STRANGE CLOUDS

Comment: I think now it was not the same cloud that I photographed around 17:00 pm from Toluca to the west of Mexico City
1704993419441.png
Perhaps it is, just seen from another perspective and colors due to the hues of the sunset, the Tlaxcala user mentioned it stayed there for a long time. Check also the Metepec's one (neighbor of Toluca).

Other captures
What an impact with the clouds this afternoon. My goodness, they look fabulous!
or...tomorrow it will be cold as hell #Toluca

Perhaps it is, just seen from another perspective and colors due to the hues of the sunset

Well, more than 24 hours have passed and the lenticular cloud remains now a little more to the north. I don't know if it can be seen from Mexico City. The photos were taken today (January 11th) around 17:30 pm local time from the Toluca Valley.

20240111_173222.jpg

20240111_172933.jpg

Lenticular cloud in Cuautitlan Izcalli north from Mexico City on January 10

I have seen videos from Mexico City and this looks amazing, can someone explain me. Says the author of the TikTok video

My sister sent me this photo of the morning sky over Warsaw today. The clouds look almost like honeycombs. I think it's the first time I've seen such a pattern in the clouds.
I have never seen these either, but it looks like they are seen mostly over the open ocean. Here is the explanation for how they are formed:

Scientists call the honeycomb-patterned clouds "open-cell clouds"; they are low, flat clouds that, to someone peering down from an airplane, resemble a quilt. The quilt patches are spaces of open air framed by walls of clouds.

The honeycomb is created by a simple form of convection, air movement caused by warm air rising and cold air falling (the same phenomenon that happens in a pot of boiling water).
You can read more about them here.

I saw this story in the news here in Canada today:

Purple haze, don't know why? Here's the science behind the colourful fog seen in B.C.'s Okanagan​

A strange "purple fog" greeted people this morning in Penticton, British Columbia.
In Penticton, about 60 kilometres south, the fog started out as purple at around 7:15 a.m. before changing to pink and later blue, according to resident Dana Coates, who took a photo of the colourful sky over Okanagan Lake.

'Undulatus Asperatus' phenomenon spotted in skies over Tanami, northern #Australia (March 03, 2024). #Amazing #Clouds #Climagram

Pareidolia of 'Face in the Clouds' was seen in skies over Lomas de Zamora, Buenos Aires, #Argentina (March 02, 2024). #Face #Clouds #Climagram

This one is terrifying. This is the second 'face in the sky' I've seen posted on X.

In the video that has gone viral, the figure of an alleged face in the sky can be seen, which immediately generated debate in social networks.

Among the comments to the video were those that claimed that it was all about a projection with lights in the sky.

I think it is a reflection through a glass.

Pareidolia of 'face' in the sky over Curacaví, #Chile (February 22, 2024). #Strange #Clouds #Face #Climagram
cara-cielo-azul-182949-800x450.jpg

There is a strange fog today in Sochi. Locals say that it is something very unusual. A fog that covered the shore within 5 minutes in the middle of the day.

Telegram has better videos than Youtube. So here and here (RT) posts in Telegram and couple from Youtube. Maybe later there will be more.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom