Strange Sleep Occurrences

pstott

Jedi
It just occurred to me to ask about this - I had "forgotten" about it for many years.

When I was considerably younger - from about the age of 4 or 5 through early teens I had a disturbing sleep experience that recurred several times. I call it an experience rather than a dream as I seemed to be partially awake at the time, in fact on more than one occasion I cried out and my parents entered the room to comfort me, but I still could not "wake up" out of the experience.

It was as if there was an object - roughly hour-glass shaped - hovering somewhere above me. This object was slowly rotating end-over-end, and threatening to fall and crush me, and I was only able to keep it from doing this by very strenuous force of will.

I would like to know if possible what this was all about...

pstott said:
It just occurred to me to ask about this - I had "forgotten" about it for many years.

When I was considerably younger - from about the age of 4 or 5 through early teens I had a disturbing sleep experience that recurred several times. I call it an experience rather than a dream as I seemed to be partially awake at the time, in fact on more than one occasion I cried out and my parents entered the room to comfort me, but I still could not "wake up" out of the experience.

It was as if there was an object - roughly hour-glass shaped - hovering somewhere above me. This object was slowly rotating end-over-end, and threatening to fall and crush me, and I was only able to keep it from doing this by very strenuous force of will.

I would like to know if possible what this was all about...

Well, you know of course, that personal questions are discouraged. I'm sure every one of us has had some "strange occurrence" in our lives, think of the amount of energy it would consume if everybody asked about them.

Perhaps you had an episode of sleep paralysis?

pstott said:
Oh - sorry I didn't realize that this type of question was taboo.

I don't think it is a taboo at all. I think that Mrs. Peel said that it is discouraged because if we all ask personal questions it would consume a lot of energy and time and a lot of universal question that are related to all the group and humanity could not have enough time and energy to be asked. Sometimes those universal questions get answers that help a lot with all the different personal issues that each of us have. However, asking the group for help here in the forum is always encouraged.

I think Mrs Peel meant it is not a question to ask the "C's".
This question would be fine if asked in another category as a question for other forum members.
Perhaps in the memories, dreams, reflections section for example.

opossum said:
I think Mrs Peel meant it is not a question to ask the "C's".
This question would be fine if asked in another category as a question for other forum members.
Perhaps in the memories, dreams, reflections section for example.

Yes to you and Graalsword. :) That type of question would be better asked of other Forum members.

Back
Top Bottom