The Final Witness, by Paul Landis

Dotini

Padawan Learner
I'm reading The Final Witness - A Secret Service Agent Breaks His Silence After 60 Years, by Paul Landis.

I remember I was in an 8th grade classroom when we were told the news that the President was shot dead in Dallas. I remember crying. The teachers and kids were quite disturbed. Ever since, I have followed the various government investigations and the books and movies that subsequently came out. There are still over 4000 documents, some one line or one page, others much longer, that remain classified. Many folks have thought the case finally closed, lacking any important new evidence. But that may have changed with the revelations of Agent Landis.

The key revelation is that Landis was the person who found the near-pristine bullet in the back seat of the presidential limousine which was later found in the gurney which carried the President's body. He knows because he put it there.

It has been formerly thought that the first shot, which passed through the President's back and neck, then wounded Governor Connolly and came to be known as the single bullet theory, or "Magic Bullet". If Landis is correct, the single bullet theory is debunked.

Back
Top Bottom