Steven Spielberg, UFO's in Gibraltar and the "New Jerusalem"

axj

The Living Force
So this is quite a weird story. I stayed in Gibraltar on a boat (in the marina) for a couple of days and the guy who owns the boat told me that there are a few people living on a boat nearby who are financed by Steven Spielberg to film the Gibraltar Rock every night. Apparently, Spielberg also visited them at one time last year.

Then I found this website which seems to be from these guys since it lines up perfectly with what I was told about their beliefs. They are basically expecting a "rapture event" in Gibraltar where a big UFO ("New Jerusalem") will take people away - sort of similar to Spielberg's movie "Close Encounters" which also features a prominent rock and people being taken away by a UFO mothership there.

The guy who created the website thinks of himself as some sort of prophet who was mentioned in the bible (Elijah - or JAH, for short).

It all sounds like a load of BS and I find it amazing that Spielberg is so involved in this. The parallels to his famous movie may be what convinced him - on the website they talk about how Spielberg received the idea for that movie telepathically, etc.

_http://jahtruth.net/closeenc.htm

Sounds like hokum to me.

Spielberg himself has distanced himself from CE3K, calling it "the movie that most dates me". His reasoning is that he could never today write a story where the father abandons his family to go on a quest.

I don't think that's it at all, but he simply doesn't want to say the truth. I think the truth is that he no longer believes aliens (at least some) to be benign, that in fact they are a threat to mankind and something to be feared.

In that light, hiring some folks to hang out at Gibraltar to await the "grand entrance"? Nah, I don't think so. If they are working for Spielberg, I think it's something banal like filming the rocks to get a year's worth of light reference for a movie.

The website doesn't mention Spielberg's actual involvement in this project (if I got the right one, geez what a lot of gibberish), so who knows how his name got tied in there - town gossip? Or he is interested and just paid the crew a visit ...but judging from their website I wouldn't think so ...Or "filming a UFO" is on some secret list for directors "10 things to do before you die". Who knows ...

CEOTK is not the only "Alien" movie he is involved with, check this list which movies he produced, and you find more than one that can be connected:
http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0000229/

Men in Black, Invasion America, ET ...

So yeah, I wouldn't say he is not interested :whistle:

M.T.

Yeah, Spielberg's involvement is not mentioned on the site, but at the same time it is the only website that links his movie "Close Encounters" with UFO's in Gibraltar. Spielberg's involvement with these guys is more or less gossip, however they do not seem to keep this a secret - at least to their neighbors.

Back
Top Bottom