Support your local Free Library

For those in other countries I'm not sure how it works...but for those of you in the USA I urge you to donate books and videos to your local Free Library. They need support. Actually the most thought provoking movies I've ever seen I got from the library and not from the TLA video store lol. So if you want to spread your knowledge, donate to your local Free Library. Thank you. :)

Hello Telperion I agree with you on the importance of donating books and videos to the local library. As a homeschooling parent I find that the library is an excellent resource for a lot of our educational needs. I find the online (search engine) aspect of the library is very helpful, whenever a new book is recommended for reading or research suggested, I search the library database first, I can request a book from anywhere in the state and the system ships the book or media directly to my local branch, and this service is totally free! As a teacher I am always suggesting parents and kids to use this wonderful and free learning tool. Currently our state library system has had to make huge cut backs for lack of funding and community involvement. Hours are cut and staff is reduced because the state just doesn't have the money to pay employees, therefore there is a huge need for volunteers.
My children and I volunteer at library book sales and other library events giving as much time and energy as we can to help fill the need. We have a greater appreciation and respect for the services the library has to offer!
Thanks for the reminder!

Erykah said:
Hello Telperion I agree with you on the importance of donating books and videos to the local library. As a homeschooling parent I find that the library is an excellent resource for a lot of our educational needs. I find the online (search engine) aspect of the library is very helpful, whenever a new book is recommended for reading or research suggested, I search the library database first, I can request a book from anywhere in the state and the system ships the book or media directly to my local branch, and this service is totally free! As a teacher I am always suggesting parents and kids to use this wonderful and free learning tool. Currently our state library system has had to make huge cut backs for lack of funding and community involvement. Hours are cut and staff is reduced because the state just doesn't have the money to pay employees, therefore there is a huge need for volunteers.
My children and I volunteer at library book sales and other library events giving as much time and energy as we can to help fill the need. We have a greater appreciation and respect for the services the library has to offer!
Thanks for the reminder!
This is good to hear! (: I need to volunteer as well, that is next on my agenda

Back
Top Bottom