Soy Milk Infant Formula Links To ADD and Other Problems

webglider

Dagobah Resident
I recently had my daughter given a neurological profile exam, and although the results have not yet been completely analyzed and written up, it seems clear that there are auditory and memory dysfunctions that is causing her problems in and outside of school.

As I was unable to breastfeed my daughter, I have begun to look for explanations as to why she should be manifesting these conditions.

On a hunch, I looked up soy milk formula, and was horrified by what I've found. Soy milk contains too much maganese for the infant liver to process.

: http://www.autismone.org/uploads/2006/Daniel%20Kaayla%20MV%20article.pdf

I am especially heartsick because I was led to believe that cow's milk was unhealthy for infants while soy formula was not.

I now believe that many of the difficulties that my daughter and I have experienced over the years may be related to the soy milk infant formula I gave her.

I hope this post can help someone else.

Yes, soy = MSG, which is an excitotoxin and kills brain cells and leaves one open to all kinds of problems like the one's your daughter seems to be going through. A very difficult situation indeed, considering how much it's promoted by health advocates.

Well, it's a little more complicated than that - soy is just plain evil.  This thread goes into some detail about it.  http://www.cassiopaea.org/forum/index.php?topic=6282.msg43183#msg43183

If you haven't' looked through the health section of the forum, webglider, you should at least read the sticky posts.  Have you read the Wave and Adventure series as well?  I'm just curious due to your question on the perpendicular reality thread - if you haven't yet read the whole series, it really is recommended.

(added later - as an aside, I was nursed on soy formula, so there might be more than just the soy factor involved in your daughter's situation. It's likely a combination of things.)

anart said:
Well, it's a little more complicated than that - soy is just plain evil. This thread goes into some detail about it. http://www.cassiopaea.org/forum/index.php?topic=6282.msg43183#msg43183

I read the thread a while ago,but as I did not suspect that my daughter had learning disabilities, I never made the connection.

anart said:
If you haven't' looked through the health section of the forum, webglider, you should at least read the sticky posts. Have you read the Wave and Adventure series as well? I'm just curious due to your question on the perpendicular reality thread - if you haven't yet read the whole series, it really is recommended.

I read the entire Wave Series and The Adventure Series before I ever posted on the forum. I read them both breathlessly fast. I didn't quite understand everything, and I skipped the parts that have to do with physics. This time I slowed down, and I made myself read more carefully. It also has taken me a long time to gear myself to read Mourvieff, but now I'm on the second volume, and I'm absorbing the information because I'm slowing down and reading carefully. I still have difficulty with the specifics of lateral octaves though although I grasp the main ideas of the Law of Seven.

I'm reading the recommended psychology books along with Mourvieff. I need to reread "The Wave" I also read The Secret History of the World and How to Get Out Alive", which I also have to reread. I've read parts of "911, The Ultimate Truth." as well as many of Laura's articles.

anart said:
(added later - as an aside, I was nursed on soy formula, so there might be more than just the soy factor involved in your daughter's situation. It's likely a combination of things.)

I'm thinking that vaccinations are probably a factor as well as soy. I wonder if there is a difference in the quality of the soy that was havested when you were given it, (was the soy genetically engineered at that time?}. and that given to infants in the early 90's? If you have any suggestions about what the combination of things could be, I'd really like to know so that I could research them.

Right now, after having read how manganese prevents the body from absorbing iron, I have some insight into why my daughter has always had such low energy. I remember how passive she was compared to the other babies.

I haven't gotten the written report from the psychologists yet, so I don't have the full picture.

wg said:
I'm thinking that vaccinations are probably a factor as well as soy. I wonder if there is a difference in the quality of the soy that was havested when you were given it, (was the soy genetically engineered at that time?}.

The same question crossed my mind, actually. It would certainly seem that the GMO factor would have an impact.

wg said:
and that given to infants in the early 90's? If you have any suggestions about what the combination of things could be, I'd really like to know so that I could research them.

I was wondering about vaccinations as well, though there are so many factors that can influence such things, that it is almost impossible to 'guess'. Hopefully the tests will reveal something. I have a younger relative with auditory processing/developmental issues that are 'blamed' on prolonged lack of oxygen during birth due to complications, but no one knows for certain. Vaccinations are such a likely culprit, but perhaps it's a combination of vaccinations/genetic predisposition/environmental factors? I not only have no answers, I have only supposition - which doesn't get us very far at all.

I know how you feel. I gave four of my five children soy formula because they couldn't tolerate milk formulas and I was trying to look out for their health!!! Feel like I've been kicked in the stomach! Child number five had raw goat's milk after I stopped nursing her after advice from a chiropractor...

webglider said:
Right now, after having read how manganese prevents the body from absorbing iron, I have some insight into why my daughter has always had such low energy. I remember how passive she was compared to the other babies.

Well, none of my children were passive or low energy, so I don't think that is a result of soy formula. It could be vaccinations. Listen to the new podcast on sott and consider doing a detox with your daughter.

anart said:
[/I was wondering about vaccinations as well, though there are so many factors that can influence such things, that it is almost impossible to 'guess'. Hopefully the tests will reveal something. I have a younger relative with auditory processing/developmental issues that are 'blamed' on prolonged lack of oxygen during birth due to complications, but no one knows for certain. Vaccinations are such a likely culprit, but perhaps it's a combination of vaccinations/genetic predisposition/environmental factors? I not only have no answers, I have only supposition - which doesn't get us very far at all.

I almost didn't vaccinate her, but then I caved in. Recently, her doctor has been pressuring me to give her a tetanus booster shot, the vaccine to prevent menengitis, and gardisil which I absolutely refuse to do.

Laura said:
I know how you feel. I gave four of my five children soy formula because they couldn't tolerate milk formulas and I was trying to look out for their health!!! Feel like I've been kicked in the stomach! Child number five had raw goat's milk after I stopped nursing her after advise from a chiropractor...
[/quote]

That's exactly how I feel, like I've been kicked in the stomach. I am just amazed at how uninformed and clueless I've been all these years, and how my wrongful perceptions of her situation that informed my parenting all these years only increased her unhappiness and inability to cope

I definitely want her to do a detox - if she'll cooperate.

There is nothing more humbling than parenthood IMHO.

Webglider said:
I am just amazed at how uninformed and clueless I've been all these years, and how my wrongful perceptions of her situation that informed my parenting all these years only increased her unhappiness and inability to cope

In this world, almost 100% of the medias and MDs praise soymilk (and many other toxic things) so I guess even the best informed parents are falling in this trap.

Don't be too hard on yourself with these past events, you now have a lot of information that can definitely help detoxify you and your daughter.

Back
Top Bottom