Strange experience last night

Nicholas

The Living Force
FOTCM Member
A storm blew in around 8:30pm last night while I was reading "The Dwellings of the Philosophers" by Fulcanelli. Lots of lightening and strong winds. Went to bed around 10pm. :zzz: The storm had passed by but it was still very windy. This made for a restless night.

Found myself awake and lying on my stomach sometime around 3am. Suddenly, I heard above me a vibrating type sound that was pretty loud (could hear it over the wind noise). The sound seemed to come from just above my bedroom in my one story house. The frequency was similar to a helicopter sound but a little faster. The sound just appeared, in other words it did not gradually get louder as if traveling towards me. The next thing I felt was my body vibrating and beginning to disappear. I was very surprised and said "Oh my God" twice. I was trying not to be scared. :scared: Then I was thinking to myself at the time that this must be the Wave coming through. Then suddenly, the sound disappeared (it did not taper off like it would if moving away) and my body was back to normal as if nothing had happened. The incident seemed to last for about 5 to 10 seconds. I looked outside but did not see anything.

While trying to get back to sleep, I had the impression that it was possible I was in a strong magnetic field. When I woke up in the morning, I didn't notice any physical or mental problems and went about my day as usual.

I am wondering if anyone else has had a similar experience?

Hey nicholas, interesting experience.

Not to be a wet blanket or anything, but usually I've noticed that when I am reading any sort of work that deals with UFO/PSI/Wave/Densities etc that relate to this forum, especially when I am alone at night, there is a tendency to be hyper sensitive and exaggerate the normal noises that one hears around the house, inside or outside. You mentioned a storm during this night, which could explain the sensations you had.

Maybe you should examine it deeper and search for further clues to see if indeed there was something unusual. Why did you suspect being in a magnetic field?
Did you see any physical phenomenon that correlates or was it more mental?

my 0.2c

Hi moksha,

I do need to mention that as soon as the experience was ending, I heard my neighbor starting up his motorcycle and leaving. This made me wonder if I was exaggerating the experience I felt. As you note, I could have been hyper sensitive.

[quote author=moksha]Why did you suspect being in a magnetic field? [/quote]
That seemed to be the best description of what I physically felt even though I don't believe I have ever been in a magnetic field before. The sensation reminded me of when playing with magnets and feeling the repulsive force of two magnets aligned with the same poles. I had the sensation of loosing my physical body in the vibration but I was not floating away.

[quote author=moksha]Did you see any physical phenomenon that correlates or was it more mental?[/quote]
I could not find any physical evidence. It seems the process was aborted for some reason (maybe from neighbor across the street leaving) right before the sensation reached my head. As for being "more mental", I am not sure what that means. I was awake at the time and really felt a physical vibration. If it was just in my mind, then it was a wonderful trick. :)

I keep a journal and noticed this happened right after Laura's personal email to which I provided my assistance.

I appreciate you helping me to explore this phenomena more! I do ponder this experience trying to come up with an explanation but so far nothing has come up.
Thanks for your 0.2c moksha!

assuming it wasn't your wild imagination, it could be related to the 'merging of realities' or the 'eclipsing of thought centers' that Laura talks about in her books. I think that one can never be sure of what actually happened in such instances, unless we all have a source like the C's that we can ask questions to :)

i think the closest i've come to a paranomal experience is to wake up one fine morning with a huge lump on one side of my head (corner of forehead), that looked like as if I hit my head somewhere, hard. I certainly didnt fall out of my bed and I'm sure I didn't sleepwalk at night to bang myself somewhere :lol: and it didn't hurt either, as you'd expect it to. that went totally unexplained.

Anyway. it's you keep a journal, see if this occurs again. In the meantime, maybe you could do more research on those concepts I just listed.

The one time in my life that I believe I had an out-of-body experience, the noise I heard was similar to what you describe, Nicholas. It was a loud buzzing vibration. I also felt my body seem to disintegrate. The buzzing faded away as I decided to just "go with it" and then I began flying.

There may have been other times that I have had OOBE, but this particular time, the evidence seems to prove that it actually happened. I "flew" to where my friend was working, about 110 miles away, saw his truck at the construction site and the grouping of buildings, etc. I had no knowledge that he was working there at the time, because we weren't that close yet. About 6 months later we went on a trip together and we drove by the site. He pointed out the site, said he worked there, and I didn't know how to explain to him that I knew it already.

I remember the buzzing sound came back really loud during the episode when I kinda felt scared that I was flying, and then I came back into my body. It almost seemed like I fell back into my body with a loud thump, and then the buzzing stopped completely.

[quote author=moksha]Anyway. it's you keep a journal, see if this occurs again. In the meantime, maybe you could do more research on those concepts I just listed.[/quote]
I noticed in my journal I wrote that I had started reading Fulcanelli's book "The Dwellings of the Philosophers". Doing some research on the concepts you noted led me to two posts that were interesting: http://www.cassiopaea.org/forum/index.php?topic=6884.msg78072#msg78072 about sleep paralysis and what the C's mention to Laura and http://www.cassiopaea.org/forum/index.php?topic=5372.msg35894#msg35894 on Astral Projections. This experience could be part of my desire to remember my true self.

Hi Kel,

Thanks for relating your experience! That was really fascinating. I wonder if I was about to do the same but the neighbor took my attention away? Your description also reminds me of Carlos Castaneda's description as his awareness changed, he also heard a buzzing sound during the process.

Strange occurrence last night while I had a restless sleep. Every time I woke up, I could see two words across my vision as I tried to go back to sleep. I believe it said "complete exercise". This happened about 4 times until I finally woke up for the last time to get out of bed. The final dream I remember is walking along a beach where many people were enjoying themselves. Some had pets they were playing with but these were no ordinary pets! They were lions, hyenas and such. Wrestling with each other and the owners much like we would do with dogs. Once again, during the day before this event, I expressed the desire to remember my true self.

I will keep trying to meditate and see where this journey takes me.

Back
Top Bottom