Super hungry parrot :D

D69

Dagobah Resident
Haha I had a good laugh :D
Smart birdie :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fCeYHpDe580&feature=player_embedded

Thanks for sharing, drygol - that was hysterical. (a bit nervous to see him perched on the stove, however)
Parrots love certain types of sounds and will create them incessantly. Mine (when I lived in the USA) used to pick up and drop spoons repeatedly for the sound. Unfortunately, they also loved the sound of breaking glass. One day, as I entered the room where my antique glass collection was kept (in a cabinet with magnet locked doors), I witnessed my birds sitting in the open cabinet (which they opened themselves), dropping the last piece of glass onto the floor where it joined a colourful pile of pieces. (I think the folks in the next neighbourhood heard me yelling..... :mad: - but I still miss them terribly.)
Cheers.

NewYorker said:
I witnessed my birds sitting in the open cabinet (which they opened themselves), dropping the last piece of glass onto the floor where it joined a colourful pile of pieces. (I think the folks in the next neighbourhood heard me yelling..... :mad: - but I still miss them terribly.)
Cheers.

what do You mean? You "necked" 'em!? :rolleyes:

Very cute! Though the banging reminds me of how much a three year old I knew liked to bang cabinet doors open and closed. :D

You "necked" 'em!? :rolleyes:
Not sure what that expression means??
I treat my birds just like kids - I yelled a lot at the time but they weren't punished or anything similar and normal mutual affection continued (but I packed a few things away after that!).
However, I left the USA 20+ years ago and, while I spent 10 years lobbying the govt of this country to let me import these two particular birds (I had 14), they couldn't care less. It was so traumatic having to leave my precious companions behind with someone else that I had a minor stroke just before leaving. I still have their photos on the wall in my room.

Yes, Gimpy - that is right. I don't have kids so I never noticed that!
Cheers.

NewYorker said:
You "necked" 'em!? :rolleyes:
Not sure what that expression means??
I treat my birds just like kids - I yelled a lot at the time but they weren't punished or anything similar and normal mutual affection continued (but I packed a few things away after that!).
However, I left the USA 20+ years ago and, while I spent 10 years lobbying the govt of this country to let me import these two particular birds (I had 14), they couldn't care less. It was so traumatic having to leave my precious companions behind with someone else that I had a minor stroke just before leaving. I still have their photos on the wall in my room.

Yes, Gimpy - that is right. I don't have kids so I never noticed that!
Cheers.

I'm sorry, it was a louzy try at a joke :-[. My bad.

Well, my post when re-read makes too abrupt a statement from yelling about the antiques they broke to saying I missed them. There was a lot missing in between those two half sentences which could be misconstrued!
Abbreviations can be difficult sometimes - I might be too old to understand an expression; or I'm from somewhere else where the expression isn't used; or not techno enough - etc.
Anyway - parrots are brilliant - I love'em! :thup:
Anymore fun parrot videos you've come across, drygol?
Cheers.

Back
Top Bottom