was a cultural orientation tied to a specific geographic region (Palestine), and this man wanted to tie you into the mindset of that region where women are told they must submit to the male dominating their lives.

Palestine became known to the world in 1948, and hence a strong part of the global collective, and hence that date is an anchor of psychic reference. Putting on the veil willingly was your agreement to be controlled. The flying/sex aspect was a false presentation of freedom and pleasure, at the "master's" behest, of course.

The man wanted to give you a reason to submit with all these theatrics, and then placed you in a "gilded cage", which was the room with the pillows (looking a lot like a harem room). The way he positioned himself over you as if covering/smothering you right before the flight/sex aspect clearly shows entrappment and domination, as if he wanted to cover every inch of you with himself so that nothing of you could escape.

This means that even up to and including the part when he threw himself at you at the end of the dream, he knew you could still resist. This man is probably arrogant and considers his will to be a dominating force. To him, you were a conquest or something to be owned. In the end, I believe he actually lost control and breached the protocol of the ritual by throwing himself at you.

He threw caution to the wind because you were not resisting before, and in doing so revealed his true nature beyond the ritual. He blew the ritual, and shattered his control by his last attempt at unorganized passion, and you snapped out of it. It is possible that something in you knew what was going on and played along with it because you knew in the end he could not have power over you.

He wanted to possess you, but until the final show of passion it was the ritual that was possessing you, and he wanted to show that he not dependent on the ritual or hypnotic pattern. And THAT is where you showed him that he could never possess you, because you were simply going along with an organized drama, a drama which was actually protecting you from the real force of his dominance because it was presribed over his true nature.

He had to follow the "rules" and you broke free as soon as he quit doing so. In that sense, I think he never really had you. You were cool with the rules and observing everything that was going on. As soon as he really tried to claim you, the mask fell and you exercised your free will. In doing so you proved this man was impotent from the start, because without his trappings he was nothing, even though in going along with the drama you had to do a bit of struggling to be fully free (which comes with the territory of going along with such games).

From your dream, I got the impression you did not link the way he wanted you to link, but acted out without real submission. If you had, you would have started thinking submissively instead of exploratively. Still, there was a struggle because of proximity. The point is he never had a chance because you never "owned" his suggestions, just went along with them.

Back
Top Bottom